P5k3 Leopard Install Guide

nateleav76

39 posts in this topic

Did you try without using the sudo command?.. and also, I'm not sure this patch will work with your motherboard. As the topic states... P5K3

oh damn.. i didnt pay attention, i am sorry. i wish it were for a general laptop.. oh well. thanks for tell me. i did try without using the sudo command, but it says it is not permission.

but do you have any idea how to install ToH leopard dvd on my laptop gateway m465 alike first post or should i wait for iatkos to release?

thanks

Hi all,

I install Leo ToH version on my external HDD , boot and work well, only the sound dont want to work (AD1988B). I try all trick and dont want to work. In XP the sound card is : Vendor 11D4 DEV 198B (B not 8) i think here its problem with my sound card.

I hope you help me with this problem. THX

hi when i am at this point booted from dvd and entered the terminal

· Ok, now lets put the file “boot1h” in the beginning of the partition: In terminal, type:

cd /Volumes/PATCHER/i386 folder

Then type this:

sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsx bs=512 count=1 (replace X's with disk you wrote down above

** if you get error of no dd that is ok.. move on)

· Now, lets run the startup tool to embed the boot code:

cd /Volumes/PATCHER/files and then type this:

sudo startupfiletool -v /dev/rdiskXsx boot

· And last, lets give the pope’s blessing to the partition:

sudo bless -device /dev/diskXsx -setBoot –verbose

Reboot and take the DVD drive out. Upon reboot you'll see a blinkinb _ wait for a few seconds, then it should startup on it's own.

YOU'RE DONE!

to follow your infos i saw that 2 things dont work. there is no i386 on Patcher its only on /PATCHER/files/i386 so i tried it with the files/i386 version but then next problem.

when i use sudo it gives me the error of -bash: sudo: command not found

so i cant do those sudo command. any idea of waht i do wrong????

\thx mike

I can't get the install dvd to boot. Get a panic every time. I used sata port 1 for my dvd and sata 2 for my drive. Sata was in AHCI mode and J-Micron was diabled. I'm using the BrazilMac Patched DVD.

System:

P5k-Deluxe

Q6600

Please help.

panic.JPG

try ToH version.

I did everything right from installing to post-installation patch.

when darwin starts to boot leopard.. i get the "Power off" error--telling me to restart my computer.

could it be hardware specifics?

see below for my specs.

UPDATE: I have a Geforce 8800 GT, and thats what caused the power-error. Im guessing no drivers or whatsoever is not available yet. So i plugged in my good ol Geforce 7300, it worked. Got right into the setup screen. problem now is im stuck on the "Do you already own a Mac" screen of looping death. As of now, I am trying to solve this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
try ToH version.

I get the same error trying update from Tiger to leopard with de ToH Version, Hardware similar.

p5k deluxe, e6750, 2gb 800 mhz, sata Hd 250, sata DVD, Nvidea 7600 Diamond plus

Did you solve the problem ?

thank

I'm afraid I'm having a similar problem to a couple of you guys...can't boot from the Leopard install - possibly because there isn't a Master Boot Record?

I'm at the stage in the process where I've found that the HD is 'disk0s2', and need to start with this in terminal:

sudo cp /Volumes/PATCHER/files/i386/boot1h /usr/standalone/i386/

Since I'm stuck with booting from the DVD, sudo can't work (If I understand that correctly).

So now attempting a fresh install after wiping the HD - can't hurt to try again.

By the way, the setup in question:

-Gigabyte P35C-DS3R

-Intel Core 2 Duo 6750

-Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA II (and yes, I've got it in the purple SATA socket on the board, which seems to be SATA II)

-SATA DVD drive

-Nvidia GeForce 7600GT

-2GB RAM

If anyone has any ideas or just a shot in the dark, that'd be much appreciated!

And cheers for the guide :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have tried Unsuccessfully to upgrade my Kalyway Leopard from 10.5.3 to 10.5.6 Countless Times and has Always ended with a System Boot Freeze on StartUp but with the help of a Self Modified Version of LTL's Post Patcher and some Custom Kext Files for my Asus P5K-E Wifi AP Motherboard I was able to get it Done!

1.) Use Kalyway's Method to Upgrade to 10.5.3 if you are not using this Version already... (I used the Vanilla Kernel)

2.) Download and Install the 10.5.6 Combo Update from Apple (668Mb)... Do Not Reboot!!!

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...omboupdate.html

3.) Edit the Post-Patch.sh File Located in the v4.4 Folder with the Name of Your Leopard Install Hard Drive (Located at the Top of the Page) (Ex; Destination=yourharddrivename) Save and use the Following Command Lines to Run the Program from Terminal...

. Open Terminal

. TYPE or cut n past into Terminal: sudo -s

. enter your password

. TYPE or cut n paste into Terminal: /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/Leopard320 <==== (Rename

this to your Hard Drive Volume)

. TYPE or cut n paste into Terminal (change yourusernamehere to your username):

cd /users/yourusernamehere/desktop/v4.4

. TYPE or cut n paste into Terminal: ./post-patch.sh

. after it finishes TYPE: Exit and Press Enter.

. Reboot Your PC and Press F8 at the Darwin Prompt and Type: Update -v and Hit Enter.

Download My Modified PostPatch Prog Here: http://rapidshare.com/files/210680288/v4.4.zip.html

Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgnj21ygmnt/v4.4.zip

Congratulations you are now running Leopard 10.5.6!!! :unsure: