ATI HD2600XT on Leopard

Catevs

37 posts in this topic

OK there is a fix now for HD2600PRO users. The ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle needs the 9589 DevID. lastExile on irc.osx86.hu #RadeonHD has posted a fix on Rapidshare. With this and the Triakis install, I now have full QE/CI, DVD playback with VLC (DVD player is broken) with 512 meg Radeon HD2600PRO.

OK there is a fix now for HD2600PRO users. The ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle needs the 9589 DevID. lastExile on irc.osx86.hu #RadeonHD has posted a fix on Rapidshare. With this and the Triakis install, I now have full QE/CI, DVD playback with VLC (DVD player is broken) with 512 meg Radeon HD2600PRO.

good to hear that everything works for you!. :D

What kind of connector do U have on monitor? VGA or DVI?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I need your help!

My HD 2600XT is on its way (in transit). Then I read about this issue about the adapter. Is there a fix already about the adapter thing?

Anyway, I guess this is my question:

The HD2600XT that I bought doesn't have a VGA port. Its just two (2) DVI ports and 1 S-video port

The monitor that I'll be using is old and it uses a VGA. This means I have to use an adapter no matter what,

Like this:

video card dvi port >> DVI to VGA adapter >> VGA cable from my old monitor

Will this work? I don't quite understand the adapter explanation that was said in previous posts (which is my fault :D )

Here's the thing, I know people would just say "why don't you just test it and find out"?

Unfortunately, I can't do that. The company where I bought the vid card from doesn't allow returns/refunds of opened box items :(

I don't want to take the risk of opening the box just to find out that it will not work. Otherwise, I'll return it sealed, get a refund, buy a different working card.

I humbly seek for your advise.

Thank you in advanced.

EDIT:

This question was already answered by lastexile in IRC :D He said that this should work. Thanks dude!

Just a quick question to all the pro out there about hd2600xt

The prices for this card in NZ are around $200 depending on where you buy from but Apple sell this card for $250 would it not be more logical to spend that little bit extra (and in some cases less ) for a 100% compatible video card or will there be other issues using a apple supplied card ??

many thanks for your help and sorry if this is in the wrong place

• 5 weeks later...

For any that have HD2600XT on 10.5.2 I have found solution. First download Apple Graphic Update & latest Natit.kext form irc.osx86.hu #radeonhd. Repair permissions & reboot. That is that. Everything forks fine

2600XT still problems,....

iatkos -> 10.5.2 update 9.2 update, graphics update,

new natit update,

first DVI, black out problem ,...

garbled screen from screen saver,...

2nd dvi, no blackout,... but no qe/ce no quarz,...

plugged booth in, to boot / switch,

but still a problem, MSI 2600xt 512mb,

anybody got the 2600xt working of the DVI ports ? clean ?

WOW test, qe/qc quartz ?

• 3 weeks later...

Add my thanks to the list as well!!!

Just got this card last weekend, based on the HCL. Put it in my computer and ugly messed up screen. Research here and away, found this thread, followed you suggestions and downloaded the natit kext and all is swell. Both DVI ports work, QE/CI etc. Didn't try tv-out.

Looks super on my new 22" ws monitor which is why I got the card. Photoshop is what I do mostly with the computer and the widescreen makes it soooo much nice with the menus out of the way.

BTW, mine is HIS HD2600XT 512vram model. Limited access to exactly what you want here in Moscow, wanted the Sapphire or a 1900 card.

My only trouble is the the OpenGL score according to xbench is 100 or so points lower than it was with the 950 chipset on the MB. (Asus P5LD2-VM). Both Quartz and the User Interface numbers are much much higher than the on-board chipset. I don't play games, so really doesn't matter to me, but would be nice to have everything working correctly.

Any reason for this or is this card simply slower at this than the 950?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody :)

I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite P200

And a Radeon HD2600 and I have installed Kalyway Leo 10.5.1. The installation worked perfectly until I restarted the computer. Here it boots with the Mac logo and after I have exactly the same issue than Catevs when he posts it : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=488613

But I could say I am a "noob" with mac :P so I don't know where to begin.

Could you help me make my Mac working good ? Thanks :)

++ :)