Installing Leopard

roflcopterguy

111 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to Geiman's solution I finally got Leopard installed on a Dell Optiplex GX620. I've got to figure out the sound card issue next and my wireless USB adapter second. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Great site for a lot of helpful information. Glad I found it.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 - how did you get the Broadcom network adapter to work? I have tried multiple ways with no success.... please provide details!

I have got a problem when booting mac os x. It boots just fine when I have the dvd in but when I take out the dvd and restart my computer. It then loads bios screen and then all I get is a blinking underscore. mac os x doesn't boot up without the installation disk.I have read a ton of forums and have tried many methods but none seem to work.It acts like darwin boot loader isn't installed or something. Is there a file I need to edit?

I have run the postpatch and have done boot fix with no success. Is there a hardware issue? I have a hp pavillion dv6000 notebook.I am duel booting vista and leopard.But I am just trying to load leopard without the dvd.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same problem. Let me know if you find a fix. Til then I am going back to my Jas 10.4.8 release.

Hey All!

I know some people are having problems getting Leopard to boot after install, so I thought I'd put up what worked for me as I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. My install went fine, no snags at all. Then after I rebooted directly after the install, I booted right back into the DVD, and did the following;

1. Opened up the terminal, typed cd / to move to root, cd /usr/misc, then typed ./script.sh Leopard as described in other posts.

2. Opened up Disc Utility and unmounted my Leopard partition. The partition showed almost as if there was an error, as it said it was completely full, but I continued anyways and it worked fine.

3. Opened up terminal a second time and did the exact same thing as step 1. For some reason I had to do it both ways to get it to work, and this is after about 6 or 7 re-installs getting things to work.

After it was all said and done, I've got my Intel pro100/ve nic working, connexant sound works, netgear wg111v2 with realtek drivers working, for my complete Hackintosh. If I could only get my Intel 3945 working, but atleast I have some sort of wireless. If there are any questions feel free to ask!

Just my 2 cents-

Matt

I tried doing this but i have no /usr/misc directory. I tried running the script.sh but it says "/usr/misc/diskfind: No such file or directory"

Everything up to this point has gone fine, the install, updating .kexts ect. But I am getting the stupid black screen with blinking underscore which this bootfix is supposed to correct. Thanks for any help you can give :D

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in a Darwin Bootloader installer package (This one really works), reply to this post. It works on Kalyway, ToH, iATKOS, ... and supports x86 mbr, EFI mbr, and EFI guid partitions.

ccg

If anyone is interested in a Darwin Bootloader installer package (This one really works), reply to this post. It works on Kalyway, ToH, iATKOS, ... and supports x86 mbr, EFI mbr, and EFI guid partitions.

ccg

Yes, I am interested. (Even because the script posted above will not work without some other files from the DVD...). I've been looking for an installer all day (yesterday) without success. So, if you can help...

rickx

Yes, I am interested. (Even because the script posted above will not work without some other files from the DVD...). I've been looking for an installer all day (yesterday) without success. So, if you can help...

rickx

Hi rickx

I will be glad for you to my loader. However, I am making some changes to the code to make it more reliable. It shouldn't take more than 3-4 days.

ccg

Hi rickx

I will be glad for you to my loader. However, I am making some changes to the code to make it more reliable. It shouldn't take more than 3-4 days.

ccg

Hi rickx. Send an email to macgenius6@gmail.com and I will send you the bootloader package. All I ask is that you provide feedback on your success.

Regards,

ccg