Installing Leopard

roflcopterguy

111 posts in this topic

Ok I got Leopard up and running. Orginally was using Brazil Prepatched but no luck. Started fresh with Jas 10.4.8 installed Sound Kexts (sound worked in Tiger, lost it in Leopard), tried to modify Ethernet Yukon texts, didn't test them on Tiger, and used Mac.Nubs G8800 G80 installer.

Installed ToH Leopard over it, was able to boot into it still using the "-legacy -f" during Darwin. Working on getting ethernet and sound going.

carcio2003,not sure what to tell you about core duo issue, only that I have one similar. Only for me, I think I can install ok, it's just when I go and boot to actually use OS X that I get a problem. It starts up fine, no problem at all, then after it is finished installing, my system slows down, almost like it stutters, to the point where I cannot even move my mouse much at all. But, if I restart and disable one of my cores in the BIOS, it runs great, which is what I have to do now. I've had this problem ever since about 10.4.8, never been able to find an answer. If anyone knows of a solution or just why this happens, I would love to know.Thanks,GeimanI'm now able to have both core's enabled without stuttering if I use boot code idlehalt=0 at startup. You could try either this code or cpus=1 and see if they work for you. From what I can tell, no one really knows what to do for a solution, but that it either has something to do with your graphics, or possibly bios. What the problem seems to be is that OS X cannot initialize both core's properly, so one is essentially trying to sleep, causing kernel panics and stuttering. Some can sleep their computers and then wake up and things run fine. Hope this helps!Geiman

Want to thank you for the DVD! I installed it over tiger on a Emachines w3506 and it installed perfectlly! Everything works including my USB that never worked in tiger! Everyone having trouble booting after installing try installing over tiger! GREAT JOB and thanks again!leodesktopwx3.jpg

Michael

Geiman, thanks for reply, I reinstall the Leopard Toh dvd with idlehalt=0, and all ok but cpu are always solo core and no core duo.

Thanks

It is a core duo. Just open Activity Monitor and you will probably see that both cores are working.

Thanks to Geiman's solution I finally got Leopard installed on a Dell Optiplex GX620. I've got to figure out the sound card issue next and my wireless USB adapter second. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Great site for a lot of helpful information. Glad I found it.

I have a problem.. I boot from ToH-dvd.. Write /usr/misc/script.sh MacHD in terminal.. When script end all processes, I reboot PC.. And see Chain booting error..

I think that problem is:

Writing boot block to partition disk1s1:

dd: /dev/disk1s1: Resource busy

-----

problem solved

Motherboard: Intel D945GTP

Thanks to Gemain's tip I finally got mine to boot - but I still have to use the ToH DVD or I get stuck at the flashing cursor. I have to hit F8 and type rd=disk1s1.

I've got semthex 10.4.8 installed on one IDE drive, and I installed the ToH without any additional packages on another IDE drive. Both drives are connected to the SATA cables through "cheapo" IDE to SATA converters, I don't know if that's my problem. I've ordered another SATA drive and will try reinstall when it arrives. I will try to disconnect the Tiger drive to see if that makes a diff. but I doubt it. Just trying to eliminate possible culprits.

Also to boot back into Tiger I now have to put another Hackintosh tools disk (10.4.7) in the drive. Probably because of the other system being blessed.

I've tried various install methods and don't know what to conclude. One further detail is that at some point (a long time ago) I noticed that Startup Disk doesn't show any disks. Since I never had startup problems (well ok after a botched upgrade attempt) I just ignored it.

Another slight problem I've noticed and haven't had time to track down is some mouse tearing (I actually see 2 mouse cursors) when using Firefox.

Ok, hacking OS X or distributing it is illegal. If you have a certian ToH RC2 disk this is the guide for you. You may not find it on a site with two broken stones. Now on to how to.

This will only work on Intel SSE2/SSE3 processors

an AMD disk is in the works

Once you have the image on a DVD jsut install it. You can use the Disk Utility in your DVD to format your partition. I have heard success stories about upgrading from tiger but have not tryed it myself.

After installer is done you need to do this to get the bootloader to work.

1.) Boot into the install DVD

2.) Open Terminal from the disk

3.) Type where VOLNAME is the name of your partition (for example "Leopard")

PS anything pertaining to Error 35 is normal at any point while running OSx86

4.) Now reboot without the disk and you should have Leopard running

After installation, I beleive that you use the same tweaks to get your hardware working as in Tiger.

If you have questions or things I left out please post them here.

Thanks,

rofl

When doing /usr/misc/script.sh Leopard I get message saying No such file or directory. Help? Nevermind. just put the leopard in quotes and it worked.

After many hours I finally got the Edimax wireless USB adapter to work as well as the ADI 198xx Sound Card. Just intalled Beta of Office 2008 and no problems. So far so good, keeps fingers crossed.

Thanks to Geiman's solution I finally got Leopard installed on a Dell Optiplex GX620. I've got to figure out the sound card issue next and my wireless USB adapter second. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Great site for a lot of helpful information. Glad I found it.

Sorry for my easy english but i'm italian

I've a problem with leo installation with ToH RC2 version

My configuration is :

Notebook Acer TM 290

Intel Pentium M (BANIAS) 1.4ghz SSE2

512MB RAM

Ati Radeon 9700 Mobilty 64MB

When i boot from dvd to install leo, the dvd load the kext, but when it's load a TMSafetyNet.kext the noptebook the notebook.

Can you help me please

hi, I tried the mothed of leaving in the dvd, and typing rd=diskxsx , did work! BUT after the movie(showing welcome in all languages) and I come to the screen where it asks to transfer information(time machine, fire wire option etc) and I click next, it just shows the movie again, and back to square 1 I am, what is the problem?

thanks

I'm having the exact same issue on my Dell Inspiron 530 desktop (Intel Celeron M). Installation goes fine, get to initial setup and it loops just as henky described. Have tried running completely through the DVD check during install (no errors), and have tried checking disk consistency and repairing permissions in Disk Utility by booting from DVD. All to no avail. Anyone with any thoughts/suggestions? Perhaps there is a way to skip initial setup or enter setup information via command line rather than going through the GUI? Soooo close, yet so far away.

Hey:

-Does anybody know if GMA950 graphics is fully supported? Tiger 10.4.10 breaks support for it as I recall, I had to go back to 10.4.8/JaS.

-What about wireless and such? Any concrete confirmations? I'm gonna check the wiki

-e

Thanks ToH! It works! Tried to post here previously, but I don't think it worked. Think I clicked the wrong button; 2d try...

System: Spare PC, mostly an old vpr Matrix FT9150PE refitted into a modified old Compaq case (10+ years and still running...)

MB: Intel LAD845PEBT2V1 w/ on-board Intel Pro/100/VE LAN (8086), AD 1981B audio, USB 2, Firewire 400, Promise FastTrack PATA RAID controller

CPU: Intel P4, 3.06MHz w/HT, 512MB cache, 533MHz FSB (Northwood) (MMX, SSE, SSE2)

Memory: 2GB DDR 333MHz (Cenrton)

GPU: Mad Dog AGP nVidia GeForce 5200, 128MB (MB AGP slot limited to 4x)

HD: WD 120GB ATA/100 HD

Optial Drive: Pioneer DVR-105 Dvd-RW & Compaq CD-RW

other: vpr Matrix 1.44MB floppy drive, internal ATA 100MB Zip drive, vpr Matrix 300 watt PS

Monitor: Dell 2407WFP 24" HD LCD

external: Maxtor OneTouch 250GB USB/Firewire HD, HP PhotSmart 7760 inkjet ptinter (USB)

Works: everything! But, only video resolution option is 1024 X 768. Should be able to do native 1920 X 1200, but I do not have access to nVidia driver or Dell monitor settings. This is either a limitation to this RC-2 or I need to find a better nVidia driver and a way to get the OS to recognize the monitor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So far, no tweaking has been required to get the system to where it is at. I followed the instructions in the torrent including the post install "script.sh" procedure and it installed and loaded fine. This ToH OS runs slower on my system than XP, especially when multi-tasking. I experienced several system lock-ups and some boot hangs, but no permanent damage to the OS or PC. "F8" as Darwin boots and then "-v" at the prompt seems to help. This OS seems a little buggy, but then it is based on the RC-2. For folks like me who can't wait for a x86 from the final consumer release that runs on SSE2 only, this is the ticket.

Thanks to ToH and all the folks at Project x86 and the Insanely MAC Forum! Keep up the good work!

Thanks ToH!!!

Success using:

MB Foxconn 945PL7AC, with AC97 *ALC850, Hiss Ati X1600, 2 GB DDR2, 500 GB HDD, LG DVDRW *IDE

Install worked fine using Toh RC2; than used BrazilMac postinstal script, for AC97 used macgirl's driver, for X1600 used Natit-auto and modified ATIX1000 Kext with HW Id, onboard Lan (some realtek) worked out of the box.

The sollution of Gemain helped me out with my problem. The Darwin/x86 didn't show up, not even after the script. But with the sollution that Gemain offered I finally can boot the OS without any problems.

Now I only need to setup my Network which also give me some troubles. (Well, keep me off the street).

Was able to get to work on a HP NC8230 Laptop, had to do the script.sh trick and now it boots, some apps don't work and I can not play a DVD. Desktop resolution is at 1024X760 so I guess it does not have drivers for my ATI graphics card.

Wireless works good as does USB..