Installing Leopard

roflcopterguy

111 posts in this topic

I get the same as everyone else, a blinking cursor without the DVD in the drive. I hang about every other time I try to boot. Usually when trying to access the terminal. The last time when I selected English as my language choice. I hope someone comes up with a cure.

Addendum...

I found this on the forum and it works for me. The DVD has to be in the drive but it's a workaround until then. Thanks to whoever put this on the forum.

1.- You have to change the boot order so that hackintosh tries to boot from the DVD

2.- As soon as the DVD starts booting and says "please press a key to install......" hit F8 again to be able to enter options

3.- You have to specify the disk from which you want to boot (if you only have 1 disk and 1 partition enter: rd=disk0s1). You have to know the disk and Partition (rd=diskXsX) X Disk and X the Partition you want to boot

4.- Press enter to start boot from that disk

Running on Leopard now with my external harddisk. I got must of the stuff working (except internal display on the laptop same as in Tiger). Network works with the Tiger kext file. Good thing I didn't even need to reboot it. You just plant the new kext in and Leopard automaticly loads it. Pretty nice.

So untill now....not much problems except that I have to boot with -v all the time because if I don't I get a kernel panic. And ofcourse things like About this mac don't work yet but that's no problem.

However, it does run faster then Tiger here :)

edit: For your information...I just did a clean install on the external disk formatted before installing. After that I run the script to make it bootable. Installed NVinject for Leo and my old network kext from Tiger. I love Leopard so far! Everything is much faster!

Has anyone tried this on a Toshiba Satellite X205-S3959?

Here are the specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 @ 2.0ghz

2GB DDR 2

2x 160GB HD's

Realtek HD Audio

Intel Centrino Duo (for wireless, bluetooth, inbedded IR)

nVidia GeForce 8700 GT M (I know the new macbooks come with a 8600 GT M)

Toshiba HD-DVD ROM (DVD +/- R/RW)

17" WSXGA @ 1680x1050@32bit

Think Leopard will run on this?

:thumbsup_anim:

I have a Toshiba M30 which runs on an SSE2.

When I boot the disc it tell me to press enter or F8. I tried booting from both but but what happens is it loads the files, and when it loads, after a while it just automatically restarts my machine...

Anyone have any solutions to this?

I have a problems. If I start with F8 and run verbose-mode, Leopard runs fine! However...I always have to start in verbose mode or it will give me a kernel panic. Really wierd problem if you ask me. Any ideas?

hi, I tried the mothed of leaving in the dvd, and typing rd=diskxsx , did work! BUT after the movie(showing welcome in all languages) and I come to the screen where it asks to transfer information(time machine, fire wire option etc) and I click next, it just shows the movie again, and back to square 1 I am, what is the problem?

thanks

hi, I tried the mothed of leaving in the dvd, and typing rd=diskxsx , did work! BUT after the movie(showing welcome in all languages) and I come to the screen where it asks to transfer information(time machine, fire wire option etc) and I click next, it just shows the movie again, and back to square 1 I am, what is the problem?

thanks

No idea. You did run the disk check at the installer right? If not, then install again (on a fresh FORMATTED partition mind you...because lot's of kext files will fails elsewise), and finish that check! If you really did all this, then I don't know what the problem is. Play with the options.

I installed it succesfully on a Dell optiplex GX260 and one GX270, but kernel panics whenever I try to do something network related, ie. it boots, it runs, but trying to map a drive, join a domain, or run safari, results in a kernel panic after a few seconds. Both of them have an internal intel Gigabit NIC, so I'm guessing that this causes the panics. any idea ?

Hey All!

I know some people are having problems getting Leopard to boot after install, so I thought I'd put up what worked for me as I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. My install went fine, no snags at all. Then after I rebooted directly after the install, I booted right back into the DVD, and did the following;

1. Opened up the terminal, typed cd / to move to root, cd /usr/misc, then typed ./script.sh Leopard as described in other posts.

2. Opened up Disc Utility and unmounted my Leopard partition. The partition showed almost as if there was an error, as it said it was completely full, but I continued anyways and it worked fine.

3. Opened up terminal a second time and did the exact same thing as step 1. For some reason I had to do it both ways to get it to work, and this is after about 6 or 7 re-installs getting things to work.

After it was all said and done, I've got my Intel pro100/ve nic working, connexant sound works, netgear wg111v2 with realtek drivers working, for my complete Hackintosh. If I could only get my Intel 3945 working, but atleast I have some sort of wireless. If there are any questions feel free to ask!

Just my 2 cents-

Matt

With "-legacy -f" works Leo. But, what is -legacy -f ????

I also, had boot up problems similar to your pictured screen. Was able to boot into Leopard and see the movie using that "-legacy -f"

Now however, during the initial set up, Leopard seems to hang after choosing your Connection type.

Anyone able to provide some insight on the problems?

System:

Gigabyte 965P-S3

E4300 @ 3.0ghz

2Gig

SATADVD/HDD

I was able to successfully install 10.5 from ToH, and after I installed I ran the script to ry and fix the boot issue, and it said that it completed but I still cannot boot, I even tried to use VMware to boot it as well, but all I get is the blinking underscore.

My specs are in my sig.

I can't get it to show the bootloader so I can try "-legacy -f".

Any ideas?

Try following Geimans instructions further up on this page, it worked for me. After you do those you have to remove the DVD.

I can confirm, do as Geimans eplained, it worked for me too !

Damn it's great... got sound, LAN, QE/CI... everything but sleep :-)

Try following Geimans instructions further up on this page, it worked for me. After you do those you have to remove the DVD.

Ok, I got that to work, but now I am getting that "cannot find plist" issue, but I booted into the DVD and checked the disk and it says that it's set with MBR. I tried with the DVD in the drive, as well as removed.

Now what?