Anyone try Leopard on VMWare?

VoeN

66 posts in this topic

Hey There!

I'v tried to get Mac OS x86 Leopard working on VMware and I'm using Leopard patched with 9a581 GM by BrazilMac.

When i tryed using the .iso file, i failed trying to install.

They error i recive is " PXE-E53: No boot filename recive ", " Operating system not found ".

Anyone got any tips.

Is there a chance that the patch did not work?

Appreciate any help / suggestions.

Yours Thankfully,

SaiN ;)

I also tried on VMWare Workstation 6.0.2, but as soon as the Apple logo appeared I got a message from it saying that the CPU requested to reset or something similar. That's as far as I got using the same image as well: BrazilMac.

Hi i installed Leopard on my VMWare Workstation and when i strat the virtual machine i get the following error:

"Virtual Machine Kernel stack fault (hardware reset)"

Anyone can help me to solve this problem?

Thank you

Marco

No, VM ware is saying that the patched leopard burnt dvd in a physical drive is a 64 bit operation system and that it must be shut down and to change the VM ware settings to 64 bit, but then I cant even boot to 64 bit becaues it says it doesnt support my scsi / s-ata p-ata adapter for 64 or whatever. And Its impoosible to boot from the CD native, either with ACHI or IDE mode JMicron off and on, it still says Error loading loader.plist or whatever, it doesn't even say hit f8 for options or etc. Normally VMware always works 32 bit, boot physical CD in windows... but not anymore with leopard =(

I've been trying the BrazilMac Leopard iso in VMware, and it's been giving me the stack fault thing too right at the apple logo. I figured it was because BrazilMac was for intel, and I'm have an AMD processor. (I have an unpatched Leopard DMG, and I am wondering where I would go for help to patch that for AMD.)

use -legacy to force 32bit.

Still get a kernel stack fault though!

Using Brazil patch version with retail CD

wonder if it would work with the SSE2 patch?

I think you are on the right track; kernel stack error happens after kernel goes into 64 bit mode.

However, I don't think -legacy works with newer kernels.

Try turning intel virtualization off in your BIOS and see if that works.

Was able to get it to go through to the Kernel Stack Fault without the 32-bit error (or using -legacy) by selecting a 64 bit OS in VMWare Workstation 6...will try turning off virtualization and see if i can get any further.

I also tried to boot Leopard in vmware, it yells about

trying to run a 64 bit in 32 bit mode.

When I use a 64 bit program and try to run it I get

"Virtual Machine Kernel stack fault (hardware reset)"

In a virtual machine does the processor you are running

on top of matter, I have an AMD 5600 AM2 with sse3

ECS GeForce6100SM-M AM2 Motherboard,

Should a virtual machine not be indiffrent to what physical

processor your running on as long as it has the instruction sets?

Ill try and run with the -legacy and see what happens. What is the best

virtual machine to run it in a win64 or a freebsd64?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, here is the link to download the BrazilMac (i don't know why it has that name..)

[REMOVED]

I tried to install via vmware too, but get the same error (64 bit operating system). Let's hope someone smarter post here a tutorial or guide to VMware Leopard.

Greetings from Argentina (sorry for my english..)