iMovie 6 HD

plasm

18 posts in this topic

So I got iMovie HD 6 yesterday, I was very excited to have a unibin of iMovie, because that was one of my intentions for installing OSx86 in the first place. So the install goes well, I make a new project and then the trouble starts. I can import video, but I just can't click anything else!!! The volume slider won't move, I can't switch timeline views, I can't drag clips, or even play them. The different menus like themes and stuff don't do anything...All the menus are grayed out too!! And one wierd thing, if I click out of iMovie into another app like Safari, clicking on iMovie's window won't select it again. I have to go down to the Dock and click it to select it. It's a wierd situation, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows why?? My computer's specs are at the bottom. Thanks in advance!!

someone sent me a snapshot of the iMovie 06 theme menu. It said that "to be able to view the themes, you must have 10.4.4 installed". Is this true? If so, I'll have to put off buying the disk until 10.4.4 hardware is available. Who knows what else is crippled due to an OS version.

Edit: To the original poster, I have seen others work iMovie functionality on an SSE2 processor and I didn't see them have the problems you are describing.

Not true about the themes. Pianoman found a fix. Contact him for info in win2osx on irc.osx86project.org. It's pretty straightforward and easy, but it doesn't fix my problems. But it has fixed sportman's problems with themes and it will probably fix yours too :gathering:

EDIT: Oh yea, btw iPhoto works fine, and I hope Garageband does...It's almost done installing.

Edited by plasm

someone sent me a snapshot of the iMovie 06 theme menu. It said that "to be able to view the themes, you must have 10.4.4 installed". Is this true? If so, I'll have to put off buying the disk until 10.4.4 hardware is available. Who knows what else is crippled due to an OS version.

Edit: To the original poster, I have seen others work iMovie functionality on an SSE2 processor and I didn't see them have the problems you are describing.

Yes it's the horrible truth!

Not true about the themes. Pianoman found a fix. Contact him for info in win2osx on irc.osx86project.org. It's pretty straightforward and easy, but it doesn't fix my problems. But it has fixed sportman's problems with themes and it will probably fix yours too :D

EDIT: Oh yea, btw iPhoto works fine, and I hope Garageband does...It's almost done installing.

if you have a fix for the themes menue, could please post it.

would be great

Hi,

Someone on the 'other' forum discovered that the old trick of changing the version and build numbers OSX reports seems to fix iMovieHD.

Basically you need to edit /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist. Change it to report 10.4.4 and the build '8G1165' (the build number for the 10.4.4 shipped with the new iMacs)

Anyway, this apparently fixed iMovie, and might help with other problems for other apps. I think this is the most compatible we can be with the release intel 10.4.4 until someone cracks the real one.

Cheers

Edited by munky

domino: i dont know, but it certainly seems, from the example of iMovie 06, that unibin apps are checking the version they're running on, and failing (or misbehaving) if less than 10.4.4

if it doesnt fix anything, or it makes things worse, it can easily be changed back. i know i'll be setting it on my 8F1111G build tho, as i think it is more likely to help than hinder.

cheers

Thanks a lot for your responses guys, I tried what munkey said changing the build, but that didn't help at all...But I'm glad it works for others :pirate2: Garageband & iPhoto work extremely well, I don't know about iDVD though, I haven't installed it. I would go to the other forum, but it is down, and I hope it's not because of Apple........

iMovie is very processor intensive I created a slideshow from .jpg images and added audio and a few effects and transitions I could hear the cooling fan really whirring and the activity monitor hovered around 50% and that was only in playback

Edited by miranda363

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you all have QE and CI supported? I went through that trouble and ended up buying a support ATi X700 AGP 256MB video card to solve it. As soon as I was able to turn on Quartz Extreme and Core Image, iMovie came right to life. Hope that helps.

-AJ