Details for osx86 Leopard flat image (install mac os x 10.5 from windows

Chewy954

198 posts in this topic

Out on that "dark demon" site :D.

Has anyone gotten it to work on a single partition? Also if u didnt know there are the instructions

here's how to install osx 10.5 leopard 9a581 in your intel/amd sse3 machine without the use of a single DVD!

you need at least 20 GB free space on a ntfs partition and an entire disk to spare. it's all patched with the BrazilMAC patch.

1. grab the torrent.

2. extract leopard-x86.rar to the folder

3. open compmgmt.msc and select Disk Management

4. remember what disk (Disk 0, Disk 1 etc) you want to install to

5. remove any existing partitions on that disk by right clicking and selecting 'Delete Volume' and 'Delete Partition'

6. copy the .bat file for the selected disk to the folder

WARNING!! selecting the wrong file may result in a wiped disk!!

7. execute the .bat file and wait..

8. reboot into the created disk [by pressing Esc, F12 or whatever your mainbord wants] and boot into a fresh osX 10.5 install, you can now

select your login info, location and so on.

9. if you wanna dualboot from vista, download EasyBCD...

10. if you're having trouble to boot into os x ,press F8 when booting and type -v at the boot screen to see whats wrong and then consult some osx86 forum.

this install disk was bade by the help of the tutorial at

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...p;sk=t&sd=a

it's reported to work great on Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 and works ok on my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4

enjoy!

He said it rewrites the MBR so he doesn't know about installing it on a select partition, but its possible and someone can try, so have any of you tried? :rolleyes:

i managed to install it on a 2nd partition on my HDD, dual-booting it with Vista32.

compmgtoy1.png

diskpartvk8.png

on the image above:

- the 1st partition is NTFS with my Vista installation

- the 2nd partition is HFS+ with the extracted Leopard

- the 3rd partition is NTFS as Data Disk

however, note that the process afaik should be done on another OS installation. meaning, if you're going to dump the IMG contents on your hard disk, do it on another PC. when i tried extracting the IMG onto the same disk running my OS, it f*cked up my data partition... so be aware!

Posted by tarosic

//TEXT INSIDE SLASHES ARE COMMENTS AND SHOULD NOT BE INPUTTED//

OK, i see noone has followed the links or managed to figure out how MBR set up images translate to VBR...

1. Install EasyBCD.

2. Open it and go to the "Add/Remove Entries" button.

3. Go to the Mac tab, select "Generic x86 PC" in the menu and name it whatever you want. Click "Add Entry".

4 Get admin rights on a command prompt and enter the command:

5. DISKPART

//Windows Disk partitioning utility//

6. select disk x

//where x is the hard drive that you want to install OSX on//

7. create partition primary size=20480 id=af

//size is in MB, so 20480=20GB; id is the formatted file type, and af is the 2 digit hex code that represents the OSX file system//

8. dd if=leopard-x86-flat-img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition2 bs=32256 skip=1 --progress

//the first 32256 hex pairs are all encompassing the MBR, so your dd command, if writing to hd1 partition2 //

note that the actual flat image is not 12 GB, so you can probably probe around in it with a hex editor and only burn the necessary code portions, but i havent dug around enough to find out when the code stops, nor do i care to at the moment.

It works, and wont {censored} up your existing setup as long as you DO NOT MAKE THE OSX PARTITON "ACTIVE". Use the Vista bootloader, FFS, until you know for sure that the OSX partition is working properly.

Please i burn the rar file(2.5gb) or img file(16gb) ????

You dont burn anything!

Make sure your folder looks like the image below, and then open compmgmt.msc and check which drive number the disk is that you want to install leopard to.

Then open up the write leopard-x86-flat-img to [drive number here] folder and copy write leopard-x86-flat-img to [drive number here]

and paste it into the folder with the .img file. As you can see in the image, the separate hard drive I want to install leopard to is called disk1, so you will need to check and copy the correct one for your drive.

Then just execute the bat file you just copied and wait. Then when its done, just reboot and press F12 or whatever you do to boot into the leopard hard drive.

:)

post-30357-1194108666_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Ive written the flat image with dd to a spare 20gb primary partition and I'm trying to get EasyBCD to boot it after adding OSX as an entry but it fails as its trying to load a file:Bootloader Path: \NST\nst_mac.mbr

which doesnt exist. How do I create this file or where is it located?

so far the install process has been smooth so just hoping this final step can be completed! :)

thanks

Hi,

Ive written the flat image with dd to a spare 20gb primary partition and I'm trying to get EasyBCD to boot it after adding OSX as an entry but it fails as its trying to load a file:Bootloader Path: \NST\nst_mac.mbr

which doesnt exist. How do I create this file or where is it located?

so far the install process has been smooth so just hoping this final step can be completed! :)

thanks

I've tried that method..install to a partition and gave me nothing but headaches. Do you have a spare hard drive lying around? you could just install straight to that unpartitioned hard drive and then use your bios bootloader or something else to choose between the drives.

I get this error (see picture) :S any ideas?

43630394bp4.th.jpg

theres no such thing as partition0, partitions start with 1.

just to make sure, is this what i can do?

1. extract flat image and all other stuff to 30gb external drive

2. run the disk0 bat to install onto my hdd (vista on partition1, leopard for parition2 (crated using diskpart id=af thing))

3. use easybcd to boot into leopard partition

anything else i need to do?

@ Nexus,

Here is wat you do:

Extract the image to any drive execpt the one you are installing it on.

IMPORTANT: copy the bat files and DD files to system 32 dir

If you want to keep it simple copy the image also to the system 32 dir, other you have to adjust its location in the bat file.

Run the bat file as admin

those are the most importent steps I think :-s

I get this error (see picture) :S any ideas?

43630394bp4.th.jpg

Oh my...

Try running as admin. if that isn't possible, run cmd as admin, shell to F:\Torrents\Leopard (cd F:\Torrents\Leopard) and run the bat from inside cmd.

Don't worry, you don't need to copy to system32. That's for people who don't know how to use cd properly.

how do I delete that extension file without having a previous mac installation?!? I dont have a tiger install...

got that taken care of with macdrive software... now I have this issue upon boot it is similar to issues i have w/ the uphuck version as well.... this is lame.

1850322814_3845f9d327.jpg

successfully installed on a P5B deluxe + c2d E6600 / 3 giga of XMS / gpu : nvidia 7300gt / integrated network cards dont work / soundcard : lynx L22 (did not installed the drivers yet but they exist for mac, how to install a driver on leopard?)installed with a dvd burner nec 4571A and an old HD ibm desktar 20 giga DPTA-372050.bios of the mobo is the last one v1216.i dont see my others HD in ntfs, dont know how to do that i never used a mac OS.will a network card 3com 3x905CX-TMX work on leopard?cause an OS without internet...good job, easy to install, works fine but i didnt use it the all day, i tried it 1 hour. the difference with os x10.4 is that important ? cause i saw 10.4 on some apple friend machine, it looks almost the same.

to install it fast, unpack the leopard.rar in some folder, choose the HD where u want to install it let's say it's HD0, put DD.exe in the folder where u extracted the leopard image . lauch DD.exe then lauch hdo.bat and it will install on HD0.reboot on hd0 and it will maybe work if leo likes your hardware.

have fun.

i installed it. when i try to boot it gives me chain booting error. i have one HDD and 2 partitions. i used the guide for vista dual booting in thos topic. vista doesn't use boot.ini. by the way i used easy BCD to create the osx entry. i have the chain0 file from macbrazil dvd and i dont know what to do with it. any help is appriciated. thanks

Well, now i get this error instead (while running as admin)

12072849ej2.th.jpg

In Vista you cannot simply be logged in as an administrator, you have to run the application as administrator. Normally you can right could right click on the application and select "Run as administrator", but this will not work in this situation. You have to open the "command prompt" as administrator, then run the bat file from there ("\[full path to folder]\write leopard-x86-flat-img to disk[X].bat")