• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

EricJD

EricJD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I just got Leopard 9a581 GM installed and working on my Dell computer, but I can't get the ethernet connection to work. It's plugged in and everything, but Leopard tells me that the cord is unplugged. It works fine in XP and Tiger, but not in Leopard.

Maybe a kext issue?

Anyone have a possible solution?

bosebose

bosebose

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I am having same problem. It was working very first time but it won't work anymore after reboot. Reparing permission did not help. Please help.

marliwahoo

marliwahoo

Marliwahoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Same here. The IOnetworkingFamily.kext is the problem. If you can get a copy of of IOnetworkingFamily.kext 1.5.1 it may very well solve your problem.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
I had the same problem with my system. The way I fixed it was to take the yukon.kext from the earlier ionetworkingfamily.kext and to insert this into the new ionetworking kext. The reason I did not simply just use the entire older ionetworking was that apparently the new ionetworking is required for Time Machine to operate properly.

bosebose

bosebose

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
errandwolfe: Is there anyway you can post your working "new ionetworking kext"? I have no idea how to take & insert *.kext...

marliwahoo

marliwahoo

Marliwahoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

I had the same problem with my system. The way I fixed it was to take the yukon.kext from the earlier ionetworkingfamily.kext and to insert this into the new ionetworking kext. The reason I did not simply just use the entire older ionetworking was that apparently the new ionetworking is required for Time Machine to operate properly.

Good idea. I'll try that !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy