• 172 posts
wow sleep works now :) ;) :D :D

nicko_029

nicko_029

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I have one question. I'm running Leopard 10.5.1 with EFI and Vanilla kernel.
This partiton (let's call it 'A') where Leo is now, is too small for me. I need to move (or copy) Leopard to the another HFS+ partiton (let's call it 'B') which is larger.

So, what's the best way to do it? The Partiton A is 15gb large, and the partiton B is 50gb large.

G5rocks

G5rocks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
no idea... but i have also a question: Disk Monitor shows a "320KB config disk" which can't be read - i guess this is from partitioning with windows. Is this "config disk" in any way important? Or can it be deleted/initialised so that i get rid of the annoying message after OS X finished booting?

shoarthing

shoarthing

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

no idea... but i have also a question: Disk Monitor shows a "320KB config disk" which can't be read - i guess this is from partitioning with windows. Is this "config disk" in any way important? Or can it be deleted/initialised so that i get rid of the annoying message after OS X finished booting?

. . do you have an HDD attached to the EZ-Backup ports?

[edit] . . . sleep? Really? What are your BIOS-settings? . . S3 forced? Auto?

G5rocks

G5rocks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
no hd to the EZ Backup - i saw this little space on the partition in coronis partition maker when i cretaed partitions and was wondering about it - didn't found out how to get rid of it. but now on the mac it's shown as a real HD

yes sleep works perfect now - i will make pictures of all bios settings... brb

G5rocks

G5rocks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
ok - all my settings in bios (version 2302) - who knows maybe some little setting is important for sleep that noone would think of before.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nadeem

Nadeem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
can anyone post the vanilla 10.5.1 kernel with dsmos.kext ?

nicko_029

nicko_029

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
http://www.speedysha.../871489995.html

G5rocks

G5rocks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
found one bug with the sleep: after wakeup my primary IDE drive (my tiger partition) shows bad smart status - this will be shown even after reboot in bios but not after a shutdown again... maybe a bios bug?

hardwire

hardwire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can get my machine to sleep and wake up under 10.5.1 vanilla with EFI, but when it wakes up, I only get one display back, the video is blue, and the mouse, while it recognizes clicks, won't move. I've duplicated the BIOS settings that were posted and I'm running 2403. Any ideas?

G5rocks

G5rocks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
i have no 2nd display - no idea - everything works fine except this SMART problem with one IDE HD

hardwire

hardwire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Turns out the problem is having 2 displays. I think Natit doesn't support waking from sleep with 2 displays yet.

Nadeem

Nadeem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

http://www.speedysha.../871489995.html

thanks but , are you sure this vanilla kernel is the one from 10.5.1 ??

Edit : thats not the 10.5.1 kernel .. can anyone post it please ?

thefinalprophecy

thefinalprophecy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
After countless hours of trying, I found out exactly what it was I needed. Thanks to KoolKal on the OSX86scene forums:

works for p5w dh deluxe!!! you must simply tweak your bios setting!! execute disable fonction on enable ! Max cpuid on enable ! hpet enable! memory remap feature on enable! microcode updation on enable! acpi 2 support on yes ! acpi apic support on enablr!

voila! it' should work now!! with vanilla kernel!!

VenimK

VenimK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
How do i safely apply those real vanilla 'kexts without screwing up my system ????

shoarthing

shoarthing

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

After countless hours of trying, I found out exactly what it was I needed. Thanks to KoolKal on the OSX86scene forums:

Actually you don't have to enable ACPI which is important if you are dual booting with XP (XP doesn't support ACPI, only Vista) but other than that, use the latest BIOS and you should be good to go!

. . this is seriously duff info.

XP Home/Pro is specifically designed to work best on ACPI platforms, & will install by default as an ACPI Uniprocessor PC . . . & XP Pro will install by default as an ACPI Multiprocessor PC (different XP kernel) if you have 2 or more cores/CPUs.

Because XP was designed to work with all sorts of elderly widgets, it is *possible* to install XP without ACPI [hit F5 at start on XP install, choose 'standard PC'] but this is a much less desirable HAL & the OS performs (even) worse.

For a modern [multicore] PC your only HAL choice other than ACPI is "MPS Multiprocessor PC" - which is wildly undesirable, having vary basic/no powersaving & tiresome interrupt configuration issues.

APIC = another level of h/w PIC specifically designed for SMP (multiprocessor) boxes - it is an extension to ACPI & gives more hardware interrupts to play with. This hardware should always be enabled unless you have a very buggy implementation of it.

ACPI rev 2 [backwards compatible to Rev 1] gives various goodies esp to do with memory configuration - you need this feature to enable memory remapping, & at a more exciting level need it to construct an SRAT if you are/were lucky enough to have a motherboard supporting NUMA [Non-Uniform Memory Allocation] - I remember this as a feature of SMP Opteron boxes giving them 11GB/s plus at a time when Xeon boxes were lucky to have 25% of this sort of memory bandwidth.

thefinalprophecy

thefinalprophecy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Sorry, I got ACPI and APIC confused with ACHI <--- which isn't compatible with XP unless you happen to install while in this mode... which I didn't and is thus incompatible.

AaronR

AaronR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Anyone tried the esata port? It doesn't seem to be 'plug-n-play' like USB port. It will recognize my external drive only when I plug it in before power on.

2LMan

2LMan

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Are there any precautionary steps to take when upgrading to 10.5.1? Any kexts I should backup? My specs are in my sig. Thanks!

Also, I'm running the flat-image of leopard atm (not sure what install). Is it possible for me to just upgrade my current system? I have EFI installed and I'm running the ToH Speedstep kernel. What steps must I take to run the Vanilla kernel? Thanks again!!

thefinalprophecy

thefinalprophecy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Well you should probably try the Vanilla kernel on your current setup since you're running ToH. One thing you can do to test it is name it "mach_kernel.vanilla" instead of mach_kernel. Boot with F8, and where you would normally put "-v" put "mach_kernel.vanilla -v" so it preserves your working kernel. Don't forget to chmod 644 and chown root:wheel the file though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy