Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Upadte to 10.5.5 for my P5W-DH: I have a problem with the graphics kext I thinck.. I installed the AppleCombo10.5.5, removed famous AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, and replaced graphics kext but the system does not boot after the grey screen (give me an half black/ half wallpaper screen..)..

@HawgGuy: How to add the good strings in the com.apple.Boot.plist ? with OSx86Tools I can do that, insn't it??

I have an ATI x1950Pro 256Mo..

I tinck all others kext will work... I hope.. :(

Another experiences with this hardware??

my safe mode screen

screen10.5.5.tiff

kext replaced

kext_replaced.tiff

[EDIT] :) Yop! Everythings is allright! just replace with the good graphic kext, found HERE. the old ones from 10.5.2 native install do not work... :D

I just upgraded to 10.5.5 (Mysticus(sp?) update method, despite selecting the option to leave the LAN drivers, LAN is dead (down/down on the router interface). Can anyone tell me which kexts I should replace (I have a backup from 10.5.2) and/or which files I should replace?

I'm using the default ports on the ASUS board.

Thanks in advance

Just did the 10.5.5 update on my machine, following the advice in this thread.

Had to re-edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext file afterwards with my device ID etc. but apart from that (so far!) things are running well.

Still want to get the bloody wireless working though.

Wireless works fine, just use the latest drivers from Realtek.

Hei guys! I'm a new "forum english member" (i'm italian) but i need your help.

Some days ago i tried to install Leopard with the retail disc and generic.iso (the one posted by macita). Ok at fisrt no problem, after install and update to 10.5.5 i use the kext included in the chameleon's pkg and it works like a charm (I also use EFI studio to make my 8800GT work).

But after some trouble I had to reinstall Leo but this time there were some problems: after install and update (with my old 7600GT because with nvkush i couldn't use my 8800GT) i put my 8800GT and nothings happens, i mean, kernel panic!

So i "booted" from CD and everythings work exept qe/ci. I thought: it is the nvkush. So i deleted it from the extra folder but when i reboot there was the same problem: i can't enter in osx (even if the first time succeded in making my 8800GT work).I can enter only with -x or booting from cd...and it means no qe/ci because of nvkush.

i wish i explained well my problem.

sorry for my bad english and please help me...I don't know what to do...

Hi to all... I need help:

I've the p5w dh deluxe with bios 2704, 8600 GT 512, Leo Retail DL, I've read all the readable on this thread, the one about 132 boot & problems, triple checked the bios configuration from page 6 and post #409 (thanks so much, MacIta) of this thread, but I still can't be able to begin the installation (using the first boot disc of #409).

On my machine I have a full functional Kaly 10.5.2 Vanilla installation (i try to install on another HD).

Boot the first boot CD, then the retail leo DVD starts, load quite a lot of things, but it stops before arriving in the leo galaxy for leo installation; doing a -v installation i can see some errors (with other stuff among these lines):

in yellow
"failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS"

failed to count the number of files in "/system/library/startupitems" : no such file or directory

warning: sandbox_init error cannot apply named profile 'mDNSResponder' : no such file or directory

some
mDNSResponder mach communication failed (ipc/send) invalid destination port

localhost kextd[47]: root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel link data generation

It stops a few lines after something about applehda and address of the Yukon ethernet (the ones specified by digicide on post #453), without teletransporting me on the violet galaxy...

I don't know what else to try... :(

@peach-os: do you have a leo retail installation with the macita boot discs on an hardware raid (stripe) on EZ Backup (orange) ports?

Ok after some trouble i succeded in getting Qe/Ci work...but...Time machine doesn't eheh.

The backup failed every time and i don't want to reinstall everythings because I make some mistake in installing kext..so what can i do??

Hardware:

P5W

8800GT

2gb ram

2 hd

Q6600..

thanks a lot

yes - retail, but did it a long time ago from within another leo install. good guide for this method by karaakeha is here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404

YAY! PEACH :moil:

I dont updated yet to 10.5.5 on my asus (DAE DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS WONT LOVE IT)

About the raid do u know if is supported by efi-x?

I saw some ppl that using efi-x with asus p5w sh but they cant use all the sata ports.... max 3 up 4! plug 4 up 4 and u cannot use sata!

funny sh*t!

Ok after some trouble i succeded in getting Qe/Ci work...but...Time machine doesn't eheh.

The backup failed every time and i don't want to reinstall everythings because I make some mistake in installing kext..so what can i do??

Check here. It has the modded IONetworkingFamily.kext that should allow time machine to work. I am not using it though and my time machine works fine.