Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

On some boards sleep works only with apple one

Nope, same problem, tried it with another keyboard, but the problem remains.

Tried it even with a new motherboard (Gigabyte A-EP35-DS4 ) but still has problems when it wakes up.

Could my graphic card be the problem? (Geforce 7900 GS)

Is there somebody use Boot-132 as USB Stick succesfully?

If so, please share Boot-132 Image for USB Stick.

I already use Boot-132 image by USB stick, I failed booting.

Regards,

Guest badaxe

Anybody tried the jas 10.5.4 server on asus p5w ? Im currently running kalyway with vanilla with 10.5.4 update. What settings do i need to choose in the installer to get jas's disk to work, i need the server functions. post-185955-1218434595_thumb.jpg

how can i get both cores working?

Darwin trickstar 9.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.4.0: Mon Jun 9 19:30:53 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.20~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 3.24 GHz

Number Of Processors: 0

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.44 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08

TIA

:P

well I finaly after a year of trying succesfoly upgraded from 10.4.9 to 10.5.2.

only when Leo all ver. 3 came out i was abel to install... it seems that ATA dvd drive just would not work on previus versions and i tryed them all. also the new way via the usb drive and orginal dvd just woul not work because of the ata drive. only installation that workt well was the flat image for me.

Second i had real problems with my Ati x1900 XTX 512 MB onder leo there are no good drivers for the card

tryed them all and it was always some thing bugging. under tiger is was working like a charm.

any way I have a used ati 3870 now. problems solved.

well oke not quite going to try getting the sleep mode to work.

wish me luck :P

:D

well I finaly after a year of trying succesfoly upgraded from 10.4.9 to 10.5.2.

only when Leo all ver. 3 came out i was abel to install... it seems that ATA dvd drive just would not work on previus versions and i tryed them all. also the new way via the usb drive and orginal dvd just woul not work because of the ata drive. only installation that workt well was the flat image for me.

Second i had real problems with my Ati x1900 XTX 512 MB onder leo there are no good drivers for the card

tryed them all and it was always some thing bugging. under tiger is was working like a charm.

any way I have a used ati 3870 now. problems solved.

well oke not quite going to try getting the sleep mode to work.

wish me luck :P

Turn off USB Legacy Support and that should help.

NOW For my issue:

Ok I had to kill off my bios and reset everything. Ever since then I can no longer hot swap on the ICH7R controller. I have 3 bays and this worked fine for months, now it doesn't. Anyone have an idea why? Please help!

i've been getting ready to try the install guide on post 409 but have a couple questions before i risk not having a working system for hours/days

i would like to dual boot leopard and windows xp, but the partitions are on the same HD. is this possible with this guide? does MBR or GUID matter?

and just to make sure i'm clear on all this:

1. configure the bios settings (disable MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT)

2. boot with this disc: http://www.mediafire.com/?gmwgcwrvjgg

3. insert leopard retail and proceed to install. update to 10.5.4 after install

4. reboot

5. configure the bios: Enable MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT

6. boot with this disc: http://www.mediafire.com/?6j9wcsxszlz

7. reinstall video/audio

7. install Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.pkg

8. reboot?

is that correct?

thanks in advance!

can someone please help me get internet working on the yukon ports.

i get this on start up.

----------------

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - AllocIOInterruptHandler - Failed to allocate MSI interrupt

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - AllocIOInterruptHandler - Failed to allocate MSI interrupt

----------------

i tried using this, and still my network ports don't show up on network preferences. can only see the wifi.

http://mckill.ca/p5w-dh_sound_net_leopard.zip

TIA

can someone please help me get internet working on the yukon ports.

i get this on start up.

----------------

----------------

i tried using this, and still my network ports don't show up on network preferences. can only see the wifi.

http://mckill.ca/p5w-dh_sound_net_leopard.zip

TIA

Don't install the kexts for the WiFi and the LAN ports should work. This happened to me when I clicked the option for the WiFi in the Kalyway 10.5.1 release. I believe there are more up-to-date WiFi drivers out there that actually work, but if you're just going to use the LAN ports anyway then don't even bother.

I really hate to beg and my history here shows that. I am very very desperate though...

Ok I had to kill off my bios and reset everything. Ever since then I can no longer hot swap on the ICH7R controller. I have 3 bays and this worked fine for months, now it doesn't. Anyone have an idea why? Please help!

This mess up could cost me dearly ;\

:angel: got my sleep mode working

ty G5rocks your A :)

on page 6 there are screenshots of the bios settings

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...8453&st=100

i installed the system clean with minimal settings

leo for all v3

only selected

valia kernel 9.2.2

ati 3870

and intel ichx support

thats it

Im using

asus p5w deluxe

10.5.2 leo all ver.3

Q6600

ati 3870

sleep mode works well tested it multiple times

now that i got a good working system im never going to update again :D

only my main drive looks like a removable drive . but who care's i got a 99,99% working hack:)

What do you mean hot swap? Like connect and disconnect your internal drives while your system is running?

Yes. ICH7 Controller is fully capable of it, and it works in windows ok. I am in AHCI mode, and it use to work just fine. I have Special 5.25" bays for hot swapping but now for some reason in OSX it stopped working after I reset the bios. So I need some help badly ;\

read my specs :)

Hi all,

I've been reading much of these issues for long ago, but i can't make it dual boot which is;

I have 2 sata discs with raid0 Vista installed in ICH10R on Bios.

1st method I tried;

1a)

I created 2 Raid volumes with Ctrl+I method in Bios. One is for 200Gb (then i made two 100Gb. partitions while installing Vista). I installed Vista first on 100Gb. and other one is for my backups.

1b)

The last 98Gb for Leopard.

I installed Vista was ok. Leopard installed too, than no boot at all.

2nd method I tried;

I did same thing which I followed on 1a above but left rest as it was.

And tried to make Raid0 with these left alone space (which is 49gb from disc1 and 49bg from disc2) in Disk Utility in Leopard.=No way... because Leo see my two HDD with their all 160gb space. (It doesn't recognize IH10R Raid arrays.

3rd method I tried;

Same as 2nd method instead I tried to instal Leopard without raid (which i used 49gb from the disc1)=No way...

Make this thing short;

I want to install Vista on Raid0. And want to install Leopard with dual boot. It will be perfect too, if Leopard could install with any Raid version. But its not so important if can't, because Leopard works fast enough on my pc without Raid.

So how to make dual boot with Vista and Leopard together in two 160Gb HDD (Vista should be on Raid0)?

Thanks in Advance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Asus P5Q3, Intel E8500CPU(1333Mhz. Bus), OCZ-2x1Gb.(1600Mhz.Bus), Ati Radeon HD4850, 2xSamsung Sprigpoint 160Gb, 1xSeagate Barracuda 320Gb.(for Data Storage), ZALMAN 160XT Plus Case with 7"touchscreen, Philips 22" Lcd,

Hi

I've just bought a P5W DH Deluxe and updated the bios to 2810.

When I try to install Kalyway 10.5.2 I get the "install Failed, basesystem" error.

I have tried both MBR and GUID.

What else should I consider to get this install working?

Thanks

Well what drives are you using?

Sata Did you set your sata drive's to ICH mode?

is your using ATA drives toss that dvd in the bin get your self Leo4all v3

Did you check the settings for your bios system? page 6 of this thread.

good luck

Can noone help me?

well only think i can think off did you set your controllers back to AHCI mode?

did you turn of the raid option? ich7r mode is no good. i dont know what sata poorts you are using. remember to do it to your jmicron controller to. and turn off your raid settings on your backup port.

2 next time dont update/reset unless its broken :(. you do know you can save your setup?

Well what drives are you using?

Sata Did you set your sata drive's to ICH mode?

is your using ATA drives toss that dvd in the bin get your self Leo4all v3

Did you check the settings for your bios system? page 6 of this thread.

good luck

Thanks for your suggestions. After abit of trial and error I found that it would install if

there was only 2gig of RAM present instead of 4. Is this a common problem?

The funny thing is, when I put the extra 2gig back in the machine boots up fine

and reads there is 4gig in OSX.

Now I need to get the graphics card working properly.

What is ICH mode? Where is it in the BIOS and whats its function?

Thanks.

BadAxe (or anyone else),

Were you ever successful in getting JAS 10.5.4 Client/Server to install on the P5W DH MB? I'd be curious what options were selected for the perfect install. Spent a few hours on this already, haven't gotten it to work. If you select too many options, the installer fails immediately (I would assume some of the options available for install in JAS's release are not actually on the CD and thus if you select to install something not on the CD, the installer fails). I finally got it to install picking less options, but it locks up after reboot when the video comes up. I just get a spinning globe. I think I have a duplicate driver checked which might be preventing it from coming up fully. The major issue I think is knowing exactly which options are needed to get this board to work and if you install too many options or kext's, you are going to have drivers which may not be compatible with one another.

Guest badaxe

yes, got a perfect install, dont install any kernel (this means that vanilla kernel will be installed) , only install sound and ichx chipset driver. works like a dream. make sure you got your bios set up as metioned in this thread previously. I tried osx server and it worked fine to but it was a little to complicated for me as i couldnt figure out how to share internet connection over wifi, my wifi is a pci card that shows up as airport, i dont use the built in wifi on the asus board as the driver is terrible. so i did install as above and left out the server pakages.

Thanks for your suggestions. After abit of trial and error I found that it would install if

there was only 2gig of RAM present instead of 4. Is this a common problem?

The funny thing is, when I put the extra 2gig back in the machine boots up fine

and reads there is 4gig in OSX.

Now I need to get the graphics card working properly.

What is ICH mode? Where is it in the BIOS and whats its function?

Thanks.

Yes this is a bios setting as well you nead to set the memory controler to 64 Bit or your 4 GB will not work

it could even crash the system. go to the bios and set memory remap enabled. do to limitatios of 32 bit only a max off 3 GB can be seen.

64 bit does not have that problem.

on page 6 of this threat http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...8453&st=100 you see the bios pages.

in page one there is ide config. select it and set to ich mode. WATCH OUT!<--- isn't compatible with XP unless you happen to install while in this mode...