Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

MAYBE I MISS ONE STEP FOR THE INSTALL!

OK SO FOR BOOT AND INSTALL LEO FOR THE FIRST TIME! (once that u install leopard you can set back to enable)

ON CPU CONFIGURATION:

put:

Max CPUID Value Limit: [DISABLED]

then set back to enable once you have reinstalled LEOPARD!

pls send me feedback if it wrks!

i dont remember if also the Speedstep must be disabled...so try the Max CPUID first :censored2:

This didn't work for me...

Gets farther but still errors--

The last thing I see in verbose mode is

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

AppleHDAController::start ERROR no layout-id found.

NTFS driver 2.0 [Flags: R/O].

AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property.

yukon: Ethernet address 00:18:f3:53:48:d0

It's getting better, thanks a lot for helping me!

Gets farther but still errors--

The last thing I see in verbose mode is

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

AppleHDAController::start ERROR no layout-id found.

NTFS driver 2.0 [Flags: R/O].

AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property.

yukon: Ethernet address 00:18:f3:53:48:d0

It's getting better, thanks a lot for helping me!

Does it boot ok with a vanilla install? I'd try to isolate the modifications and see if you could figure out what might be getting in your way.

This is so frustrating, I bought this board only because I've heard how Mac compatible it is, now I can't get it to work.

All I can think is that my video card is preventing booting-- I have an EVGA e-GeForce 8600 GT with 512MB. I sent an RMA request to Newegg so I can return it. Is this likely to be my problem? Can anyone recommend the best video card for our setup (and yes I've searched. a lot.)

Hi everybody

I am new on this thread

I have done a vanilla install of Leopard 10.4.5 on P5W DH Deluxe (bios 2704) with terminal from Apple retail DVD plus 10.5.4 combo update

I 've used hex string in com.apple.Boot.plist for Ethernet & Audio only

here are the modifications in Extention folder (don't use wifi at present)

Removed original

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

AppleHDA.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext (facultative but to get rid of orange hdd icon)

Added

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext (you can mod to get correct ram speed and so on ..)

dsmos.kext

AppleHDA.kext

Natit.kext (for my ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT)

IOAHCIFamily.kext

Everything working perfect Wake Sleep Shutdown Reboot ...

EDIT: But i have a problem at boot regardless of Leopard ; hang at initializing USB Controllers... if i plug more than one device on usb ports

resolved : it was the usb hub of apple Cinema Display

Thank you

That USB problem seems to be something that loads of P5W owners have. I have it too, it's been a problem ever since the start as I recall, doesn't seem like it'll ever be fixed!

Anyway guys, I'm pretty clueless with this - can somebody please give me a hand with installing iAtkos v4 onto my P5W?

I just need to know which of the settings to check, I'm really not sure at all.

My GFX card is supported out the box, my HDDs are both SATA, and I'm using the onboard wifi and sound. I have my BIOS all set up, but could you let me know what settings in the actual iAtkos install need please?

I plan on installing OSX to a separate SATA HD and just swapping between OSX and Vista by the F8 boot selection menu.

Thank you!

EDIT:

actually it's easier if I list the options I'm not sure about:

should I check:

Darwin Bootloader?

Stock Files

- Apple ACPIPlatform.kext

- Kernel 9.4.0

Additional patches

- Darwin x86 for MBR (non-EFI)

- Kernel 9.2.0 ToH

SMBIOS Drivers

- AppleSMBIOS netkas

- AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. iMac

- AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. MacBook

- Remove Thermal kexts

System

- ext2fs

- NTFS-3G

Like I say, I know whether to check most of the options or not, it's just some of them I'm not sure about.

I'm planning to install to a separate HDD on my P5W-DH.

Thanks!

im fully functional, the only thing i want to know now is how to get it to bypass the prompt all together and not have to type 80 at all, because my apple bluetooth keyboard is not recognized until os x starts to load.

22/07/2008

time to update this tread with all you need and make clear some things

ISO FOR USE TO INSTALL THE RETAIL LEOPARD DVD 10.5 + UPDATE YOUR LEO to 10.5.4 from internet using the apple software update tool without any problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gmwgcwrvjgg

PAY ATTENTION MAYBE YOU MUST PUT IN YOUR BIOS UNDER CPU CONFIGURATION THE MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT to [DISABLED] and then ENABLE it after the successfull Leopard install (under verify)

ISOS TO USE AS BOOTLOADER 132 AFTER THE 10.5.4 UPDATE:

07/12/2008:

Added HDAenabler (thnx to Kabyl), IOAHCIfamily, IOnetworkingfamily, Chun-nan PS2/USB kexts for mause and keyboard, JMicronATA and more...

http://rapidshare.com/files/129023748/BURNME.iso.html

22/07/2008

Another version with the SMBIOSResolver.kext (SDRAM memory bug but wrks fine in all) THNX to SUPERHAI (www.superhai.com), it works with original applesmbios FROM 10.5.2 and up

http://www.mediafire.com/?6j9wcsxszlz

With those isos you can install the retail leopard, run it and keep your extensions folder like the original macs computers, thnx to GALAXY for his work "the ramdisk is dammn fast", thnx to the others for this fantastic bootloader ( def, kabyl, zef, bumby and all the chameleon gang!)

After the first update for e.g. from 10.5 to 10.5.4 (YES NOW U CAN!!) simply reboot and use the other iso.

After the 10.5.x update you will lost the QE on video card... reinstall it, be carefull to delete the old drivers before reintall, reinstall repair permission.

AUdio package installer for asus p5w dh deluxe : http://rapidshare.com/files/128111193/AUDIO.mpkg.zip.html

BIOS SETUP ver.2704

IN MAIN MENU:

-IDE in AHCI mode, ALPE and ASP Disabled

MENU ADVANCED, CPU CONFIGURATION

-MODIFY RATIO SUPPORT [DISABLED]

-MICROCODE UPDATION [ENABLED]

-MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT [ENABLED]

-EXECUTE DISABLED FUNCTION [ENABLED]

-ENHANCED C1 CONTROL [AUTO]

-VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLY [ENABLED]

-INTEL SPEEDSTEP TECHNOLOGY [DISABLED]

MENU ADVANCED, CHIPSET MENU

-MEMORY REMAP FUTURE [ENABLED]

MENU POWER-SUSPEND MODE [s3 ONLY]

-RESPOST VIDEO ON S3 RESUME [YES]

-ACPI 2.0 SUPPORT [YES]

-ACPI APIC SUPPORT [YES]

MENU POWER, APM CONFIGURATION

Set the ps2 keyboard to awake from sleep with your pref button like space bar, CTRL esc etc... make your choice i used SPACE BAR

-Power on by ps2 mouse [ENABLED]

22/07/2008 BOOT FROM HARD DISK!!

ONLY AFTER THE RETAIL INSTALL USING THE FIRST CD BOOTLOADER....

FROM KALYWAY:

Download link : Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.zip --->http://tinyurl.com/6je4eh

1 - Copy the contents of your "Extra" folder to "Extra Contents" directory link !!!

2- then run Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.pkg and install it to your hard disk !!!

your are done ! now no need to use dfe 132 cd to boot your hd !!

enjoy!!

by kalyway !

COPY FROM THE CDBOOT ONLY THE MKEXT FILE ON THE INITRD:IMG (mount it)

IT WORKS FINE

About the kexts, SMBIOSresolver has a bug, for a moment not show the right memory setup, Superhai will make the nfo.plist editable for put it the correct value.

This is so frustrating, I bought this board only because I've heard how Mac compatible it is, now I can't get it to work.

All I can think is that my video card is preventing booting-- I have an EVGA e-GeForce 8600 GT with 512MB. I sent an RMA request to Newegg so I can return it. Is this likely to be my problem? Can anyone recommend the best video card for our setup (and yes I've searched. a lot.)

Naw, that's not it. The 8600 GT works fine with this board. I have an 8800GT with 512 mb...the best thing to do is to dig into all the info you can find on using EFI strings and altering your com.apple.boot.plist file so that it appears with all the native modes you need and ditch the injectors. Once I did that, my graphics have been rock solid AND survives all software updates through Apple.

Don't get too frustrated, we've all been there. I swear I ended up installing OSX more than 100 times before I discovered the correct procedure for my rig. Yes I have the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe too and it does work. One thing I wished we could do with this thread is change the first post in it to reflect the correct BIOS settings for this board which would save a lot of folks some headaches.

Once you gain the knowledge, it's well worth it. I have an almost 100% vanilla install but I dumped all the "speciality" installs and went the retail route. The thread that worked best for me was this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=86167

Good Luck!

That USB problem seems to be something that loads of P5W owners have. I have it too, it's been a problem ever since the start as I recall, doesn't seem like it'll ever be fixed!

??? I have never had a problem with USB, works right out of the box. As I stated in a previous post, I went the retail/vanilla route. I would check either your BIOS settings or consider going as vanilla as possible. PS: have heard that a lot of P5W owners use the Kalyway distribution and it seems to work better...YMMV.

Aye of course not all people have the boot stalling on detecting USB devices thing, but I'm just saying that myself and loads of others have had it happen for ages, through loads of BIOS revisions :angel:

Aye of course not all people have the boot stalling on detecting USB devices thing, but I'm just saying that myself and loads of others have had it happen for ages, through loads of BIOS revisions :censored2:

Just curious, is it slowing down on boot because of the fan settings? Because I heard in another thread (P5W) that disabling all fan settings in your BIOS significantly speeds up the boot process. Anyway, it did for me.

As i can hook a hub with 4 usb devices connected without the " initializing usb " problem i think it could be bad ground ?

far is it possible to boot with a raid config on orange ports and ahci on black ports ?

Thank's

Could someone perhaps help me out:

I have a problem with the sleep modus.

Settings:

pw5dh with BIOS 2704, setings as recommended in this thread.

Graphics: Nvidia gf 7900 gs

Boot123 from usbstick

Everything works fine so far except the sleep modus. wehn my pc wakes up it tells my that I unplugged an device and my usb mouse doesn't work anymore. (rightclick works, but I can hardly move it). The mouse I am using is a Logitech mx1000.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for yur help guys!

Could someone perhaps help me out:

I have a problem with the sleep modus.

Settings:

pw5dh with BIOS 2704, setings as recommended in this thread.

Graphics: Nvidia gf 7900 gs

Boot123 from usbstick

Everything works fine so far except the sleep modus. wehn my pc wakes up it tells my that I unplugged an device and my usb mouse doesn't work anymore. (rightclick works, but I can hardly move it). The mouse I am using is a Logitech mx1000.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for yur help guys!

Have you got apple keyboard ?

Yes, indeed. Why?

(The latest metal usb)

On some boards sleep works only with apple one

I have just tried RaidO on orange ports with txo Seagate barracuda 160 Go it's working fine but the disk bench is very poor (35 with xBench) ??

I have just tried RaidO on orange ports with txo Seagate barracuda 160 Go it's working fine but the disk bench is very poor (35 with xBench) ??

could be probably the disks you are using.are they s-ata 2? the xbench on my machine shows 112 in raid 0 with orange ports.

could be probably the disks you are using.are they s-ata 2? the xbench on my machine shows 112 in raid 0 with orange ports.

they are sata 3 Gb/s configured ?

You 're probably right, i'll have to try with another pair of disk or some kext i missed in the instalation

did you tried to configure a soft raid with disk utility and after hook it to orange sata ports ?