Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

don´t cry, yellow is nice :ihw_wow: ... if you wish another HD Icon ... download one, there are enaugh nice HD Icons for Mac on the Web and copy it, open your Disk with Command+I and click on the yellow Icon, than paste it and you will have that Icon you want to have ;-)

@Atze de Vries

installing NVInstaller is not enaugh, this will not overwrite the existing Kexts, you have to use Pacifist to install NVInstaller ... that works !

Why should be a change in APPLE 10.5.3 concerning an Asus Remote Control ? :weight_lift:

Infact, i deleted all the old kext MANUALLY... heheheh!

Hello

I have a Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Quad Q6600 4GB ram and a XFX 8600GT videocard. Without installing any videocard drivers i get a 1024x768 image (which is no good ..) and if i install NVinstaller (tried version 0.33 and 0.41) after reboot i get a blank screen.

I used Kalyway and Leo4all for the install. Anybody any ideas what to do?

Greetinx

Atze

That card should work great, you just need to read up on how to use EFI graphics strings. Go here: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,104.0.html

Just joined the club, perfect installation using Kalyway 10.5.2 and the lastest bios available on the ASUS website.

Its a bit of fresh air, after dealing with the D945GCNL, this one is much better. BTW.. Is there any way to make the Bios boot time faster? it takes ageeeees to load. :)

I had success updating to 10.5.3 today. But it would have been much smoother if I didn't use the Kalyway combo update.

It's not that it doesn't for our motherboard, it's just that it reverts the hard drive icons back to the orange external ones and disables the graphics card support for Core Image and Quartz Extreme. I fixed these issues by downloading the latest version of NVinstaller (v. 52) and the using another combo updater package to fix the icons.

That combo update is featured in this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

It's kind of a pain to download but worth it because it packs more support in. BUT beware that I did not install 10.5.3 using this updater package as mention above. But if I was to do it again I would. Best of luck using either.

post-201208-1213210623_thumb.jpg

Just joined the club, perfect installation using Kalyway 10.5.2 and the lastest bios available on the ASUS website.

Its a bit of fresh air, after dealing with the D945GCNL, this one is much better. BTW.. Is there any way to make the Bios boot time faster? it takes ageeeees to load. :dev:

The easiest way to decrease POST times is to disable any IDE/SATA channels that don't have a drive connected.

The easiest way to decrease POST times is to disable any IDE/SATA channels that don't have a drive connected.

Actually I heard that it helped if you disable all the fan monitoring stuff. Seemed to speed mine up!

Does anyone have problems with there wifi not working at the correct speed? The wifi module manual says it is 802.11g (54 mbps) compatible and system profiler says that it is connect to a USB 2.0 hub but, it only operates at USB 1.1 speed (so only 12mbps). Is there any workaround for this?

I'm not satisfied with the slow transfer rates (usually around 120 Kb/s with wifi and when i connect through ethernet i get about 1.5 Mb/s). My computer is in a different room than the router so i can't be connected through ethernet unless I move the entire computer :P Here is a picture of my system profiler:

wifi.gif

We have a Problem. The Time machine fix doesn't work anymore. AFP/Time Machine no longer work in 10.5.3 ;\ This also breaks things like Qmaster in FCP... breaks it bad. I can't find a work around. Anyone have any ideas?

We have a Problem. The Time machine fix doesn't work anymore. AFP/Time Machine no longer work in 10.5.3 ;\ This also breaks things like Qmaster in FCP... breaks it bad. I can't find a work around. Anyone have any ideas?

My time machine was working fine in 10.5.3 and then it suddenly stopped working after a while. I'm not sure what i did but i might have installed an extension or two. So to fix it i just used my previous time machine backup to restore the extensions folder. I don't know if this helps at all but its what i did and it fixed my problem.

Best of Luck!

~bmxer55

I just tried using TM under 10.5.3 to a Firewire external hdd and when it tries to backup it says Failed cannot find drive.

I'll be looking around for solutions. Not a big deal.

Help with Wireless and ICH7R Drivers

I have Kalyway 10.5.2 installed and working great, except for 2 issues.

1) I have RAID setup for my windows partition and OSX tried to mount these at startup, but fails with a "Disk Insertion" Error. How can I get OSX not to attempt to mount these drives?

2) I have installed the realtek 8187L driver, but it puts a really ugly icon on the dock, and since I don't use a wireless connection I would like to either disable / un-install the driver or hide the icon. anyone know how?

thanks

Paul

If the drivers has a dock icon, it means that it's not a driver at all, it's an application that starts when you log in. Try removing it from the login items. That should work. If it doesn't, just delete the whole thing with AppZapper.

After updating to 10.5.3 I needed some time to realize: now everything is working - I mean 100 % !!!

the last issue I had, was that I couldn´t shutdown after sleep - gone!

e-sata with hotplug, four monitors on two graphic cards, booting from raid0 and perfect sleep .......i love my machine :hysterical:

the last question is how to get rid off that damned bios thing :hysterical:

My time machine was working fine in 10.5.3 and then it suddenly stopped working after a while. I'm not sure what i did but i might have installed an extension or two. So to fix it i just used my previous time machine backup to restore the extensions folder. I don't know if this helps at all but its what i did and it fixed my problem.

Best of Luck!

~bmxer55

Anyway I can get your Networkingfamily kext?

I backed up and then did a complete clean reinstall of Kalyway 10.5.2 then the Combo update mentioned about in my post.

Had fix the sound once again but now everything, even Time Machine works great.

Does anyone's ethernet not work after updating to 10.5.3? I usually just used my wireless but i recently tried my ethernet and it doesn't work! I have all the drivers installed but for some reason it doesn't work.

I installed 10.5.2 on another drive and the ethernet worked. When i copied the drivers over to 10.5.3 it doesn't work anymore! Please help!

EDIT: JK i got it to work! I just installed the drivers from the gigabyte_ds3-4pack.1.2.dmg and that solved my problem. It did however, break my wireless. I got a new wifi card to use as an airport. It was working until i installed the ethernet drivers

EDIT AGAIN: I finally fixed everything! just restored the 10.5.3 drivers over the old ones i was using and now airport and both ethernet ports work :(

Hey, so Kalyway 10.5.2 is running just fine on my comp. However, the OS only seems to recognize 1 of my usb ports as being 2.0. All the other ports completely throttle my speed to 12 Mb/s. Does anyone know a way to correct this? :D