Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

i always get a blue screen fading to black, then there is the Mouse, but i cant move it!!

right now it started with the blue screen but this time it doesnt fade to black (i used G5rocks Bios Settings!)

//EDIT

I used the flat_osx Version (installed from Vista to another HDD and switched Boot priority)

I have a near perfect install.. 10.5.2, sound, vanilla, efi, lan, 3 sata drives plus sata dvd drive, etc etc.. i just dont have sleep. (anyone know a solution.) And also, i thank the guy for making this thread.. but it is outdated. All you need to do is use kalyway 10.5.1 install disk in.. and install with ahci enabled and execute bit enabled.. and your gold... although i did use some kexts from brazilmacs postpatch.

Just installed Kalyway 10.5.1 tonight, sleep and sound are working fine but I'm having issues with the WiFi (and I actually need it right now since my the router I use is in my roommates room!) I've got the client utility running and have enabled wifi in the Network section of System Preferences but I seem to be have the same problem as the last few posters, it connects for a brief period and then shuts down. Has anyone figured this out yet?

I have a near perfect install.. 10.5.2, sound, vanilla, efi, lan, 3 sata drives plus sata dvd drive, etc etc.. i just dont have sleep. (anyone know a solution.) And also, i thank the guy for making this thread.. but it is outdated. All you need to do is use kalyway 10.5.1 install disk in.. and install with ahci enabled and execute bit enabled.. and your gold... although i did use some kexts from brazilmacs postpatch.

For 10.5.2 did you just use Software update?

For 10.5.2 did you just use Software update?
No don't try that! You will get a kernel panic during installation.(i had this fun on another hackintosh)
... And also, i thank the guy for making this thread.. but it is outdated. All you need to do is use kalyway 10.5.1 install disk in.. and install with ahci enabled and execute bit enabled.. and your gold...
Yes, you are right! I fixed that on posting one to avoid that new people go the harder way.

Has anyone gotten this board working with any of the Retail disc installs? I can't get it to boot, and there doesn't appear to be any errors showing in the boot screen... does this board require a specific third-party kext to boot aside from non-essentials like sound?
. . . yes: easy-peasy to install to GUID HDD w/ EFI v8.0 (from another install) using retail DVD/image.

After install/before restart in new install, you need to remove:

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

AppleEFIRuntime

. . & add:

dsmos

ALCInject

NVinject

. . & replace:

AppleHDA

IONetworkingFamily

AppleSMBIOS

. . & correct permissions.

P5WDH-specific audio/networking replacement kexts can be found at this excellent resource.

Works nicer [for me] than any other method. Best to have a recent BIOS with working ACPI & CPU settings [basically enable all].

HI All,

I finally got a hold of this mobo.

1a. Can someone point me at a dualboot (win32 XP / Leo Kaly, GUID-Vanilla) thread for Asus P5W DH?

1b. Or is it possible to run it with bootcamp?

2. Is anyone using this mobo with: Intel Core Duo E2180?

3. Are there any external webpages/must see sources for P5W DH?

Cheers,

:censored2:

Gus

This is how i installed 10.5.2 without any trouble:

(0. download all the stuff first :wacko:)

1. Install "kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate" (from usual sources) - DONT'T REBOOT!

2. Repair permissions

3. Reboot - type "-x -v" in Darwin Bootloader (can take longer as usual)

4. Install kalyway's "10.5.2_kernel_vanilla__and_patched_" (Chosed Vanilla Kernel) DON'T REBOOT!

5. Repair permissions

6. Reboot (can take longer as usual)

7. Install LeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0 DON'T REBOOT

8. Repair permissions

9. Reboot (can take longer as usual)

10. If necessary install graphicscard driver (works fine here with 8800GTS)

Link to the GraphicsUpdate: http://wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/nph-reg3...csUpdate1.0.dmg

Guys i have a problem to ask

my p5wdh system is able to sleep and wake fine ... but once i come out from sleep and then try to shutdown .. it wont allow .. the screen would go off but the system wont ...

can anyone try this .. i dont know if its just my machine ...

just let the machine sleep .. wake it up .. then try "shutdown" ... if it shuts down perfectly .. PLEASE let me know ...

thanks

. . . yes: easy-peasy to install to GUID HDD w/ EFI v8.0 (from another install) using retail DVD/image.

After install/before restart in new install, you need to remove:

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

AppleEFIRuntime

. . & add:

dsmos

ALCInject

NVinject

. . & replace:

AppleHDA

IONetworkingFamily

AppleSMBIOS

. . & correct permissions.

P5WDH-specific audio/networking replacement kexts can be found at this excellent resource.

Works nicer [for me] than any other method. Best to have a recent BIOS with working ACPI & CPU settings [basically enable all].

yes, i totally agree with you.

also booting and installing from this restored-retail-DVD on a spare hard drive is unbelievably fast.

for me, this is the funkiest way to install leopard.

how much more if you have all the efi strings for your graphics, audio and network?

i already have a working 8800gts_640mb & alc882m efi strings installed. so far so good.

next is the built-in network to avoid installing the fixed IONetworkingFamily.kext for TM. still trying to figure this out.

ppl from other forum are not so keen on sharing.

do you feel perfecting your beloved p5w dh mobo is not yet enough? then go and take a look: :(

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/board,2.0.html

Hello Owners of P5W!

Do you have full sound working particulary SPDIF out ?

Do you have wake & sleep reboot shutdown working under 10.5.2 i mean 100 % as many people report they have 100 % one day and 50 % the next one

Could someone edit a comparison of the extention folder between a untouched genuine dvd install with 10.5.2 updates and a fresh 10.5.2 install for a P5W

It' rather fast to do a terminal install of OSX on a partition and keep only the extention folder

You can use TOAST with ALT-C command to open a very good tool for that task and then copy the results in textedit and post

Perhaps someone?

Thank's to all for your time

Guys i have a problem to ask

my p5wdh system is able to sleep and wake fine ... but once i come out from sleep and then try to shutdown .. it wont allow .. the screen would go off but the system wont ...

can anyone try this .. i dont know if its just my machine ...

just let the machine sleep .. wake it up .. then try "shutdown" ... if it shuts down perfectly .. PLEASE let me know ...

thanks

i think this is a common problem to most p5w dh dlx owners out there.

other mobo like the ga-p35-ds3p has also some issue with not only shutdown but also restart.

but since i moved to efi strings, i no longer have this issue.

i'm not quite confident if it's really a solution but my shutdown problem is now gone.

:D

Hi,

I have a little bit of problem here :)

I had Leopard 10.5.1 BrazilMac with EFI 5.1, then I had to format HDD. Now I want to install again BrazilMac 10.5.0 Leo, but all I got after installation is blinking cursor (yes, I've used Kalyway bootable cd and installed patch properly).

Then I tried Toh RC2 version....same thing.

After that I used Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd, installed with vanilla kernel and mbr EFI, worked just fine.

I want to install BrazilMac Leopard 10.5.0, what to do?? I have no more idea, I tried everything....

Don't know if it's important, but I'm using 2602 bios (everything is set up fine)..

Please help me :)

Hi All, Just checking, am I the only person who has an extremely slow post / bios on this mobo? I

tried the following:

- running only on IDE hdd

- running only on SATA hdd- running on mixed IDE / SATA.

- turning off all fan monitoring in BIOS. (was mentioned this could help on other forums)

- setting IDE drives to not installed (also mentioned to help)

- setting disable Jmicron raid (also mentioned to help)

CPU and RAM is correctly identified in BIOS: I am running on 2302 (shipped) bios. Will upgrading the bios help?

Replacing the RAM? Please let me know if you've had issues with a slow post/bios.

My specs:- P5W DH Deluxe.

- Intel Core Duo E2180

- PQI 512MBx2 RAM

- 250/500GB HDD (SATA)

- 160MB HDD (IDE)

- Pioneer DVD (IDE)

- ASUS Nvidia 7300GT

- Lian-Li PC50 Case / 350 Watt PSU

:(

Cheers, Gus

Hi All, Just checking, am I the only person who has an extremely slow post / bios on this mobo? I

tried the following:

- running only on IDE hdd

- running only on SATA hdd- running on mixed IDE / SATA.

- turning off all fan monitoring in BIOS. (was mentioned this could help on other forums)

- setting IDE drives to not installed (also mentioned to help)

- setting disable Jmicron raid (also mentioned to help)

CPU and RAM is correctly identified in BIOS: I am running on 2302 (shipped) bios. Will upgrading the bios help?

Replacing the RAM? Please let me know if you've had issues with a slow post/bios.

My specs:- P5W DH Deluxe.

- Intel Core Duo E2180

- PQI 512MBx2 RAM

- 250/500GB HDD (SATA)

- 160MB HDD (IDE)

- Pioneer DVD (IDE)

- ASUS Nvidia 7300GT

- Lian-Li PC50 Case / 350 Watt PSU

Cheers, Gus

I call this one a medium fast BIOS boot on my mainboard:

@G5; that's really slow.. i am sure that there is some timeout counter running that makes it that slow..

..unless everyone else has equally slow boot up times? it seems to be almost exactly 30 seconds..

please everyone who can be a55ed; post for how long you see the boot splash on your p5w dh, and use a timer (on your cellphone or something)

i am just hoping this is not how long i will have to wait when i have go it to run properly..

cheers,

G

my boot up time is that slow. I asked on some computer forums.. they said it was normal for this board.. even these guys with the classis bios were having slow boot issues.

What is with sleep.. only thing i dont really have.

The "pluggable ethernet string" for Marvell Yukon 88E8053 works!

I've been able to use the 10.5.0 vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext without breaking the time machine.

Also, the infamous " _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" is now gone.

This error is known especially when entering the "diskutil list" command on the Terminal, and also on some other tasks.

For more info, follow this thread: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,92.60.html

Hey Guys,

First post, first Hackintosh, long time PC builder.

My Setup is as follows:

ASUS P5W DH

Q6600

Geforce 8600GT

I have leopard up and running (MBR) via Kalyway 10.5.1 install image after several failed GUID attempts.

Graphics are set, installed and working correctly for the 8600GT, what I am struggling with is the Wireless.

I have installed the Realtec package and the realtec utility displays the boards mac address, but when i refresh the networks list there are no networks visible in the networks list to connect to. I am running a Netgear Wireless N router and am wondering if maybe that is the problem.

I have yet to try the ethernet so I dont know if that is working or not.

the realtek is for tiger. I believe you can use the ionetworking from tiger to get it working.. but that ruins time machine and possibly ur ethernet.

@xstorm.. my shut down works 100 percent.. i dont know what specific thing i did.. but i did use alot of the kexts from brazilmacs post patch on top of my kalyway leopard 10.5.2 install.