1478 replies to this topic

Uncle_Ho

Uncle_Ho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Guys i have a problem to ask

my p5wdh system is able to sleep and wake fine ... but once i come out from sleep and then try to shutdown .. it wont allow .. the screen would go off but the system wont ...

can anyone try this .. i dont know if its just my machine ...

just let the machine sleep .. wake it up .. then try "shutdown" ... if it shuts down perfectly .. PLEASE let me know ...

thanks

koaxial

koaxial

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

. . . yes: easy-peasy to install to GUID HDD w/ EFI v8.0 (from another install) using retail DVD/image.

After install/before restart in new install, you need to remove:
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
AppleEFIRuntime

. . & add:
dsmos
ALCInject
NVinject

. . & replace:
AppleHDA
IONetworkingFamily
AppleSMBIOS

. . & correct permissions.

P5WDH-specific audio/networking replacement kexts can be found at this excellent resource.

Works nicer [for me] than any other method. Best to have a recent BIOS with working ACPI & CPU settings [basically enable all].

yes, i totally agree with you.
also booting and installing from this restored-retail-DVD on a spare hard drive is unbelievably fast.
for me, this is the funkiest way to install leopard.

how much more if you have all the efi strings for your graphics, audio and network?

i already have a working 8800gts_640mb & alc882m efi strings installed. so far so good.
next is the built-in network to avoid installing the fixed IONetworkingFamily.kext for TM. still trying to figure this out.
ppl from other forum are not so keen on sharing.

do you feel perfecting your beloved p5w dh mobo is not yet enough? then go and take a look: :(

http://forum.netkas..../board,2.0.html

mtotho

mtotho

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Interests:[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/mtotho/Signature-Mtotho-1.png[/img]
i have time machine.

Attached File  IONetworkingFamily_Fix.pkg.zip   972.93KB   76 downloads

aliab

aliab

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Hello Owners of P5W!

Do you have full sound working particulary SPDIF out ?
Do you have wake & sleep reboot shutdown working under 10.5.2 i mean 100 % as many people report they have 100 % one day and 50 % the next one

Could someone edit a comparison of the extention folder between a untouched genuine dvd install with 10.5.2 updates and a fresh 10.5.2 install for a P5W

It' rather fast to do a terminal install of OSX on a partition and keep only the extention folder
You can use TOAST with ALT-C command to open a very good tool for that task and then copy the results in textedit and post

Perhaps someone?

Thank's to all for your time

koaxial

koaxial

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Guys i have a problem to ask

my p5wdh system is able to sleep and wake fine ... but once i come out from sleep and then try to shutdown .. it wont allow .. the screen would go off but the system wont ...

can anyone try this .. i dont know if its just my machine ...

just let the machine sleep .. wake it up .. then try "shutdown" ... if it shuts down perfectly .. PLEASE let me know ...

thanks

i think this is a common problem to most p5w dh dlx owners out there.
other mobo like the ga-p35-ds3p has also some issue with not only shutdown but also restart.
but since i moved to efi strings, i no longer have this issue.
i'm not quite confident if it's really a solution but my shutdown problem is now gone.
:D

nicko_029

nicko_029

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi,
I have a little bit of problem here :)

I had Leopard 10.5.1 BrazilMac with EFI 5.1, then I had to format HDD. Now I want to install again BrazilMac 10.5.0 Leo, but all I got after installation is blinking cursor (yes, I've used Kalyway bootable cd and installed patch properly).

Then I tried Toh RC2 version....same thing.

After that I used Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd, installed with vanilla kernel and mbr EFI, worked just fine.

I want to install BrazilMac Leopard 10.5.0, what to do?? I have no more idea, I tried everything....

Don't know if it's important, but I'm using 2602 bios (everything is set up fine)..

Please help me :)

osxgus

osxgus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hi All, Just checking, am I the only person who has an extremely slow post / bios on this mobo? I

tried the following:

- running only on IDE hdd
- running only on SATA hdd- running on mixed IDE / SATA.
- turning off all fan monitoring in BIOS. (was mentioned this could help on other forums)
- setting IDE drives to not installed (also mentioned to help)
- setting disable Jmicron raid (also mentioned to help)

CPU and RAM is correctly identified in BIOS: I am running on 2302 (shipped) bios. Will upgrading the bios help?
Replacing the RAM? Please let me know if you've had issues with a slow post/bios.

My specs:- P5W DH Deluxe.
- Intel Core Duo E2180
- PQI 512MBx2 RAM
- 250/500GB HDD (SATA)
- 160MB HDD (IDE)
- Pioneer DVD (IDE)
- ASUS Nvidia 7300GT
- Lian-Li PC50 Case / 350 Watt PSU

:(

Cheers, Gus

G5rocks

G5rocks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hi All, Just checking, am I the only person who has an extremely slow post / bios on this mobo? I

tried the following:

- running only on IDE hdd
- running only on SATA hdd- running on mixed IDE / SATA.
- turning off all fan monitoring in BIOS. (was mentioned this could help on other forums)
- setting IDE drives to not installed (also mentioned to help)
- setting disable Jmicron raid (also mentioned to help)

CPU and RAM is correctly identified in BIOS: I am running on 2302 (shipped) bios. Will upgrading the bios help?
Replacing the RAM? Please let me know if you've had issues with a slow post/bios.

My specs:- P5W DH Deluxe.
- Intel Core Duo E2180
- PQI 512MBx2 RAM
- 250/500GB HDD (SATA)
- 160MB HDD (IDE)
- Pioneer DVD (IDE)
- ASUS Nvidia 7300GT
- Lian-Li PC50 Case / 350 Watt PSU

Cheers, Gus

I call this one a medium fast BIOS boot on my mainboard:

osxgus

osxgus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
@G5; that's really slow.. i am sure that there is some timeout counter running that makes it that slow..

..unless everyone else has equally slow boot up times? it seems to be almost exactly 30 seconds..

please everyone who can be a55ed; post for how long you see the boot splash on your p5w dh, and use a timer (on your cellphone or something)

i am just hoping this is not how long i will have to wait when i have go it to run properly..

cheers,
G

G5rocks

G5rocks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Does the eSATA port on the rear connectors work in OS X?

mtotho

mtotho

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Interests:[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/mtotho/Signature-Mtotho-1.png[/img]
my boot up time is that slow. I asked on some computer forums.. they said it was normal for this board.. even these guys with the classis bios were having slow boot issues.

What is with sleep.. only thing i dont really have.

koaxial

koaxial

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
The "pluggable ethernet string" for Marvell Yukon 88E8053 works!

I've been able to use the 10.5.0 vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext without breaking the time machine.

Also, the infamous " _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" is now gone.

This error is known especially when entering the "diskutil list" command on the Terminal, and also on some other tasks.

For more info, follow this thread: http://forum.netkas....opic,92.60.html

xstorm911

xstorm911

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Ok so is ANYONE able to shutdown 100% of the time properly ? if so, tell me how you did it because I have literally tried everything I could think of... patched kernels, different AppleSMBIOS.kexts , ACPIPowermanagement.kexts....

necevil

necevil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey Guys,
First post, first Hackintosh, long time PC builder.

My Setup is as follows:
ASUS P5W DH
Q6600
Geforce 8600GT

I have leopard up and running (MBR) via Kalyway 10.5.1 install image after several failed GUID attempts.
Graphics are set, installed and working correctly for the 8600GT, what I am struggling with is the Wireless.

I have installed the Realtec package and the realtec utility displays the boards mac address, but when i refresh the networks list there are no networks visible in the networks list to connect to. I am running a Netgear Wireless N router and am wondering if maybe that is the problem.

I have yet to try the ethernet so I dont know if that is working or not.

mtotho

mtotho

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
the realtek is for tiger. I believe you can use the ionetworking from tiger to get it working.. but that ruins time machine and possibly ur ethernet.

@xstorm.. my shut down works 100 percent.. i dont know what specific thing i did.. but i did use alot of the kexts from brazilmacs post patch on top of my kalyway leopard 10.5.2 install.

shoarthing

shoarthing

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Ok so is ANYONE able to shutdown 100% of the time properly ? if so, tell me how you did it because I have literally tried everything I could think of... patched kernels, different AppleSMBIOS.kexts , ACPIPowermanagement.kexts....

. . yes, many folks can get the P5WDH to shutdown 100% . . . use PC_EFI & a recent BIOS.

You are not (according to your signature) using the P5WDH.

pollosyvacas

pollosyvacas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

no, i had ahci already enabled...

Had same issue here. All I did was plug dvd into primary EIDE channel (not JMICRON one) and voila: disks appear as internal.

My shutdown did not work until I updated the BIOS to v.2406. Sometimes even windows used to hang/reboot instead of shutting sown. I use Kalaway 10.5.1(2)+EFI+Vanilla. If u need more info,settings,.. i am glad to help.

Does the eSATA port on the rear connectors work in OS X?

It does. I did borrow an external LACIE HD. Had to enable JMICRON and plug the drive before starting the PC(not shure if ESATA supports hot plug).

necevil

necevil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried the realtek drivers with no success.
Gave up on wireless, I am now working on updating to 10.5.2.

My question is, how do you repair the permissions as described in the update guide?

G5rocks

G5rocks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
with the apple disc utility

necevil

necevil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
*10.5.2 Update... Update*
Installed perfectly using G5's instructions found in this thread.

Before the update I had no ethernet or wireless, these two issues remain unchanged and still do not work.
Prior to updating this was a fresh Kalyway 10.5.1 install (Selected HD Audio and Realtek options in setup).
I have not installed any network drivers/kexts other than the Realtek option in install.

Does anyone have any ideas on getting the wireless or, at least, the ethernet working?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy