Unofficial Sticker

106 posts in this topic

dang these stickers get better and better. anybody wanna just recreate the winxp sticker except with a shinny blue mac/apple icon and say Mac OS x 86 instead?

That's like on the first page, dude! :2cents:

I tried making a wallpaper with Tiger and Maxxuss with a brand marking. I tried making it as close as posible. Hope you guys like it and Maxxuss too, cause he has branded OSX x86 with his name for ever.

Sorry if the file is too big, but i wanted to keep the high quality on the image.

The Burn1natorpost-25176-1141666675_thumb.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh toooooooooooooo many stickers. I cant choose...................................Must choose one ..................................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :DEAD:

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I've been around these parts, so I'm not trying to step on any toes - that's the first thing.

The one thing that I keep seeing - aside from the creativity you fine folks are expressing - is a minor issue but in graphics work it can make the difference between a really classy image and just something someone tossed together off the cuff with no planning in mind.

Having said that, I would strongly suggest to all the people participating in creating artwork the following tips:

- Whatever text or image you plan to place inside the Apple itself (if that's what you're working on), make sure it's small enough to fit and be centered inside the borders of the apple image as though the apple was complete and not missing a bite/chunk in the right side. This can make a dramatic difference even though most of the people will look at such an image and think it's not right because they're seeing the inside logo inside the outside logo, basically. The current crop of "Intel" ones I've seen in this thread are all suffering from that issue. And the cool rainbow looking one that andazp has it too: the image/logo of the apple isn't centered inside the left and right sides of the image.

- I believe, although things may have changed since I was more regular around here, that this website is called "The OSx86 Project." While people may not follow the guideline I'm about to propose, at least think about it before dismissing it. We all know it's OS X, that's a given that doesn't need to be debated, and calling it OS X x86 is a bit silly in most respects, so that's why the name is: OSx86. It's a takeoff of OS X and x86 that works beautifully, I think. If someone was planning to create a sticker for all of us, I'd vote for using "OSx86" and nothing else personally and nothing else; not the word "Mac," not the registered symbol, nada. Just nice and simple, professing exactly what it is and nothing more.

Just two tips I was thinking about posting for the participants, so take it as it is: some suggestions to make a more "official" and professional looking sticker.

In case you're wondering - but then again you might not even care, really - my logo won the first OSx86Project art contest held last year here at the site (the category was, not surprisingly, "Logos"). The winning entry was this one:

hackintoshlogointeltransparent.png

The "Intel Inside" logo rests in the center of the Apple logo (and I did that by hand, actually so it's probably not quite perfectly centered); it isn't off-center as most all of the other ones I've ever seen are. The center of the background is the cue here, not the center of the center space between the left side of the apple and the left side of the bitemark; that's the key. Imagine the apple isn't bitten and it's a solid figure, then you can tell whether or not your art/image/logo is correctly centered in the entire image itself.

Also, the size of the "Intel Inside" logo was crucial to make it look right. If it was larger it wouldn't fit properly inside the borders of the Apple logo - and that means it wouldn't be centered properly. So the size of your art/image/logo is very important also.

Aside from that, keep up the good work. I like some of this stuff, and I just might redo my original logo into something to post in this thread.

Laterz...

bb

Guest ReflectiaX
Thanks bluedragon1971. I will make the correction and repost my stickers.

EDIT: Here they are

It's fantastic. ;)

-Ref'X