ATI X1600 PRO AGP Support for Leopard

cyclonefr

51 posts in this topic

bonjour cycloneFr,

can you tell me 2 things :

using your kexts, do you get pure DVI without VGA adapter?

can you change resolutions?

I solved the QE/CI with the MacMan2007 kexts (see sig) but still cannot change resolutions and have some mouse tearing.

soooooooooo, how well is your card performing with your kexts?

thanks cheerio,

ninetto

I can't speak about DVI, since i'm using VGA for both of my screens.

No bugs, it just performs bad in OpenGL because it's AGP, but no tearing, it's perfect. And dual screen works in mirror.

My Experiment for-those-who-might-be-interested:

using MACMAN2007 kexts - NO Attiinject/manual method (see sig) gave me "pure" (no VGA-adapter) DVI with QE/CI but no resolution change and some mouse tearing.

using the kexts provided by CYLONEFR (see post above) with Natit gave me resolution changes with QE/CI but suddenly the DVI port would not work (without VGA-adapter)

What is frustrating to me is my laptop has the ATI mobility x1600 with DVI-port and not only does is work perfectly at full resolutions I get complete TRUE dual-monitor support at different resolutions. I would not call "mirror" really dual monitor capability.

In the end I think I will just give up and grab a cheapo nvidia AGP card, but I HATE GIVING UP on these things. The machine should do WHAT I TELL HIM and not vice-versa!!!!

foward thru the fog,

ninetto

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm a Hackintosh, and I wan't to ask, that will the Sapphire Radeon X1650PRO 512MB DDR3 AGP work for me with QE/CI/All resolutions/the 512 VRAM and with both Tiger and leo?

And if not, then with which x16xx series card will work perfectly?

THX!!!

• 1 month later...
i messed uup with ATINDRV .10 and putted the 10.5 which avoid CI/QE.

I fixed it with ATINDRV 10.5.1 and a new package let's enjoy it :)

Requires 10.5.1 installed

Hi!

That´s the solution... Works perfectly on a Asus A8V Deluxe with X1600 AGP 256MB...

Big thank 4 it!!! :hysterical:

Rgds.

Hello,

I have installed Leo since 2 days :-) Now my biggest problem is to make my Radeon X1600 work, I have namely 2 problems:

- I get small square artifacts under my mouse (sometimes)

- I have only 1024x768 (while the native res. is 1280x800).

I (think I) installed the package posted by Cyclonefr (because I'm a greenhorn :D ). I put the files in /System/Library.

Do I have to copy them in /System/Library/Extensions ? Do I have to fix the permissions afterwards?

Please post an answer to those simple questions. In a few hours I'll try several other options and if I should be unlucky and all this wouldn't work, I would like to find one more hope here:

My System:

VBI ASMobile S96Jm

Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz (core solo)

2GB RAM

160 GB HDD SATA-II

ATi Radeon X1600 (artifacts, 1024x768 ONLY :-( )

Realtek ALC882 (working with Azilia patch)

Bluetooth (working out of the box)

CardReader (would appreciate some ideas)

Intel 3945abg (not working, I saw here that there isn't even a chance :-( )

Thank you in advise! You guys RULE!!

P.S.: Please don't post links on rapidshare and so on. They all get broken in a few days, it is not serious.

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks!

i worked since 2 days to get my gfxcard to work with full QE/CI and solutions!

Now everything runs fine but no DV DUALSCREEN!!!

I have a ATI X1600 PCIE 256MB 1002 Dev 71C2

Leo 10.5.2 installed with kaly!

ANY IDEAS OR SUCCESS AROUND WITH THIS CARD AND DUAL SCREEN ?!?!?!?

here my configs:

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATY,RadeonX1600

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

Geräte-ID: 0x71c2

Versions-ID: 0x0000

EFI-Treiberversion: 01.00.068

Monitore:

F173:

Auflösung: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Hardware-unterstützt

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Unterstützt

Rotation: Unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

Hi!

Under 10.5.1 I was able to get CI/QE enabled editing the device ID's in .plist and in the ATIRadeonX1000 binary but under 10.5.2 I can't get it enabled. I get a blue screen. I have an X1600 PCIe ATI RAdeon with device id=71c3. Help would be much apreciated.

Thanks

yes only need IONDRVSupport from 10.4.7 that ive delivered on the previous post. ATINDRV 10.5.2 now works on X1600PRO AGP :(

only moidify the ATIRADEONX1000 plist to match ur device id : 71C2

thx but do you have dual screen DVI ?? work it?

• 2 weeks later...

I used NatitX1600 and IONDRVSupport from cyclonefr package (10.5.1.X1600Pro.zip), modified the original 10.5.2 ATIRadeonX1000 with my device id (0x71c21002) and worked for a Sapphire Radeon X1600PRO 256 AGP on a Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD EFI fresh install.

Thank you.

Hi people, i have some questions to get me going with OS X.

I have searched the forums for a long time now but i am missing some steps how to actually do a driver install.

Everything is working okay except my video card driver. Using Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 version.

What is the code for my card: Sapphire Radeon X1650PRO 512MB AGP to write in the plist file?

I have the following code from System Profiler: 0x71c6 <-- but that one doesn't look like anything i find in the Info.plist file.

Those look like:

<string>0x71C21002 0x72101002 0x71DE1002 0x71461002 0x71421002 0x71091002 0x71C51002 0x71C01002 0x72401002 0x72491002 0x72911002</string>

^ Taken from the ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist file

What is the correct way after editing that file to install that driver?

Just grabbing/copying the ATIRadeonX1000.kext dir to /System/Library/Extensions/ then reboot or is there another step to be taken also before reboot? (There is already a /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext dir there. Must that one be deleted/backup before moving the newer ATIRadeonX1000.kext dir? )

What do i need to with the other dirs:

ATINDRV.kext IONDRVSupport.kext NatitX1600.kext <-- do i need to edit those to and copy them to /System/Library/Extensions/ also or just the ATIRadeonX1000.kext dir?

Toor.

Hi toorsel,

im struggling with the same problem on my Sapphire X1600Pro 256 Mb.

Just add 1002 (Vendor ID for ATI i think) and you´ll be fine on that step. Add 0x71c61002

Just be sure to set the correct permissions and ownership on the .kext folders you manipulate.

You can do this using the Terminal (->Utilities) using the following commands :

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel ATIRadeonX1000.kext

(this will set the owner root and the group wheel recursive for all files in this folder)

sudo chmod -R 755 ATIRadeonX1000.kext

(this will set permissions for the files, where the first digit represents the rights of the owner, second is the rights for the group and the third digit is for anybody else. the digits are build like 4 = read, 2 = write, 1 = execution, so you simply add up 4+2+1 for 7 and so on)

You can copy the modified kext over the existing one, thats no problem.

Im not quite sure about your last question, there are a lot of different methods that seem to work. Some ppl are running great on just adding their id to the Info.plist in ATIRadeonX1000.kext. You´ll want to try that first. Im going crazy, cause none of those methods work for me here with a (0x71cd). Good Luck ! :(

I used NatitX1600 and IONDRVSupport from cyclonefr package (10.5.1.X1600Pro.zip), modified the original 10.5.2 ATIRadeonX1000 with my device id (0x71c21002) and worked for a Sapphire Radeon X1600PRO 256 AGP on a Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD EFI fresh install.

Thank you.

@Bon Scott

Many thanks to you - your my hero! After a tremendous try & error session over several days and nights, I finally found your fantastic advice! Believe it or not (everyone who`s reading this) - my ATI Radeon X1600XT were recognised correctly and set to the right resolution of 1680 x 1050 on my Samsung SyncMaster 2232 with QE/CI (only left DVI connector, but I don`t mind)! Thank god, now I can throw away all the unnecessary kexts into trash.

So - up to the next challenge: soundcard....

• 6 months later...

Ok, sorry about that, I know this thread is old ... but I have a question !

I have a ATI Radeon X1600, and I try to set it ...

I change my DEV ID in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext, and install IONDRVSupport from cyclonefr package (10.5.1.X1600Pro.zip), reboot.

Now I have some glitch on my screen, I can't change the resolution ...

I tried to install NatitX1600 from the package, when I reboot its said : Bad installation, could not load .kext ...

What can I do ?

Thanks to all !

Ok, sorry about that, I know this thread is old ... but I have a question !

I have a ATI Radeon X1600, and I try to set it ...

I change my DEV ID in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext, and install IONDRVSupport from cyclonefr package (10.5.1.X1600Pro.zip), reboot.

Now I have some glitch on my screen, I can't change the resolution ...

I tried to install NatitX1600 from the package, when I reboot its said : Bad installation, could not load .kext ...

What can I do ?

Thanks to all !

Did you set the permissions correctly?

• 2 weeks later...