Leopard on SSE2 Howto here!

vboyz

135 posts in this topic

Hi , sorry for my english. How can I extract kernel? I use cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/ , and then ls and in Terminal i see

Applications Volumes sbin

Install Mac OS X.app bin tmp

Instructions dev usr

Library etc var

Optional Installs mach_kernel

System private

but in cd kernel is hidding. So where is my wrong? I see my kernel on cd(if i see) i must use options copy/paste to copy kernel into patcher folder ? Thanks for answers :)

I've got leopard to work on my sse2 Dell Inspiron 6000, the only thing that isn't working at the moment is the video card and the qe ci. Without it I might as well stick to tiger since it runs a lot smoother. I can change resolutions but no qe or ci. I was wondering if any of you guys knew a way to replace the kext/opengl files associated with the video card to that of tiger so that my ati x300 mobility works. I have it running perfectly fine on my jas 10.4.8 install. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi , sorry for my english. How can I extract kernel? I use cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/ , and then ls and in Terminal i see

Applications Volumes sbin

Install Mac OS X.app bin tmp

Instructions dev usr

Library etc var

Optional Installs mach_kernel

System private

but in cd kernel is hidding. So where is my wrong? I see my kernel on cd(if i see) i must use options copy/paste to copy kernel into patcher folder ? Thanks for answers :D

Terminal lists more then one file / folder per line, as you can see above you can see mach_kernel. Now to copy it from you DVD once you have used

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/

type:

cp mach_kernel ~/desktop

and this will copy the file to your desktop where you can either move it or edit it etc.

I hope this helps.

I've got leopard to work on my sse2 Dell Inspiron 6000, the only thing that isn't working at the moment is the video card and the qe ci. Without it I might as well stick to tiger since it runs a lot smoother. I can change resolutions but no qe or ci. I was wondering if any of you guys knew a way to replace the kext/opengl files associated with the video card to that of tiger so that my ati x300 mobility works. I have it running perfectly fine on my jas 10.4.8 install. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hey Mike -

Did you edit your DEV ID and VENDOR ID in Natit.kext/Contents/Info.plist? Also, there are two more Info.plist you need to do that is Geforce.kext/Contents/Info.plist and NV40xx.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Without editting these files there will be no QE/CI.

I did that on my dell 9300 with Geforce 6800 Go and full QE/CI enabled.

dear vboyz, after searching on internet over 5 hours, i found no single dsmos.kext link...

so if you could upload something to somewhere called f_l_ sh_r_ , we would like to thank you very very much,

here we have over 4 brothers need feed :)

dear vboyz, after searching on internet over 5 hours, i found no single dsmos.kext link...

so if you could upload something to somewhere called f_l_ sh_r_ , we would like to thank you very very much,

here we have over 4 brothers need feed :D

dsmos.kext is in the brazilmac patch

http://rs156.rapidshare.com/files/65339534...9a581-Patch.zip

dsmos.kext is in the brazilmac patch

http://rs156.rapidshare.com/files/65339534...9a581-Patch.zip

but i guess its for sse3 only, or vboyz wont ask us to retrieve this from our tiger, right?

Yep, through my observation, the dsmos.kext must be from Tiger because in my case if I used dsmos.kext from leopard or the brazilmac's patch then kernel panic.

I don't know much about that kext, but I think it's handling the decryption of some sort that is specific to SSE2 I think.

Yep, through my observation, the dsmos.kext must be from Tiger because in my case if I used dsmos.kext from leopard or the brazilmac's patch then kernel panic.

I don't know much about that kext, but I think it's handling the decryption of some sort that is specific to SSE2 I think.

found the dmos.kext in the Intel SSE3.pkg and AMD SSE3, but not in the Intel/AMD SSE2 .pkg on the uphuck 1.3 dvd (using pacifist).

Not sure where I went wrong, I went through all of the steps before copying the Kexts, just to see if I would get anything I tried to boot leopard without those, and don't even get a bootloader, all i get is a blank screen with a _ sigh flashing, anyone else got this?

Also could someone also share the AppleSMBIOS.kext, I tried lookin on the JaS SSE2 dvd, but no luck, not sure if i have to install it first to get the kerts? or extract it from some weird location.

Not sure where I went wrong, I went through all of the steps before copying the Kexts, just to see if I would get anything I tried to boot leopard without those, and don't even get a bootloader, all i get is a blank screen with a _ sigh flashing, anyone else got this?

Also could someone also share the AppleSMBIOS.kext, I tried lookin on the JaS SSE2 dvd, but no luck, not sure if i have to install it first to get the kerts? or extract it from some weird location.

Auazn -

The reason you got that because your boot partition is not setup correctly. In other words, you have to prepare the MBR to boot and write some boot files to it. Check the BrazilMac guide where he described how to prepare the MBR for the 2nd install method through a spare partition.

Can anyone please send me the sse2 patched Mach_kernel?

I'm new at all this, but i really want leopard on my dell.

I've been at this for 2 days now downloading everything, this is the last thing i need to install it

you'd really be helping me out, thank you!

i have the osx86 socket source code zip file you linked, but im running a pc, these programs are for mac.

can someone please send me the sse2 patched mach_kernel file... i guess when it comes to macs im clueless, but thats why i want leopard. its soooo freakin good looking!

Hello,

When i try to rename the original sse3 kernel on leopard_SL_dvd.iso, i've got this error :

/Volumes/burn $mv mach_kernel mach_kernel.sse3

mv: rename mach_kernel to mach_kernel.sse3: No space left on device

I 've download the leopard_SL_dvd.iso directly on PB, no used the brasilian SL patch and not full leopard dvd.

Please help

vboyz ...

I have a question ... if we go though and put the sse2 patched mach_kernel onto the DVD and boot from it to install Leopard, would running the 9a581PostPatch not then remove and replace mach_kernel with its own (sse3 I assume) version? I am unlcear on this part.

vboyz ...

I have a question ... if we go though and put the sse2 patched mach_kernel onto the DVD and boot from it to install Leopard, would running the 9a581PostPatch not then remove and replace mach_kernel with its own (sse3 I assume) version? I am unlcear on this part.

Zuzu, you are absolutely right..post patch will replace the mach_kernel with SSE3 kernel therefore I you either need to replace the mach_kernel for SSE2 in the post patch folder or edit the file to comment out the part where it replaces the kernel again.

I'll update the instructions.

Zuzu, you are absolutely right..post patch will replace the mach_kernel with SSE3 kernel therefore I you either need to replace the mach_kernel for SSE2 in the post patch folder or edit the file to comment out the part where it replaces the kernel again.

I'll update the instructions.

Cool. It would be easiest to get peeps to put their mach_kernel in the post patch folder.

Anyway, I am having some troubles. I have the DVD done, booting from it (verbose) I see a whole bunch of extensions loaded, then for a fraction of a second I see the blue background ..but then the laptop (Dell Latitude D800) reboots. Not sure what is up with that.