Mac OS X Leopard GM Final 9A581 Kernel Patch (INTEL/AMD/NO-HPET/NO-NX/SSE2)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

NuhkaX

NuhkaX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Very bad post :thumbsdown_anim:
If I were a mod I'd delete it. Because you prefer the work of one developer you shouldn't call the others "clowns".

When I read his post I took it as he's not calling the current set of devs clowns but more like now anyone can start making and patching kernels. For example now some user has the code and starts posting his kernels without really testing and starts bricking peoples machines. The QA/QC could all but disappear. But i agree bad post for the name calling.

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
Does this patch work good on Intel Core2Duo systems? It does not emulate SSE3 when not necessary, right?

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Very bad post :)
If I were a mod I'd delete it. Because you prefer the work of one developer you shouldn't call the others "clowns".

yeah Agree. very offensive. :thumbsdown_anim:

dragossh

dragossh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
If I apply this patch on the kernel from Leopard DVD, do I need anything else to make it bootable?

THEHAWKs

THEHAWKs

The UnKnown Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
If you think that people who can even patch a DVD are going to start making there own kernels YOU ARE WRONG.LOL Come on Some People Cant even Follow Simple Guides to get OsX86 on there Own PC's.And Never Use Google.

NuhkaX

NuhkaX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

If you think that people who can even patch a DVD are going to start making there own kernels YOU ARE WRONG.LOL come Some People Cant even Follow Simple Guides to get OsX86 on there Own PC's.And Never Use Google.

HAHAH Good point I didn't even think of that LOL!! Looks like I'm the clown :)

fagosu

fagosu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I'm sorry for the dense question but if I understand correctly: When I get my retail copy of Leopard all I have to do is apply this patch and then I'll be able to install it on my hack? or do I have to get a different image for this to work?

guruuno1

guruuno1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
k, I patched the kernel as per the included instructions and have the created hacked file.
Now what?
Do I need to inject it into a Leopard DVD DMG, if so, rename it, keep it named what it is, ????
FYI, you gotta edit the Could someone please post addition step by step directions.
I assume this patch/hack is to make a Leopard DVD install on non-Apple hardware.
If indeed it is, and it works, one might think that a tad more instructions might help, unless this is just for the super duper high end guru's, and not for us low end newbies that have crossed the line and become Apple newbies.
By the way, you gotta patch/modify the patcher.sh file to point to the path embedded in the file with user info, etc.
Sure a true hacker cracker might know, but let's share here...k?

np101137

np101137

Anonymac OS X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I just checked this archive. I can confirm it doesnt have any Apple copyrighted materials.

aboldinu

aboldinu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

I'm sorry for the dense question but if I understand correctly: When I get my retail copy of Leopard all I have to do is apply this patch and then I'll be able to install it on my hack? or do I have to get a different image for this to work?

I have the same question; Is this really all there is to it :rolleyes:? BrazilMac's method for example is much more involved, but no SSE2 support as yet - It involves its own (cut down in size too I might add) DVD too, not the retail :S.

EDIT: I think one way would be to use the BrazilMac DVD and replace the kernel with this one for SSE2 users, otherwise you could use it by default (Supporting SSE3)

vboyz

vboyz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Sup everyone -

I took this as replacing the kernel into the leopard iso that you make after following the Brazil Mac's guide. I am trying it now, and will post later if any progress.

I tried BrazilMac's guide without modifying any kernel, I got it to boot but it reboot the machine after trying to load something and stopped. Hopefully with this hacked kernel it will allow me to go further in the installation process.

Crossing fingers....X

EDIT: OMG, initial progress had shown...basically I am now able to boot into the installer, haven't installed yet because I'm preparing my partition now....but my lappy is a Dell 9300 SSE2, could this be real? Updates later....

aboldinu

aboldinu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I think you need the original Kernel from the leopard retail DVD to patch...BrazilMac's DVD already has a patched kernel I think (SSE3 only) so I'm not sure if the patch would work.

vboyz

vboyz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
NVM, it's installing now...

dsc106

dsc106

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
Great! Anyone know when an actual packaged installer/DVD will be out for Intel, AMD, SSE2 & SSE3 cpus available for download (so all you have to do is burn and install?) I read later tonight somewhere, but does anyone know if this is true?

Ky0_Sama

Ky0_Sama

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So I've already obtained a copy of Leopard, and I'm currently running Tiger on a partition on my Macintoshiba. I'd really like to upgrade to Leopard, but therein lies the problem. Everyone is installing Leopard on their hackintosh', and I've no doubt I would be able to do so myself, but thus far all the methods I've seen involve setting up yet another partition and installing leopard to it cleanly, rather than simply upgrading Tiger. If I were to patch my install dvd and then run it and attempt to install to the partition Tiger is on, would it upgrade, or would I end up with kernel screwageness?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!! :)

aboldinu

aboldinu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I wouldn't risk upgrading Tiger; But you can wipe over your Tiger installation:

http://dailyapps.net...n-3-easy-steps/

---

If anyone successfully gets it working on an SSE2 CPU please tell me your steps :).

Ky0_Sama

Ky0_Sama

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
A clean install means facing the pain of backing up my files, re-installing Creative Suite 3, and ~groan~ kexts to get sound and ethernet running... maybe I'll just be patient.. meh. Thanks anywho...

In an unrelated note, I've been kind of curious as to whether or not Leopard came with support for the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG... I know its a stretch, but the possiblity was enough to peak my interest since Apple is slowly moving toward support for more hardware and The 3945ABG is pretty standard issue. Anybody know?

aboldinu

aboldinu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I don't see why it would, They only need to support the hardware found in their own products.

vanden9

vanden9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So if I have a copy of Leopard GM 9a581 Patched for Intel PCs (SSE3 ONLY) but have sse2...

Can I use this? OR will I need to find another copy...

aboldinu

aboldinu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
If you can replace the kernel with one patched for SSE2 you might be able to use it...at least from what I've heard. IMO we'll see some better DVDs come out with less fuss soon, such as the one from uphuck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy