Hackintosh logo i've made

Liran Koren

34 posts in this topic

Got an idea...

Any graphic desighner that wants to join up and design the hackintosh project. backrounds, icons, screensavers - all jast for hackintosh.

post your ideas I will post soon some projects i've been working on for desktop backrounds.

Meh. Not really a fan.

I feel the piece (aka the missing piece) should not be sticking out from the edges. I can see the intention, but it doesn't quite work. It's not quite rounded enough, either. Try copying the opposite side of the apple for symmetry.

Also, I don't find the text to be appropriate inside of the apple. My suggestion would be underneath. Experiment with different typography... the "The Missing Piece" is a little weak... and the whole piece makes little sense without this point.

Then, to finish everything off, the added piece of the apple should be a different color from the main apple. 'Hack' would be the same color of this piece, 'intosh' would be the same color as the rest of the apple.

But... that's just my opinion :rolleyes:

Meh. Not really a fan.

I feel the piece (aka the missing piece) should not be sticking out from the edges. I can see the intention, but it doesn't quite work. It's not quite rounded enough, either. Try copying the opposite side of the apple for symmetry.

Also, I don't find the text to be appropriate inside of the apple. My suggestion would be underneath. Experiment with different typography... the "The Missing Piece" is a little weak... and the whole piece makes little sense without this point.

Then, to finish everything off, the added piece of the apple should be a different color from the main apple. 'Hack' would be the same color of this piece, 'intosh' would be the same color as the rest of the apple.

But... that's just my opinion

That's it. I couldn't point out why I didn't really like it, but I think you hit it on the head of the nail.

Yeah, the colors are off. It should still have the Apple feeling... as that's what we all enjoy about Apple design. This doesn't. Try clicking through the Apple site... you might get a spark. But these colors must go.

Also, I really feel that the text should not be inside the Apple. Again, this doesn't maintain the Apple design standards.

My description of the "missing piece" must've been misunderstood. There should still be a gap between the two pieces, just not sticking out like the last one.

First... somthimg went wrong with the colors during upload - might be a problem with CMYK colors i will solve this soon.

There is a gap - not visibale on the preview.

I did try changing the location of the text - it didn't look good, i evev tryed to replace fonts with no help.

thanks for comants

Oh okay. I clicked on the preview... I see now.

The gap should ideally be the same size as the gap between the apple and the stem.

Here's another idea:

Try emulating after this:

http://1000logos.free.fr/M/Macintosh_logo.gif

Keep the Apple black, and color the missing piece like the classic apple logo (Horizontal "rainbow" stripes). This would differentiate the two pieces for sure and remain Classic Apple Design.

Keep the font weights the same in Hackintosh, too (don't bold Hack and not intosh).

Then, in Sans Serif-type font, add "The Missing Piece" below...maybe in all caps. Play around with letter spacing or character width to achieve proper balance. You could apply the same horizontal rainbow stripes to this text... maybe a thin black stroke for clarity.

You could also do a horizontal one like the following:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/images/macintoshlogo.jpg

but with the above style.

I don't have time... else I would do it myself. But who knows... maybe I'll find time and be able to contribute.

Cheers.

I think the problem with the text arrives because you are trying to keep the width of the Apple and the text the same.

If you remove these restrictions and don't hesitate to make the text larger and the apple smaller, it should work.

Again, like this logo:

http://1000logos.free.fr/M/Macintosh_logo.gif

Make Hackintosh a serif font.

Make The Missing Piece a sans serif font. The script one doesn't work.

The missing piece still looks like it needs some "planing"...

But this one is a massive improvement, good work.

Got an idea...

Any graphic desighner that wants to join up and design the hackintosh project. backrounds, icons, screensavers - all jast for hackintosh.

post your ideas I will post soon some projects i've been working on for desktop backrounds.

Here's a wallpaper for Intel hackintoshers.

post-19201-1194913748_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Now hello is to be sketched it sometimes in the time an official Hackintosh logo and there we we everything a piece of the apple bite off here now my logo for you, I am ready to send it to everybody as a Vector, for people from Germany I can send it to them as a ready sticker!

post-238671-1213985748_thumb.jpg

hi

it is good but i think in hackintosh you should take a part of apple and replace from another think you can perform your design with change color of that peace .

#ff0000

try this

:censored2:

good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...