• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

hilloki

hilloki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hey guys how does the mouse handle? I had a hard time using OS X because of the crappy mouse handling. Has this been improved on?

exscape

exscape

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Doesn't seem like it. SteerMouse is the first thing I install.

hilloki

hilloki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thats a shame, But thanks for the fast reply :)

aniphreak

aniphreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
mee to having a hard time on using mouse on tiger..thanks for the solution!

nightwalker

nightwalker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
are there any alternatives to steermouse? i like the program but can't seem to find a serial that works with it

keeps telling me the serial is expired then stops working :)

ooZberg

ooZberg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
One way is to use a Microsoft mouse with Microsoft drivers, then you will get the same acceleration curve as in windows. Works like a charm.

nightwalker

nightwalker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
but i have a logitech mouse ;)

and yes i've tried the logitech control centre...doesn't work with it, such a pain in the butt....why wouldn't they release a software that can work with all their devices...so stupid

Stony

Stony

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Search for USBOverdrive and you'll be happy :)

idividebyzero

idividebyzero

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
usb overdrive and steermouse cost way too much. You might as well get an entirely new mouse with OSX drivers for what they charge.

meecrob87

meecrob87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
You could try Controllermate its only like $15 and you can customize all your devices buttons (including your keyboard buttons, and other devices as well), and create your own acceleration curves. Definitely worth the money.

Germo Tammela

Germo Tammela

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have found an interasting thing about this problem. I Just bought cheap Logitech mouse (m-bj58) got it secondhand for 1€. Well, it has the acceleration thing and i hate it. Touchpad of my laptop is working Ok. I went to my work place where i have logitech m-bw112a and BAM! Everything is ok, no freaking acceleration. Cursor moves as fast as i move the mouse like it should. So it's related to the mouse you are useing.
So now is the time to find out, WHY M-BJ58 has acceleration and M-BW112A hasen't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy