L34p4rd x2

TeamToH

92 posts in this topic

Guest bikedude880
Sorry for the dense question: this means that those of us with SSE2 will soon be able to run Leopard well?

Yes, yes it does :D

I find it hilarious how you fail to mention who provided you with the files to do sse2 :)

And you failed to mention where you got them? ^_^

is there going to be sata support?

As always, this is a big yes (depending on the chipset of course). ICH8 users rejoice, you're now natively supported :D

but an SSE3 machine should also work, right? I read "SSE2 and AMD only" somewhere here...?

Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 are all supported. Unsure of the status on sleep for various machines, but I believe that is being worked on (along with 64bit support for non-SSSE3 cpus)

Thanks for the plug, you've earned a spot on my site :blink:

Do you know what tutorial or step by step guide will better match this release ?

Because from more than 2 weeks I try to install Leo any version on an AMD and it is a real nightmare

Tiger was very easy but Leo.......shame ! I'am anxious about operating mode.

Any link will be welcome

thanks

Leon

If I have a P4 3.0GHz SSE3 LGA 775 (Prescot I think... possibly conroe?) will it work well with Leopard, even though it is not 64bit? Also, will my GMA900 work well, has anyone tested this?

Thanks for all the work everyone has done. This is amazing that there is a patch so soon after (err... before) the final release!

Maybe some day I will be able to afford a shiny new MacBook. For now I enjoy the challenge of getting Mac to work on PCs.

Got it installed and working based off of the retail image with some patching onto a Core Duo laptop - minus the ipw3945abg wireless of course. Fat chance of getting that to work, ever.

Just waiting on AMD/SS3 patches for my real box.

Guest bikedude880
Kiko, it's funny to to see how you failed to mention who provided you with the sse3 emu... You do mean this source code right?:

SSE3 EMU Source Code

Obviously it's a bit more than that, but lets not get into what is and what isn't... let's just revel in the fact that it runs and that I was (mostly) wrong about the extra security :(

After helping with some of the after support on Tiger I can't wait to get my hands on leopard and work out any kinks with hardware/software. And bikedude if you see fit i would like to get this if it is in your possesion early so i know how to help people when it comes time.(No this isnt my old username and i dont get it until 8pm due to CST)

Wow Synthetix, sharing someone elses source. You're cool...

Synthetix, learn to share only things you create and only things you are allowed to. That was a really dumb move, thanks for letting Apple get a hold of our sources..

Oh, I'm sorry... When Maxxuss, Rufus, and eventually Lorem released it as "; This source is in the public domain. " I though that public domain meant it was free and in the public domain... my bad, I misunderstood what the original authors must have meant. And what do you mean by "our sources" This code wasn't written by you or anyone in your little "team."

Guest bikedude880

Jesus {censored} christ... how many threads have I started on this specific topic? No one gives a {censored} about your little squabbles. Keep them private! Lets keep this thread on track or close it down.

On topic though, DVD is 99% complete (honest :()

Holy :( you guys are cutting it close on making this dvd. I mean you got 3 hours and you havent got the final ready? What about doing a test install to make sure its working?

Im being sarcastic if no one gets it, i know how these things work

Guest bikedude880
Holy :( you guys are cutting it close on making this dvd. I mean you got 3 hours and you havent got the final ready? What about doing a test install to make sure its working?

Im being sarcastic if no one gets it, i know how these things work

Sarcasm goes a ways :(

Testing is that last percent

I figured that was it!!

I thought these poor people would be in need of a lightening of the mood in the final hours.

PS. If you need help testing PM me (i have 3 computers with different setups to test on) :(

One AMD, one SSE2, and one SSE3 (all 10.4.10 compatible)