problem booting 10.4.7?

felix

5 posts in this topic

I am trying ot install on a aspire 3502. Numerous attempt at installing natively failed, "still waiting for root device". I tried installing from vmware, I could only install upto 10.4/5 any higher version gave me kernel stack error when I tried to boot from dvd in vmware. I used my desktop and installed 10.4.7 on a vmware disk. Copied vmware disk over to an extenal drive and booted this version on aspire 3502. So far so good. Restored 10.4.7 from vmware disk to partition on aspire (disk0s3) using vmware. Now I have sis chipset. Sis website identified my chipsets as:

North Bridge Chipset: 661FX/661GX/M661MX

South Bridge Chipset: 963/963L

I have added the id 0x55131039 in the appleviaata.kext. After searching these forums repeatedly I found other users with the same chipset have had success getting thier os to boot or run much faster as it recognizes as sata.

Now here comes the problem, I boot from the hard disk and it loads to the point it gets boot device (appleviaata sata) the next line is:

BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 3

At this point it stops. The hard drive appears to be spinning but no activity? Left it for an hour and still nothing? I can however still boot from vmware. I have tried different combinations of boot flags, ( platform= acpi, x86pc -v -f -x -s) but still comes to this point.

At one point I used this exact flag platform=acpi -v and it booted?????? I had ethernet, no wireless, no audio which I was kind of excpecting the only thing I noticed was my 1.4gig cpu was listed as 1.6?? I proceeded to shut it down, put my kids to bed and when I tried to boot again back to the BSD root problem?? Have not been succesful to boot it again.

So here are my questions:

1. Is this still an issue with the chipset? I don't think so but I am by no means an expert. As I only added my id to the kext file I will try to replace the patched siskext file from bikedude I believe and see what happens.

2. Is there something I should look for in the line got boot device that would give me an idea of a problem?

3. After it gets boot device what happens? How does this continue, what is suppose to load or launch? Could it be an issue with the file system or disk?

4. And finally, why the hell did only boot once! What a tease. I can only assume if it did it once it should be able to run.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I would like to have a mobile hackintosh. Any where I can get more info on how osx boots and loads. Kind of a step by step for dummies hahaha. Thanks in advance.

I noticed when booting natively this is what I see:

VIA 5591 SATA ( CMD 0X1F0 CTR 0X3F4 IRQ 14 BM 0X1000)

VIA 5591 SATA ( CMD 0X170 CTR 0X374 IRQ 15 BM 0X1008)

Got boot device=IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE @2.5/AppleVIAATAROOT/IDE0@0/AppleVIAATDRIVER/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockstorageDriver/IOATABlockstorageDevice/IOBlockstorageDriver/IC25NO60ATMR04-0MEDIA/IOFDISKPARTITI

BSD ROOT: DISK0S3 MAJOR 14 MINOR 3

I observed booting this in vmware, after BSD ROOT: DISK0S3 MAJOR 14 MINOR 3 I see this:

launchd IOctl ( SIOCAIFADDR ipv6 ) file exsists

checking disk

mounting local file system

So natively it isn't finding this " launchd IOctl ( SIOCAIFADDR ipv6 ) file exsists" I assume to launch fdisk to check disk and then to mounting local file system. Is there a problem with the partition that will not boot natively but will boot in vmware ? Not sure why, but again I am by no means an expert. Any help is appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Hello....

I realize that this is an old post, however, I am stumped as to where else to look.

I have an acer aspire 3502LCI that I want to install os x on... preferably os x 10.6.4, but I realize that this may be asking too much....

has anybody had luck with this model as of yet? Please advise.

thanks,

oldefixuser

I am trying ot install on a aspire 3502. Numerous attempt at installing natively failed, "still waiting for root device". I tried installing from vmware, I could only install upto 10.4/5 any higher version gave me kernel stack error when I tried to boot from dvd in vmware. I used my desktop and installed 10.4.7 on a vmware disk. Copied vmware disk over to an extenal drive and booted this version on aspire 3502. So far so good. Restored 10.4.7 from vmware disk to partition on aspire (disk0s3) using vmware. Now I have sis chipset. Sis website identified my chipsets as:

North Bridge Chipset: 661FX/661GX/M661MX

South Bridge Chipset: 963/963L

I have added the id 0x55131039 in the appleviaata.kext. After searching these forums repeatedly I found other users with the same chipset have had success getting thier os to boot or run much faster as it recognizes as sata.

Now here comes the problem, I boot from the hard disk and it loads to the point it gets boot device (appleviaata sata) the next line is:

BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 3

At this point it stops. The hard drive appears to be spinning but no activity? Left it for an hour and still nothing? I can however still boot from vmware. I have tried different combinations of boot flags, ( platform= acpi, x86pc -v -f -x -s) but still comes to this point.

At one point I used this exact flag platform=acpi -v and it booted?????? I had ethernet, no wireless, no audio which I was kind of excpecting the only thing I noticed was my 1.4gig cpu was listed as 1.6?? I proceeded to shut it down, put my kids to bed and when I tried to boot again back to the BSD root problem?? Have not been succesful to boot it again.

So here are my questions:

1. Is this still an issue with the chipset? I don't think so but I am by no means an expert. As I only added my id to the kext file I will try to replace the patched siskext file from bikedude I believe and see what happens.

2. Is there something I should look for in the line got boot device that would give me an idea of a problem?

3. After it gets boot device what happens? How does this continue, what is suppose to load or launch? Could it be an issue with the file system or disk?

4. And finally, why the hell did only boot once! What a tease. I can only assume if it did it once it should be able to run.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I would like to have a mobile hackintosh. Any where I can get more info on how osx boots and loads. Kind of a step by step for dummies hahaha. Thanks in advance.