• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

igarocus

igarocus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
:D Hello friends! I install Tiger on PC but I do not hear any sounds! Please help me! I have Realtek ALC880 card but I do not understand how making this sound card working on macOs 10.4.8! Please help me! Please!! :)

Shredplayer

Shredplayer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
may Asus v6000 laptop uses ALC880 and it Mic/Line-in/out/Speaker works using Taruga's beta4some861_880models.zip

http://forum.insanel...o...t=0&start=0

igarocus

igarocus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thank you man! But please write me how to install this files and what files from this page I must download! Please write me because before I use only Windows! Please!!!

Shredplayer

Shredplayer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Download beta4some861_880models.zip and unzip the archive then
drag ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

open Terminal

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

igarocus

igarocus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thank you man! But please write me where I can find beta4some861_880models?? Please!! ;)

igarocus

igarocus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
i find and remove extracting files from beta4some861_880models.zip and move to /System/Library/Extensions! But what this means???

Please write me what what must I do then when I move foles to System/Library/Extensions??? And also when I restart my system I have message that drivers can not be use!!

Shredplayer

Shredplayer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
it can be use because of permission error, you have to use the terminal to fix the permission.

igarocus

igarocus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thank you friends! My sound card on MacOS work better then in Windows! Thank you!! But can this be use in Leopard???

artless

artless

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i'm a little confused. i have an A6JC (which i assume also uses ALC880).

I did all of the above and my computer can now recognize that I have a line in, built in mic, and output; but i get zero sound whatsoever. the only sound i get is a weird, flat, thump sound whenever macosx starts up.

I also have a question, when I open terminal and put in the first command, it asks for a password; but the last three don't. Have I done something wrong?

Smithcraft

Smithcraft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Artless, once you verify yourself the first time, you don't have to do it each time, until you start a new terminal session or something like that.

Now with my set up, System Profiler shows 'No Built-in Audio.' in the Audio tab, which is what it did before following the above steps, and I don't get sound out of the headphone connection in the front of the computer. At minimum I am getting sound out of the Line Out in the back of the computer. I haven't tested the other sound out/in functions.

So, my question is - Should System Profiler still show 'No Built-in Audio?'

SC

alh

alh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

my Asus v6000 laptop uses ALC880 and it Mic/Line-in/out/Speaker works using Taruga's beta4some861_880models.zip

Hi. Do you mean you can get sound out through both built-in speakers and headphone jack?
I own an Asus A6Va and I used that same Taruga's file too, but I can't get the sound on external speakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy