Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Im thinking of making a SIMPLE tutorial on how to make your own DVD. I just found that Mac.Nub had toooo many options, especially if you have never installed OSX. I myself didnt know what opetions to select - so i selected NONE.

The problem is not that there are to many options. The problem is that there is to little info regarding what the options are good for. This is not just about the mac.nub (excellent release) disc, it applies to all of them.

There is no place to go that lists what hardware works with which option.

Osx86 used to have section that had info on hardware, but it hasn't been updated in ages.

Each option (during install) has a space for descritions. This would be a GREAT place to add information on generic hardware that is compatible with that option.

For instance, on some install discs there is a option called something like ATIGeneric. To me that says it's lowest common denominator for ALL ATI cards. Is it? Or is it only for X1x00 series? x2x00? Radeon? The description field would be a GREAT place for that info.

A Web based database with a listing of option and compatible hardware would make it easy for developers and beta testers to compile information for inclusion on future distros.

These two things in combination would cut out TONS of "will it work with" questions.

One more idea would be to also include this info in a .nfo file external to to the main torrent file so that once the torrent is found you could download only the .nfo file first.

Just an idea...

I couldn't find an answer to my question is this thread, so I'm posting it now. I can't seem to do anything in this release. It boots off the DVD fine, but then when I try to partition the HD, it'll sit there with that evil spinning wheel for a good 30-45 minutes, and then it'll say the operation timed out.

Any ideas?

After burning the iso to a bootable dvd, this is what I get when I try to boot from it:

Boot from CD:

1. FD 1.44MB System Type-(06)

Starting Caldera DR-DOS...

EMM386 3.27 Copyright © 1992, 1998 Caldera, inc. All Rights Reserved.

EMM386: Warning: Adress line A20 already enabled.

_

That underscore, of course, blinking.

I can't do anything; from there I have to turn off my system and take out the DVD.

Does any of that look familiar to anyone; can anyone offer me some assistance? What the hell is Caldera?

n00b alert :)

i got stuck when the installation process didnt find any hard drive on "select destination" screen. please help

There is no useful information in your post that could lead to an answer! Maybe you should get aware of the fact that not every hardware setup is supported. Start posting with hardware setup, mobo and in your case especially the chipset (in detail the southbridge) OR the (maybe) external controller your drive is connected to!

After burning the iso to a bootable dvd, this is what I get when I try to boot from it:

I can't do anything; from there I have to turn off my system and take out the DVD.

Does any of that look familiar to anyone; can anyone offer me some assistance? What the hell is Caldera?

Caldera is a company... DR-DOS is a clone/competitor of MS-DOS. Are you using Nero? Looks like you made a DOS bootable CD instead. Nero comes with an ISO file just for that.

I suppose you downloaded some kind of {censored}/fake! When booting off cd you should see the first line starting with "Darwin"... get a verified copy from a trusted source and verify the MD5!

EDIT: The previous poster could be right... :) Just burn the image as you would burn every iso...

There is no useful information in your post that could lead to an answer! Maybe you should get aware of the fact that not every hardware setup is supported. Start posting with hardware setup, mobo and in your case especially the chipset (in detail the southbridge) OR the (maybe) external controller your drive is connected to!

My laptop is fujitsu-siemens amilo Pi1505, intel GMA 950, 128mb VRAM, core duo T2050 80GIG sata running XP, 2GIG ram. hope that helps

Hey rage, could you read-off your com.apple.boot to me?

Its reside in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist.

Use textedit to open the file.

tried locating it and realised i'm just wasting everyone's time coz i don't know where to locate it ;) I''ve successfully created and booted the iso image on dvd, everything works until i'm asked to "select destination,"where no hard drives are displayed. I also made a logical partition drive, and have an external hard drive connected just to see if they'll be recognised.

Rage,

There are a lot of resources if you just search....

My first thought is you haven't tried to use disk utility to format your drive/partition. If you have tried and disk utility is not seeing any drives then you have bios setting issues and your SATA should be set for AHCI. If you would look at the wiki (www.osx86project.org) you would find numerous install guides that can help you find your way.

SMF

What options do I want to select in the installer if this is my hardware:

Intel C2D E6600 CPU

Asus P5B-Deluxe Motherboard (Intel P965 Chipset)

nVidia 8800 GTX

Creative Soundblaster X-Fi (can I even this use? if not, onboard sound is OK, I guess)

hello!!

i have a problem with the installation of tiger, I think the problem is about my partitions, i can install perfecli, but when boot the first time only apears balck scree and the Horz blinking in the upper left corner...

my configuration is

MOBO Intel 945GTP

P Intel Pentium D 3.2

VC Nvidia 6500 PCIe

HD 2 hds 160gb+320gb .........I had partitioned in 2 parts the for for linux installation(with grub, but in the partiotion not in the MBR) and the second part for OSX86....

Any body can helpme

When it gets ready to start installing it sits for a couple minutes then a error comes saying that the installation process could not be completed. What do i do?

Also what configuration of files should i have?

CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe

MOBO- ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

GPU- EVGA 320-P2-N817-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

MONITOR- SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22"

i've got an evga 680i mobo, would the install work if i try and install on an idwe hdd? what about networking would it work aswell?

Got the same mobo and didn't work for me :)

680i seems to be very troublesome with Mac OS.

The Leopard dvd install won't even boot (it starts loading but then the computer just reboots instead of going to the Leopard install interface) ;)

The furtherst I've been is 10.4.9 with the 10.4.8 kernel, thats it, past this, then impossible for me to get it to work ><

And I tried all versions (mac.nub, XxX, Uphuck, etc...). Only the Jas seems to work.

I have a little problem with this release, it installs very well, and boots fine, but right after the blue screen with "starting MAc os x", a black screen appears (like as it was started with -v) and the PC continues to access the HD.

No GUI at all.

Hi!

Sorry about my bad English..

I got mac.nub’s OSx86 Tiger - 10.4.10 - Version 1, Revision 5 Install DVD.

No problems with instalation.

BUT when I start my system (after instalation) it hangs up on

[HCIController][setupHardware] AFH Is Supported

I tried boot with -f and the same happened.

What I need to do?

Abit FATAL1TY S775 NF650I SLI

Intel Pentium 4 (3.06 GHz) 524

MSI GF 8600 GT PCI-E 256MB OVERCLOCKED EDITION

1 GB DDR2 RAM 667

post-125373-1193841466_thumb.jpg