Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Yes, it should work fine on your 680i board, due to the fixed kernel :P

Only thing I couldn't fix with this kenel is the reboots (at least on my 650 SLi board) - it still doesn't reboot properly... it gets to the MACH Reboot stage (if you look at the process in verbose mode) then just does nothing, so you have to press the reset button after it gets to there! - It shuts down fine though.

~mac.nub

I can live with the reboot thing, not a problem. Looking forward to use your release. :)

Btw, how is the performance on your pc?

P.S. I just read your 'About Me' section, you are just 19 yrs old .. wow :P

79GTX - The performace on my PC is staggerlingly fast, i'm not really sure what I can compare it to... it's a lot faster than XP/Vista... and I haven't tried any Linux distro's on it recently so can't compare it to them. Hmm, the best example I can think of is that Adobe Flash CS3 loads in about 2 seconds. XBench score is around 200 without the hard drive test.

NYC Coyote - Katana? - No it doesn't, why would you want it to though? It doesn't enable QE/CI! - However if you read the Graphics Card install options, you will see there are two x1300 install options.

• ATI x1x00 & x1x00 AGP support
  • Natit x1300, x1600/1650, x1800

~mac.nub

Devilhood, could you let us know what system you have and what if any problems you had?

That's no prob, my setup is:

CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, 3200 MHz (10 x 320) works

Motherboard Name: Asus P5W64 WS Pro (2 PCI, 4 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394) works

System Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM) works

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (768 MB) full QE/CI and resolution change with driver on disc

Monitor: BenQ FP241W Z (Digital) [24" LCD] (172012160) initializes perfectly

Monitor: Dell 2007WFP (Digital) [20" LCD] (HF73269807PL) needs hot-plugging otherwise hangs with blue screen

Audio Adapter: Analog Devices AD1988B @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1] works only in stereo with azalia driver

Audio Adapter: Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic/Platinum Sound Card not working

IDE Controller: Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF recognized fine

Storage Controller: Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller works

Storage Controller: Marvell 61xx Marvell RAID Controller unknown

Storage Controller: Marvell RAID Console unknown

Optical Drive: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A works

Optical Drive: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182D works

Network Adapter: Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller works with marvell network option

Network Adapter: Marvell Yukon 88E8052 PCI-E ASF Gigabit Ethernet Controller works with manual plist edit after install

Peripheral: Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard works

Peripheral: Razer Copperhead Mouse works

Peripheral: Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 works but with no gain controls

Peripheral: Logitech Desktop Microphone works

Originally the 88E8052 patch was going to be included on the disc but I forgot to send mac.nub the file in time :D

ICH7-R works fine in ACHI mode but obviously doesn't recognize any RAID setups. If you have a RAID setup on this controller the Mac will prompt you to either Initialize, Ignore or Eject the drives. You can safely click Ignore but it will always prompt you everytime you restart (annoying but I can live with it).

Anyways, great disc, applied all the latest Software Updates, been playing around with the new Office BETA, Adobe CS3, iLife '08 and Logic Studio 8 so far with my M-Audio Firewire 410 and it works great ;)

Pawel.

:angel:

Waiting .......

Waiting .......

Waiting .......

Patiently for this release...........

Is it done yet !!!?!?!?!?!!!

:D LOL!!!!

But seriously if all goes well this could be the answer to several prayers.....

Drivers List

ATA & USB

• IOATAFamily – v1.7.1
  • Generic PATA/SATA support (All in one) - ICH8, 8R, 7, 7R, 6, 5, 4, VIA, nForce, Silicon Image, ATI, SB4xx
  • ICH7-R, ICH8-R, ICH8
  • Jmicron
  • VIA SATA/ATA
  • ATI ATA, ATI ATA & IOATAFamily
  • nForce SATA
  • USB, Generic USB ECHI Controller

~mac.nub

Quick question....

Will this disc install to SATA drives natively..... ;)

I had to patch the Uphuck install disc to enable this feature for my motherboard.

Thanks in advance

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks in advance. I have had pretty good results with this or that version of 10.4.8 and even 10.4.9 but usually by the time i have updated to 10.4.10 things start going bad. If this works, it could save me a lot of time and headaches with the other releases. Mac.nub, you might be providing better support then apple does! keep up the good work, its much appriciated.

-genzai

Akiro - Simple answer is it should do... I can't guarantee it will for every SATA configuration, but it certianly will for most. It has worked on all those it's been tested on.

genzai - Cheers ;)

~mac.nub

Hey Mac.nub, perfect timing :D

wanted to insall an OSX86, but all the other releases have something or the other than i don't like, i'm pretty much an osx86 noob, but i know my *nix

question, will these work and if so, could you please tell me why (i.e. which one of the options/kexts do i have to check when i install)

CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 @1.83GHZ (should work)

System Memory: 2048 MB (should work)

Video Adapter: NVidia GeForce Go 7600

Monitor: Generic PnP monitor (should work)

Audio Adapter:Conexant High Definition Audio (should work)

IDE Controller: Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA controller

Storage Controller: Intel 82801G (IH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controller (should work)

Optical Drive: Slimtype DVD ATA Device

Network Adapter: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG Network connection

USB:Intel 82801GB USB Universal host controller

idem: Intel PRO/1000 PL Network connection

Peripheral: Synaptic PS/2 Port Touchpad

// Laptop: HP DV9000t

My main concernis that i am not sure which things i have to check when installing.

*specifically for my gfx card and wireless card.

* Oh, and i am installing this with my dual boot Vista & linux, this shouldn't be a problem since i already set 26gb as a primary partition for osx right? (loading via GRUB)

Thanks in advance!

Hi mac.nub can i check if the new release supports the Intel wireless chipset? 3945 & older? what about bluetooth support? Will i get to select which network to log on & with WEP?

Thanks, i'm also looking forward eagerly for the release cos i've been trying to upgrade my existing Jas 10.4.8 with no success.

cheers!! :-)

Hi mac.nub can i check if the new release supports the Intel wireless chipset? 3945 & older? what about bluetooth support? Will i get to select which network to log on & with WEP?Thanks, i'm also looking forward eagerly for the release cos i've been trying to upgrade my existing Jas 10.4.8 with no success.cheers!! :-)
There is no support for 3945 yet, in the first post there i a list of supported network adapters no Intel ones if you really read it.Bluetooth support is standard on Mac OS X, it depends more on your device since there are no options or third party drivers, but the majority of devices works, I have arround 6 diferent USB bluetooth dongles and they all work.I read that the integrated Bluetooth of the Dell XPS 1210 does not work. So tell us which one do you have and maybe we can tell if it would work.
Hi, I am new over here. Can I install Mac OS on my Dell XPS 1210 Laptop? Can somebody guide me?
There is a guide that talks about your Rig:The Complete Dell XPS m1210 Installation + Dual Boot Tutorial

PHARAOHSD:

I got a sony vaio with the same gfx card and I got a lot of problems: it's recognized only with nvidia inject and there is no QE or CI and no resolution change. Am I alone? should I trash the laptop? :D

Found the driver here http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/NEW/7600Go.v2.zip

There is no support for 3945 yet, in the first post there i a list of supported network adapters no Intel ones if you really read it.

NOT TRUE! (well kinda... :D )

found this http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ the 3945 is "experimental" // Haven't tried it yet...so can't say

**NOTE, i do not know the policy of osx86, i'm asuming that posting these links is allowed, but torrent links aren't

Only one thing wanna ask about this version, which is it working for P35 with Intel ICH9R ???

Actually, successfully installed JaS 10.4.8 x86 DVD, but unfortunatellly Sound ,and Internet doesn't work at all...

don't know how to deal with the issues...

also, one suggestion for this version of DVD: Could you guys can make the installation option as simple as pissible ?

due to current x86 dvd we've got, the installation options so confused me... so that, in order to guess a right option for my pc , i had to continue to install it even several times....for guessing the suitable drivers....

however, hope this one works with P35 board and ICH9R ....anyway...

^^