Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
721 replies to this topic

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 807 posts
AMD or Intel?

Orfeus

Orfeus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
TWO question --- WHEN? When we can download this DVD & HOW? How we can downlad this DVD?

ninjapig

ninjapig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
@Orfeus Learn how to read, October 26th is written all over the thread

@mac.nub
Damn. Nice.

I have a new Intel dell system inspiron 530, and so far no install DVD other than tubgirl's AMD release has been able to successfully go to the installation without the waiting for root device error(i don't wanna install AMD on an Intel).

Anyway you can make your release Dell friendly??(i realize i'm asking a lot from you here)

Pretty please?

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
The Baron - Isn't everyone's? :mellow:

Vimes - The audio driver isn't built in, however as far as I'm aware installation on your motherboard should be fine, I'm pretty sure I added ICH9 SATA support to the installer... if not, let me know and i'll release a PPF that adds it.

macgirl - Haha, nice to know. Personally I'd prefer a Leo GM leak, then again... I already have this :gun:

Probe53 - Currently, I have not built in AMD support, as i've not got an AMD machine to test it on... you *could* try installing it and then replacing the kernel with an AMD one... but I don't think that would work, as I beleive you need a few different decrypted system files... maybe at some point in the future? - Have you tried Kalyway's Install DVD with PPF1? I beleive that should work for you.

mauro19 - It pretty much was actually, for several days.

Slip Kid - Currently Intel only, as is says in the topic title.

Orfeus - As ninjapig said, by the 26th October. As for how, via torrent, and I may also possibly upload it to rapidshare, or something like that.

ninjapig - Interesting, apparently it uses a P35 Chipset, I do not know which one, as I couldn't find out. However this DVD *should* be pretty P35 friendly, so you may well be in luck. As for graphics, the Integrated Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3100 currently has no Tiger drivers as far as i'm aware... so you may well be out of luck for that, and i'm not even sure the card options they gave were OSx86 compatible...

~mac.nub

devilhood

devilhood

My grain is not migraine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:toes
I'm BETA testing this at the mo' and give the thumbs up!

It is by far the most organized disc I have ever seen. No extra 3rd party {censored}, just the stuff we need!

macdotnub is teh r0x0r :mellow:

Orfeus

Orfeus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
"The release date for this DVD will be at the latest 26th October, provided the last beta tester confirms everything is fine on his sytem."-Hm? Is this coincidence? Offical release date of Mac Leopard is 26 Oct. too. :mellow:

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
It's purely coincidence actually, but it is pretty cool :P

~mac.nub

79GTX

79GTX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yes, it should work fine on your 680i board, due to the fixed kernel :P

Only thing I couldn't fix with this kenel is the reboots (at least on my 650 SLi board) - it still doesn't reboot properly... it gets to the MACH Reboot stage (if you look at the process in verbose mode) then just does nothing, so you have to press the reset button after it gets to there! - It shuts down fine though.

~mac.nub

I can live with the reboot thing, not a problem. Looking forward to use your release. :)

Btw, how is the performance on your pc?

P.S. I just read your 'About Me' section, you are just 19 yrs old .. wow :P

NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Will this release incorporate Katana for us users who have ATI cards like the x1300 and so on?

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
79GTX - The performace on my PC is staggerlingly fast, i'm not really sure what I can compare it to... it's a lot faster than XP/Vista... and I haven't tried any Linux distro's on it recently so can't compare it to them. Hmm, the best example I can think of is that Adobe Flash CS3 loads in about 2 seconds. XBench score is around 200 without the hard drive test.

NYC Coyote - Katana? - No it doesn't, why would you want it to though? It doesn't enable QE/CI! - However if you read the Graphics Card install options, you will see there are two x1300 install options.

• ATI x1x00 & x1x00 AGP support
  • Natit x1300, x1600/1650, x1800

~mac.nub

jasoncheesemanuk

jasoncheesemanuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Devilhood, could you let us know what system you have and what if any problems you had?

marliwahoo

marliwahoo

Marliwahoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Some other folks did not include rosetta.

Does this include rosetta ?

Either way - thanks.

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
marliwahoo - Haha. Yes it does indeed. I'd never release a version of OS X without Rosetta. That's like releasing Windows Vista to the public before SP1! ;)

devilhood

devilhood

My grain is not migraine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:toes

Devilhood, could you let us know what system you have and what if any problems you had?

That's no prob, my setup is:

CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, 3200 MHz (10 x 320) works
Motherboard Name: Asus P5W64 WS Pro (2 PCI, 4 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394) works
System Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM) works

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (768 MB) full QE/CI and resolution change with driver on disc
Monitor: BenQ FP241W Z (Digital) [24" LCD] (172012160) initializes perfectly
Monitor: Dell 2007WFP (Digital) [20" LCD] (HF73269807PL) needs hot-plugging otherwise hangs with blue screen

Audio Adapter: Analog Devices AD1988B @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1] works only in stereo with azalia driver
Audio Adapter: Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic/Platinum Sound Card not working

IDE Controller: Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF recognized fine
Storage Controller: Intel 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller works
Storage Controller: Marvell 61xx Marvell RAID Controller unknown
Storage Controller: Marvell RAID Console unknown
Optical Drive: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A works
Optical Drive: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182D works

Network Adapter: Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller works with marvell network option
Network Adapter: Marvell Yukon 88E8052 PCI-E ASF Gigabit Ethernet Controller works with manual plist edit after install

Peripheral: Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard works
Peripheral: Razer Copperhead Mouse works
Peripheral: Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 works but with no gain controls
Peripheral: Logitech Desktop Microphone works

Originally the 88E8052 patch was going to be included on the disc but I forgot to send mac.nub the file in time :D

ICH7-R works fine in ACHI mode but obviously doesn't recognize any RAID setups. If you have a RAID setup on this controller the Mac will prompt you to either Initialize, Ignore or Eject the drives. You can safely click Ignore but it will always prompt you everytime you restart (annoying but I can live with it).

Anyways, great disc, applied all the latest Software Updates, been playing around with the new Office BETA, Adobe CS3, iLife '08 and Logic Studio 8 so far with my M-Audio Firewire 410 and it works great ;)

Pawel.

Akiro

Akiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:angel:
Waiting .......
Waiting .......
Waiting .......
Patiently for this release...........

Is it done yet !!!?!?!?!?!!!
:D LOL!!!!

But seriously if all goes well this could be the answer to several prayers.....

BinaryGrind

BinaryGrind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So going by your Current system sig, that on release my Delac Inspiron e1505 will be supported straight off the burn?

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
BinaryGrind - Yes, it will work fine, you can even use the 8.10.3 kernel with out any problems on a Inspiron e1505's. Just remember to boot with CPUS=1!

~mac.nub

Akiro

Akiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Drivers List

ATA & USB

• IOATAFamily v1.7.1
  • Generic PATA/SATA support (All in one) - ICH8, 8R, 7, 7R, 6, 5, 4, VIA, nForce, Silicon Image, ATI, SB4xx
  • ICH7-R, ICH8-R, ICH8
  • Jmicron
  • VIA SATA/ATA
  • ATI ATA, ATI ATA & IOATAFamily
  • nForce SATA
  • USB, Generic USB ECHI Controller
~mac.nub

Quick question....
Will this disc install to SATA drives natively..... ;)
I had to patch the Uphuck install disc to enable this feature for my motherboard.
Thanks in advance

genzai

genzai

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks in advance. I have had pretty good results with this or that version of 10.4.8 and even 10.4.9 but usually by the time i have updated to 10.4.10 things start going bad. If this works, it could save me a lot of time and headaches with the other releases. Mac.nub, you might be providing better support then apple does! keep up the good work, its much appriciated.

-genzai

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Akiro - Simple answer is it should do... I can't guarantee it will for every SATA configuration, but it certianly will for most. It has worked on all those it's been tested on.

genzai - Cheers ;)

~mac.nub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy