VMWare + OS X: hangs at waiting for device

38 posts in this topic

Did you notice that in the guide it says "..Looks something like this" or similar in reference to the example cfg file? Meaning that its not gonna look exactly like it. I've had hundreds of people succcesfully install using the guide and no one has complained about the cfg file yet.

For that line through the Apple logo, this sounds obvious but restart the VM. I had that line thing too and I restarted the VM and it never ame back again.

Well.."..Looks something like this" Can mean anything, besides you did leave out alot of other stuff in the guide that you told me to do before and , What do you mean but "this sounds obvious" Like i'am suppose to know? i never seen it before doing a non vmware install.

Well did you try restarting the VM?

=-=-=-=-=-=-

P.S. Please stop complaining. I understand that it is frustrating trying so many things and nothing working but this is going over on the wrong side <_>

I did not mean to offend you by saying "this sounds obvious". And about the guide leaving out "a lot of other stuff" Hmm...I wonder if you took a look at MY VMWARE TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE. Please research before you say that the guide is useless. Most people did not need ANY help and the guide alone was enough to get it working.

Just to let eveyone know, 10.4.10 does indeed work on vmware.

I am currently running it on XP Pro, using vmware server 1.0.4.

I followed the pcwiz instructions, but with one addition, when you partition the disk, you have to go into the partition options and choose MBR, then it works fine.

Mayakovski

First of all, 10.4.10 does not work with VMware so use something that does work like JaS 10.4.8.

Then follow my guide:

http://######.com/software/vmwareosx86.htm