le0p4rd

asap18

70 posts in this topic

Just a word of warning to you guys, when a disk says verification fails, dont pop it in and install with it (i just did, and :s)

i should stop being such a cheapass :P, now im stuck without a finder and a half tiger half leopard installation :o LIGER :P

Someone with 9a559 installed, fire up Terminal and execute "sysctl -A". Post/Screenshot the first 4 values or so, and then we can compare them to those showing on the original post.

After doing a bit of researching (since you refused to elaborate yourself), it appears those values, as indicated here, are apparently unchangeable:

Name | Type | Changeable

kern.ostype | string | no

kern.osrelease | string | no

kern.osrevision | integer | no

kern.version | string | no

Given that, I'm certainly more inclined to believe, but don't have anything to readily compare that with, besides Tiger.

Edit: I'm gonna go ahead and restore my 9a559 dmg, for my own pleasure, to a partition and simply boot into the installer. I'd assume a simple check with the terminal there might be able to clue me in...

Why bother mate, they're not gonna do it anyways...

They don't have the freaking Leopard. Nobody does. End of story!

Someone with 9a559 installed, fire up Terminal and execute "sysctl -A". Post/Screenshot the first 4 values or so, and then we can compare them to those showing on the original post.

After doing a bit of researching (since you refused to elaborate yourself), it appears those values, as indicated here, are apparently unchangeable:

Name | Type | Changeable

kern.ostype | string | no

kern.osrelease | string | no

kern.osrevision | integer | no

kern.version | string | no

Given that, I'm certainly more inclined to believe, but don't have anything to readily compare that with, besides Tiger.

Edit: I'm gonna go ahead and restore my 9a559 dmg, for my own pleasure, to a partition and simply boot into the installer. I'd assume a simple check with the terminal there might be able to clue me in...

It doesn't matter; they could have easily just used sysctl -A > fakesysctl, nano fakesysctl, edit what they want, then cat fakesysctl to get those results instead of sysctl -A.

Cdnalsi, hes asking for 559 which is freely available on the internet. and darcagn, ask me to do something which cant be faked, but actually you know what? why am i even bothering trying to proove to you what i already have? Yet you are all so pigheaded that you dont believe there are flaws in apples distribution system.

Cdnalsi, hes asking for 559 which is freely available on the internet. and darcagn, ask me to do something which cant be faked, but actually you know what? why am i even bothering trying to proove to you what i already have? Yet you are all so pigheaded that you dont believe there are flaws in apples distribution system.

I'm not going to ask you to do so because I know you don't have it. 13 year olds and retards don't get their hands on the Leopard beta, and anyone trying to flaunt it like this is one of those. By the way, you posted something incorrect about the GM in the Leopard forum.

If you really want to show that you have it, B) upload it.

559 is available on the pirate bay you {censored}tard. And what did i post incorrect on the leopard forum, the itunes scrollbars? I think i would have better knowledge of it than yourself considering im running it. Heres a screenie of me running leopard gm (no finder as i installed from a borked dvd)

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1mw0.png

If there really IS a so called flaw in the apple distribution system, how come only 1 guy has it on the entire planet??

Or, I'm sorry, one "group" of very "lucky" and "special" guys/galls.

Bullcrap! If there was a leak we would have all seen it on Demonoid, TPB, isoHunt etc etc etc etc.

Wake and grow up.

edit: Kiko - everything on that screen can be and was Photoshopped. Do you want me to do it again like I did on the first page? Common.

You know screenshots suck. Either you upload it - but of course you will not because you don't have it - either mods close this thread and that's that.

i hate camino B), should be fixed now

Cdnalsi, you want a "leak" like earlier yesterday? If you want i can make a dmg full of zeroes and seed it. You are the one who seems to have absolutely no idea in the way software releases work, you do not release a file on a public tracker with just one seeder, ever. You distribute it amongst yourselves, put it on servers and then you seed. Ever wonder why every other release has had multiple seeders from the start?. That wy the original seeders can seed quickly then disconnect, instead of hanging around for days waiting for apple inc. to knock on thier door. Why would anything show up on demonoid? its a piece of {censored} which co-operates with apple. TPB has to many people, and after the mediadefender issue i doubt anyone would put it on that site, isohunt is in the same boat. You will see it on oink first, with multiple seeders as usual.How can we have the GM? well im sure lots of people have the GM but they arent interested in spreading it world wide. I know people who are apple employees, i could have gotten it from them, i could have gotten it from other sources as well. I think you are just pissed off due to the fact that you got all excited (probably) over the fake torrent on TPB and dont want to look like a fool again. Well you seem to be doing a good job the exact opposite.

Edit: Cdnalsi, i am a long time member, why the {censored} would i waste my time, and everyone elses time photoshopping a picture? What do i have to gain out of all this? 1337 status? Hah you have got to be kidding, Stop trolling and get {censored}ed. You dont believe it, good on you, im not saying any of you have to believe it. But im hoping that at least some of you know me well enough to see that i am telling the truth. Let me re-iterate this, I have nothing, nada, zip, zilch to gain out of tricking you folks, If i wanted to do something like that i would have already uploaded a false copy onto a torrent site.

559 is available on the pirate bay you {censored}tard. And what did i post incorrect on the leopard forum, the itunes scrollbars? I think i would have better knowledge of it than yourself considering im running it. Heres a screenie of me running leopard gm (no finder as i installed from a borked dvd)

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1mw0.png

I'm not talking about 559, I'm quite aware that it's available online considering I'm running it right now.

Yes, the iTunes scrollbars. Watch the Leopard guide video on Apple's website. He's running the GM. He even has the uberproof theater chair Front Row icon. He runs iTunes and proves you wrong.

Mods, please lock this thread.

no, no, no Aeden, i got the terminal output from 559 guessed the kernel build date, and photoshopped a 1920x1200 image out of it. Get real guys B)

Heres what cdnalsi can do, he can wait at home watching moshnoka and then go out on saturday and buy it. He can pop the dvd in and install it, and then type uname -a and be amazed that the kernel build date and time is exactly the same as the one in the screenshots, but then again, i dont really have the GM, none of us do. I just used my psychic powers to become enlightened of the exact build date.

i hate camino :P, should be fixed nowCdnalsi, you want a "leak" like earlier yesterday? If you want i can make a dmg full of zeroes and seed it. You are the one who seems to have absolutely no idea in the way software releases work, you do not release a file on a public tracker with just one seeder, ever. You distribute it amongst yourselves, put it on servers and then you seed. Ever wonder why every other release has had multiple seeders from the start?. That wy the original seeders can seed quickly then disconnect, instead of hanging around for days waiting for apple inc. to knock on thier door. Why would anything show up on demonoid? its a piece of {censored} which co-operates with apple. TPB has to many people, and after the mediadefender issue i doubt anyone would put it on that site, isohunt is in the same boat. You will see it on oink first, with multiple seeders as usual.How can we have the GM? well im sure lots of people have the GM but they arent interested in spreading it world wide. I know people who are apple employees, i could have gotten it from them, i could have gotten it from other sources as well. I think you are just pissed off due to the fact that you got all excited (probably) over the fake torrent on TPB and dont want to look like a fool again. Well you seem to be doing a good job the exact opposite.

Dude you need to calm down, otherwise you'll look like more foolish than you do now.

First off, let me explain something to you. I've been living off/with pirated software my entire life. Now that I can afford a Mac, I'd like to NOT HAVE the main OS from a stupid leak or something like that. I'm going to buy it of course, on Friday. I don't need a leak.

I know how the whole seeding business goes. Like I said, I've been doing it all my life.

Again, I don't care if you can get it from Apple employees, or whatever sources you've got. I don't give a rats ass.

But the whole attitude of "I have it but YOU CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE, I AM GOD - YOU ALL ARE MY PEASANTS" really pisses me off, because this is NOT what this forum is supposed to be about.

Alright, you have it, go stick it in your ass, I don't care. I don't believe you either, but that's my problem.

So butt-off, and let us contribute to the community as we did before this whole thread started, alright?

Cheers! B)

whoa whoa whoa, calm down boy. I never once said "I HAVE IT, NA NI NA NI NA NA. YOU CANT FIND IT hehehehe ", i came in completely reasonable saying, its true. And i havent seen you doing any contributing to the community, i mean whose kernel / updates will people use for Leopard? Certainly not yours, it will be one of ours, np101137, me or netkas's. Thats a whole lot more contributing than your trolling threads and starting wars.

no, no, no Aeden, i got the terminal output from 559 guessed the kernel build date, and photoshopped a 1920x1200 image out of it. Get real guys B)

I meant that the apparent difference implies that you're not speaking blasphemy. I'm not at all that skeptical, at this point, anymore. You misconstrued the post - I'm not attacking your claim anymore :P . Your attitude is always, from what I've seen, a bit rough...but hey, I can't quite poke holes in your claims at this point.