le0p4rd

asap18

70 posts in this topic

But believing you have a 11"mbp does. Kallis, i dont want to release it so soon as i might get {censored}ed for doing so. When the whole group decides, then we release it :P

Clearly you didn't get my drift. So why don't you just drop it, okay?

Like you have Leopard, how do you know I'm not Steve Job's secret {censored} Lover and he made me a special 11" Macbook Pro?? :)

(please don't quote me on that) Hahah!!! :(

Anyways, for Kiko: The above was A JOKE. I really hope you get it this time! :D

Anyways again,

When what group decides what? Everybody's going to buy it on Friday. So if you had it, you would have something to prove by releasing it now. But you don't. So it's all talk, no walk! :D

This is the internet, where blind faith is stupid, which is why all us "dumbasses" would choose skepticism over simply indulging you in "OMG GIMMEEEEE" or something of that nature. You can't blame us, since just about anybody can change a couple of numbers in a pref file.

If you shotted/posted the PDF of "Welcome to Leopard" or something, which we could then compare ourselves on Friday to what we see with the copies from Apple...that's all you'd need to have your proof that you were über awesome and able to get the build a measly few days before the rest of us.

Someone with 9a559 installed, fire up Terminal and execute "sysctl -A". Post/Screenshot the first 4 values or so, and then we can compare them to those showing on the original post.

After doing a bit of researching (since you refused to elaborate yourself), it appears those values, as indicated here, are apparently unchangeable:

Name | Type | Changeable

kern.ostype | string | no

kern.osrelease | string | no

kern.osrevision | integer | no

kern.version | string | no

Given that, I'm certainly more inclined to believe, but don't have anything to readily compare that with, besides Tiger.

Edit: I'm gonna go ahead and restore my 9a559 dmg, for my own pleasure, to a partition and simply boot into the installer. I'd assume a simple check with the terminal there might be able to clue me in...