Adium X Official Universal Binary

cavemonkey50

27 posts in this topic

The official universal binary of Adium X was just released by the developers. They did a nice job compiling it for us so we don't have any more unoffical builds.

Go get it here: http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/AdiumBeta

Unfortunately sound still doesn't work, but now that the developers are putting out Unibins I'm sure they'll have that fixed as soon as they get their hands on a Mactel.

Edited by cavemonkey50

Adium 0.88 beta

Do not post this beta to version tracking or news sites <--- OWNED!

Download ?Released on Wednesday, January 11, 11:00 AM EST?Download hosted by CacheFly

0.88b1 - Wednesday, January 11, 2005

• Adium is now a Universal binary

LOL

but thanks for info :)

I could not get MSN to work on the unoffical builds

Were would I find that plist you referred to

Never mind I found the account.plist deleted it and I'm able to use MSN now

OK new problem I can only use one account either MSN or Yahoo. I setup MSN and it worked fine then I added Yahoo and it won't connect. I tried deleting everything and reinstalled but now I can only setup one, if I try to add another it locks up again.

Edited by Technobob

Yahoo, MSN, Google, ICQ, AOL works here. The only think that doesn't want to work are the sounds. Text to Speach Events work some what. I haven't tested file transfer either. Growl is updated but I don't use growl because it really messes up Vicki's voice when she talks :). No more crashes when changing Message Styles and adding/removing User Status.

paulicat, Avatars? You mean the shared picture on all your accounts you want everyone to see? Thats works for me.

xraa, it keeps the setting when you downgrade or upgrade. The settings is kept in your user name/Library/ApplicationSupport folder. You can archive that folder and install Adium in any machine, you have your old settings back. PPC version works 100%. I just can't stand the launch speed.

new build is up :

0.88b3 - Tuesday, January 17, 2005

* Fixed sound on Intel machines

* Fixed away and idle indicators in the Dock icon which were broken for most non-English localizations

* Fixed issues with an incorrect maximum length for Yahoo! Japan account names

* Fixed a warning shown when connecting with certain .Mac screennames

* Fixed restoration of the contact list position when it is adjacent to a Dock on the right or left screen edges

* Russian translation updates

xraa, it keeps the setting when you downgrade or upgrade. The settings is kept in your user name/Library/ApplicationSupport folder. You can archive that folder and install Adium in any machine, you have your old settings back. PPC version works 100%. I just can't stand the launch speed.

thanks, domino. :)

This is a really good idea to archive the folder... I don't want to set it up all again :)

Edited by xtraa

file transffer is working now?

sound works here, great progress :)

edit:

0.88b4 - Tuesday, January 17, 2005 ¶

Upgraded to Growl 0.7.4b1

Enabled interserver communication for Google Talk

Improved the Uptime script [#2734]

Hopefully fixed a crash when messaging Bonjour contacts who are actually offline

:)

other new one

rlsed about 6 hours ago

http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/AdiumBeta

Released on Saturday, January 21, 12:30 AM EST

0.88b5 - Saturday, January 21, 2005

* Modified Intel LibGaim binary to attempt to fix #2775. Please test on Intel and report there (note that the limitations explained in FileTransfer still apply!).

File Transfer info: http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/FileTransfer

Adium X 0.88b6

Released on Monday, January 22, 9:15 PM EST

Download hosted by CacheFly

0.88b6 - Monday, January 22, 2005 ¶

Improved autoconnection when waking from sleep [#1420]

Fixed MSN buddy icon retrieval and updating [#31]

Fixed MSN file transfers, and possibly other issues, on Intel machines [#2775]

Fixed a crash when playing demonstration speech text

Fixed localized display of date information in the message window [#2537]

Fixed isseus with transparency in the contact list for group bubbles and contact bubbles [#96]

Fixed issues with PortableAdium

Improved the textual equivalents for the Halo emoticon in the default emoticon pack [#2786]

http://adiumx.cachefly.net/AdiumX_0.88b6.dmg