ALERT! Newer MSI P35 and G33 based motherboards don't work with OSX86!

258 posts in this topic

ok

i have litel success on HP machine with msi MOBO ms-7352 with Q33 chipset a varient of P35 with intel 3100 graphic and ICH9 not ICH9R

use kalyway 10.4.10 and use only 120G partition if u have big hdd lager then 128

after install replace the kext appleintelPIIXATA with patched one for ICH9 in this forum to gain access to the total disk space

remain only one problem is that some time the disk controler is not detected correctly u must reboot the machine to be detected correctly

sorry for my english

I installed using a 20 gig partition as the os partition. I not been able to get JaS 10.4.8 to boot after installing using the methods audio details OP.

If someone is willing to put in the time this link will help us debug and at the very least give someone with necessary tech experience the ability to fix this mobo. I need a stable machine and don't have the time.

Just on a whim, has anyone tried only connecting a four pin power connector rather than a six for the cpu? Since the issue seems to be related to how it handles power to the CPU maybe that may work.

I am looking at switching up for an intel G33 TLM

The msi p35 platinum is an awesome piece of hardware, too bad the os x support is not there.

Hi guys,

I sold my MSI P35 Platinum for 145$ (41$ loss) + add 80$ and got Gigabyte P35 DQ-6.

Installing any of OSX86 just easy!!! without any patches. Only native kernels.

I just installed Leopard Flat Image in few easy steps. Booted without any problems :censored2: LIKE REAL MAC.

EVERYTHING IS LOADING VERY VERY FAST & SMOOTH.

I waited, thought that MSI must do something, or we'll get some special release, but none of this happends...(((

And I decided.... If I need it I'll get it.

So if you want to get OSX86 works on your PC, don't wait and give up that extra $$ and get it works, without any bugs.

I'm not telling you to buy just Gigabyte P35 DQ-6, you can search up this forum for other Mobos which works with OSX86.

My friends uses & it's works: ASUS P5K-E, P5KR, P5B, Gigabyte DS-3, Asrock i775Twins and also I got works with Gigabyte P35 DQ-6.

Cheers.

I will probably buy the same motherboard as you in january. I have orher problems with MSI P35 as well. It doesn't shutdown properly from Windows, and doesn't boot up every time, or just keeps rebooting, not turning on the screen etc etc.

/E

I think I'll just keep this motherboard and not have OS X then...

It works fine for windows and linux, so I dont really have any reason to get rid of it. Dont value leopard as much as teh cost of a motherboard

oh well

))))) You're funny man... sorry

So u just decided clear that u don't need OSX86. Then why are u trying to install it? Just for demo view?

If that, then u can install it via VMWare and test it and decide once again: do u need it or not?

As me, I'm designer, and Mac OSX is a paradise for this work. All Adobe CS3 work well & optimized for this OS. That's it the main reason why I goes in that way!

I need stable system for design work with easy click steps during designing and using files etc.

So I think u've to decide why do u need it?

just out of curiosity...are you english?

I dont "need" os x, no. I'd quite like it, but not so much that I would buy a new motherboard to get it running.

english is a language!

if u wanted to ask me: do you speak english? - A: Yes

or if u wanted to ask me: are you englishman? - A: No.

So if you are so curious, then try another way how to correct me, ok?

We're here not for english lessons! We're here for OSX86 working well on our PCs.

Just try to explain much correctly what do you mean. Otherwise anybody will not understand you!

you really shouldn't give an english person advice on how to speak their own language.

On that note, apart from being a langauge, english is also a nationality.

I'm sure everyone here who speaks english understands what I've said.

I'm guessing no ones had any luck using the EFI method on this board?

you really shouldn't give an english person advice on how to speak their own language.

On that note, apart from being a langauge, english is also a nationality.

I'm sure everyone here who speaks english understands what I've said.

I'm guessing no ones had any luck using the EFI method on this board?

Don't forget that in United Kingdom english language differs from international english!

I already speak nothing about accent and intonation in conversation.

You're from UK, I'm right?

I think, that we are not talking here about English language. I am not English too, I am from Russia but there no way to solve my problem. So why I am here and I want to know how use my mobo with OSx86 but not something about the differences of English.

Thank you

Izvinjaus za polemiky ob angliskom jazike, prosto etot samorodog iz uk dostal menja so svoim krivim anglijskim.

Na schet materinki to ti chital moj post. Bolshe nichego ne mogy posovetovatj....

Skiduvaj ee nafig poka ceni ne ypali i bery takyy kak y menja!

5 ballov, 4uvak!!!! ne ojidal uvidet' zdes' normal'nogo russkogo 4eloveka!!!!

tol'ko ya ne ponyal - 4to za tvoi post?

a tak v principe, dumau, pridetsya real'no prodavat' materinku((((

Vot etot post:

Hi guys,

I sold my MSI P35 Platinum for 145$ (41$ loss) + add 80$ and got Gigabyte P35 DQ-6.

Installing any of OSX86 just easy!!! without any patches. Only native kernels.

I just installed Leopard Flat Image in few easy steps. Booted without any problems -_- LIKE REAL MAC.

EVERYTHING IS LOADING VERY VERY FAST & SMOOTH.

I waited, thought that MSI must do something, or we'll get some special release, but none of this happends...(((

And I decided.... If I need it I'll get it.

So if you want to get OSX86 works on your PC, don't wait and give up that extra $$ and get it works, without any bugs.

I'm not telling you to buy just Gigabyte P35 DQ-6, you can search up this forum for other Mobos which works with OSX86.

My friends uses & it's works: ASUS P5K-E, P5KR, P5B, Gigabyte DS-3, Asrock i775Twins and also I got works with Gigabyte P35 DQ-6.

Cheers.

esli chto stuchis v asy 27devjatj7nolj5241