any success on INTEL DQ35JO mobo?

b.megin

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, although this is one of my first posts I'm not completely new to this forum. since my old hackintosh-laptop died I bought a new system - desktop this time - which I thought should run osx fine. neverthelless I'm stuck basically at step 1.

I tried to install 10.4.8 on my new system, so far unsuccessfully.

first my specs:

Mainboard:

INTEL DQ35JO (details here: http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dq35jo/)

Chipset: Intel Q35 that contains:

Intel® 82Q35 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)

Intel® 82801IDO I/O Controller Hub (ICH9DO)

Audio: 4-channel (2+2) audio subsystem using the RealTek* ALC268-GR audio codec

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2x2,67 Ghz, 1333 Mhz FSB)

LAN: Intel® 82566DM-2 Gigabit LAN

Video: ATI HD2600XT

no dvd works (tried kalyway and jas 10.4.8) always stops while booting from DVD before even starting the installer at "ACPI: System state [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)" - I don't even get the "waiting for root device" message.

this is what I tried so far:

boot from SATA-DVD-drive: no luck

boot from IDE-DVD-drive: no luck

boot from USB-DVD-drive (SATA to USB adapter): no luck

tried several HDDs (SATA, IDE, USB): no luck

BIOS set to AHCI mode for SATA: doesn't help

disabled everything not crucial in BIOS: doesn't help

any ideas?

I thought the Q35 chipset can't be that different from the P35 chipset which apparently works (both are based on ICH9). I really don't know what's the problem.

Thanx a lot for any help...

dan.

alright: update... finally got it running using the vmware method and jas 10.4.8 dvd

issues still to solve:

LAN: Intel® 82566DM-2 Gigabit LAN (not much hope for this one... gonna get a cheap working realtek card)

VGA: ATI 2600XT seems to be supported somehow ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=64269 )

Sound: no luck yet, but work in progress

greetz, dan.

• 1 month later...
alright: update... finally got it running using the vmware method and jas 10.4.8 dvd

issues still to solve:

LAN: Intel® 82566DM-2 Gigabit LAN (not much hope for this one... gonna get a cheap working realtek card)

VGA: ATI 2600XT seems to be supported somehow ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=64269 )

Sound: no luck yet, but work in progress

greetz, dan.

I've get to the "still waiting ... " with ATI 800 GTO

but it is all.

could you tell me where is the wmvare method described ?

I've get to the "still waiting ... " with ATI 800 GTO

but it is all.

could you tell me where is the wmvare method described ?

afaik the "still waiting for..." error comes up if your chipset is not supported or misconfigured in BIOS.

setting the SATA-mode to Native and AHCI and activating HPET in the BIOS solved it for me.

(using a SATA-DVD-drive and a SATA-HDD)

using the CHAOSX release I can install natively now.

vmware-method means installing a virtualization-software named "vmware" under windows and installing osx within a virtual machine. then copy the virtual partition to a real one (I'm using a bootmanager called "bootitNG" for that). then you should be able to boot osx natively.

good luck

dan.

• 6 months later...

Hi b.megin,

I don't know if you still active in this project, but I have same PC spec like you. The only difference is I have Intel Core 2 Duo E8200@2.66GHz. I think you should try Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 DVD installer. I have successful install leopard in my PC using this installer. Everything is working except LAN & something wrong with "USB High-Speed".

Hi b.megin,

I don't know if you still active in this project, but I have same PC spec like you. The only difference is I have Intel Core 2 Duo E8200@2.66GHz. I think you should try Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 DVD installer. I have successful install leopard in my PC using this installer. Everything is working except LAN & something wrong with "USB High-Speed".

Hi Kizwan, did you do anything special to make this mobo works? I have also same DQ35JO and using Kalyway 10.5.2 , but it always fail me at the beginning as mention in this post

always stop at this line while booting

'waiting for boot volume with UUID...'

Hi Kizwan, did you do anything special to make this mobo works? I have also same DQ35JO and using Kalyway 10.5.2 , but it always fail me at the beginning as mention in this post

always stop at this line while booting

'waiting for boot volume with UUID...'

Hi,

I didn't do anything special to get it working. All setting in bios are default except I need to choose "Legacy" for "ATA/IDE Mode" in "Drive Configuration". My PC just freeze at Bios Boot Logo if I set to "Native" for "ATA/IDE Mode", I don't know why. I have posted my PC spec at OSX86project's wiki. Try compare your bios version with mine, is it the same. I don't know if it actually contribute to your problem.

I never successful installed any osx on my PC before. Kalyway 10.5.2 is the one I able to installed & it run both cores!

Do you use any PCI-e graphic card? Can you post your PC spec? Thanks.

:)

kizwan

Hi,

I didn't do anything special to get it working. All setting in bios are default except I need to choose "Legacy" for "ATA/IDE Mode" in "Drive Configuration". My PC just freeze at Bios Boot Logo if I set to "Native" for "ATA/IDE Mode", I don't know why. I have posted my PC spec at OSX86project's wiki. Try compare your bios version with mine, is it the same. I don't know if it actually contribute to your problem.

I never successful installed any osx on my PC before. Kalyway 10.5.2 is the one I able to installed & it run both cores!

Do you use any PCI-e graphic card? Can you post your PC spec? Thanks.

;)

kizwan

Hi, Kizwan. Something strange happen but in a good way ;) its been more than a month I didn't try to install but today I just try to do it again after reading that you manage to install with no problem and now its works ! not sure what the different of my last month setting and today setting. is it because of I just change my DVD-RW drive to sata version (pioneer) or something else.

my setup are DQ35JO and 7300GT, SATA DVD_RW and SATA HDD. I still set ATA/IDE mode to 'Native' and still working fine.

Now trying to make the 7300GT works (currently my max display res still 1024 x 768 slthough my moniter should be able to handle 1280 x 1024). Then my USB ralink wifi and USB HSDPA modem also still not work yet. But at least now I can see it the 10.5.2 already works and my pc detected as mac pro :) happy person now

thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I had the same probs with the DQ35JO which made me switch the mainboard to a GA P35 series. I installed 10.5.4 with no problems but a on different (smaller) sata disk. When I changed the disk back to the original disk (form the configuration of my DQ35JO-PC) the same errors occured with my new GA P35.

So finally: IT IS THE DISK! Change the disk an DQ35JO will install.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...