iLife 06, iWork 06

suleiman

108 posts in this topic

i'm okay with pirated mac os

these compatibility insues is really sucks guys

my friend spend amout money on pc upgrade to improve macx86 compatibility and not satisfied

resuming, he has plans to leave x86 pirate to buy a imac x86

i'm start to think the same

any news on price of mac mini x86?

correct: if you have problems with imovie try reinstalling quicktime. although stated otherwise the free download at apple.com is 7.0.4 universal binary! for me it solved the "loading thumnails" problems as well as cllip preview & play issues.

now everything (not tested iDVD) runs perfect on native 1099 (changed the values in teh plist to 10.4.4 an 1165-release) with a intel915gev SSE3 system (besides sound input though onboard sound).

Edited by gizmo

Even I can say any app works. Post what tests you have tried tried along with screenshots that lead you to this conclusion. Most of us a looking for confirmation, not speculation.

aah, thanks for saying virtually "you're lying"

is that screenshot enough or should i post also

a picture of my ass?

(sorry for being rude)

post-5098-1137447612_thumb.png

aah, thanks for saying virtually "you're lying"

is that screenshot enough or should i post also

a picture of my ass?

(sorry for being rude)

Virtually? No. Literally, yes. Why would I trust anyone that don't provide any information on either the app operations or hw information and with less than 50 posts (yes, i did read all your posts)? Oh, guess what, I can open all of iwork 06 and ilife 06 apps also. yes, we all can add or open new work on iweb, keynote, pages, iphoto, imovie and garageband. having said that, it don't mean that apps "works". Get a clue... Unless we all have proof that all apps in ilife works 100% on vanilla boxes, it doesn "work".

Thanks for the info , can you burn or rip a DVD with iDVD? Thanks in advance.

Burn to dvd? No

picture18bn.th.png

burn to image? Yes

picture24mf.th.png

Rip a DVD?

try try Handbrake, it's great and free. Search the forum for the latest version.

ok

my config is 10.4.3 intel 915 + 900 CI QE 10.4.3 8FFFF no altivec patch P4 SSE3 1 gb RAM SATA HD

Iphoto - works perfect

iweb - works perfect

iMovie - works perfect after changing product version to 10.4.4.in the plist

iDVD - not instlalled

iTunes - works perfect only yellow box around the preference menu

garage band - ask me for quicktime 7.04 and DONOT START but i have the quicktime 7.04 any help here??????????

Iworks

Pages - works perfect

Keynote - works perfect

i hope it helps

all the stuff is EXTREME FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST and solid

pretty good

Edited by airhon

I have some issues with iPhoto here. In fact,

the same issues I had with the previous version:

When I watch a slideshow, my mousepointer

is gone after leaving fullscreen mode. Can anyone

verify that?

Only thing to get out of this pointerless trap, is a reboot.

If you have the same issues, I can recomment using

Motion Pictures HD instead. You can find that app in

the toast titanium 7.something package.

My computer does not work.

iPhoto, GarageBand works great, but iMovie, iWeb, Keynote 2, Page 2 will not work, even under Rosetta.

(Maybe it's time to switch to a real Mac? XD)

Pentium-M 1.3Ghz, 512MB Ram, no CI neither QE

In fact there are other apps what will kill your mouse, such as FrontRow. So it's not only in iLife. Do you have MousePose installed? The mouse seem to behave if MousePose is disabled.

No probs with frontrow here. But it is not that the mouse just disappears, I also get some graphic artefacts

when I move the "non existing" pointer. It is still there, menu highlights etc. This also happens, when

mousepose is disabled and unloaded.

Domino, does your iPhoto work? if so, it must have something to do with the graphics. These strange artefacts

really looks like a deeper system problem.

I think the only solution for me would be to downgrade my iPhoto, or try to combine some package contents within

iphoto with older versions. maybe it will work if QE or CI is disabled. I think this is what I will try next :)

// ok it works now.

I had the cube effect in the slideshow options selected, don't know why. Now I resetted it to standard efx and everything

is working :D

Edited by xtraa

No probs with frontrow here. But it is not that the mouse just disappears, I also get some graphic artefacts

when I move the "non existing" pointer. It is still there, menu highlights etc. This also happens, when

mousepose is disabled and unloaded.

Domino, does your iPhoto work? if so, it must have something to do with the patch. These strange artefacts

really looks like a deeper system problem.

I think the only solution for me would be to downgrade my iPhoto, or try to combine some package contents within iphoto with older versions. maybe it will work if QE or CI is disabled. I think this is what I will try next :)

Yea, thats what I get, well rather, I used to get in front Row. I just did a reinstall and upgraded my Mac partition to test out the rest of the iApps.

My symptoms were exactly what you posted. When I exit front row, I dont see my cursor but there are white line streaks across the monitor, end to end. You can see it if you have a dark background. All the menues still work and just hope you hit the right buttons to restart or shutdown.

After the reinstall, iPhoto does work. As a matter of fact,I just imported 500 images from my europe vacation and was editing it in full screen. No mouse problem here. No signs of the mouse misbehaving in front row either.

iWorks06 not working here.....the apps both start but crashes as soon as any menu is selected.. the error reported is :

2006-01-18 13:46:55.652 Pages[224] invalid pixel format
2006-01-18 13:46:55.652 Pages[224] invalid context

like in iLife apps.... Looks like a i915/925/945 is the only way to go with 1.4.3

DS

10.4.3 maybe is not the real reason caused iApps crashed.

My 10.4.3 installtion can't run iApps, too.

Maybe the SSE3 is the real reason. If it so, I think maybe it is used the SSE3 instructions that MAXXUSS_Kernel does not emulated.

While we're at it,

does someone remember the thread, where you could change your version number

from 10.4.1 to 10.4.3? My search on this was futile.

For those who don't know, I am asking this because it was reportet to successfully

fool iMovie with this workaround by changing the system-version number to 10.4.4,

because iMovie will ask for that if you want to apply some themes.

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...on\.plist#

Hi,

Someone on the 'other' forum discovered that the old trick of changing the version and build numbers OSX reports seems to fix iMovieHD.

Basically you need to edit /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist. Change it to report 10.4.4 and the build '8G1165' (the build number for the 10.4.4 shipped with the new iMacs)

Anyway, this apparently fixed iMovie, and might help with other problems for other apps. I think this is the most compatible we can be with the release intel 10.4.4 until someone cracks the real one.

Cheers