MacBook name sucks. Find a better one

CFran

32 posts in this topic

The MacBook name sucks pretty much. I know they couldn't call it PowerBook anymore since it doesn't have a PowerPC in, but name, they could have found a better name. I thought that by thinking about the problem for at least a minute we could {censored} out a better name.

Now I gotta give a better name um.... mmmh.. Apple mmh.. AppleBook. Ok, still sucks, but yet less than MacBook. OK your turn now

PS : Has anyone noticed how the iMac design sucks ass? No wonder whether or not the iMac would have been such a revolution in 1998 with such a design.

The MacBook name sucks pretty much. I know they couldn't call it PowerBook anymore since it doesn't have a PowerPC in, but name, they could have found a better name. I thought that by thinking about the problem for at least a minute we could {censored} out a better name.

Now I gotta give a better name um.... mmmh.. Apple mmh.. AppleBook. Ok, still sucks, but yet less than MacBook. OK your turn now

PS : Has anyone noticed how the iMac design sucks ass? No wonder whether or not the iMac would have been such a revolution in 1998 with such a design.

Powerbooks existed before they could even put a PowerPC processor in a mobile machine, so the name is in no way tied to the PowerPC moniker. Name sucks, 'nuf said.

mmmhhh, I should change my screen name for PowerGirl? Sounds like PowerPuff Girl, I don't think so.

So my next comp will macgirl's MacBook, I like it, I prefer than MacTelBook.

I also think that they still name them PowerBooks, maybe CoreBook LOL, DuoBook more LOL, BTW there was an Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo back in 1994.

It's just a name nothing else. Until I don't have conversations with my notebook I'll give a {censored} about his name :)

I was thinking of something along the lines of IntelliBook (but Microsoft will probably b*tch about it with their IntelliMouse). IntelliBook even includes the Intel name.

I wonder what PowerMac is gonna be...my guess is Macintosh Pro?

Edited by INFNITE

A few more suggestions from IRC:

appletop

notemac / iNotemac

iPortable

Mob-i-mac

BookIntosh

intellitosh

intellimac

& less seriously, perhaps:

iPricey

Snobbintosh

sMack

sMacMyBitchUp

macDaddyBook

BigMacAttack

MacGyver

So how hard can it be? how unimaginative is MacBook? I hope they didn't spend any money coming up with it ..

tada....!

The TravelMac Pro! (vs the TravelMac which replaces the iBook)

(okay, I kinda stole that moniker from the Acer laptop line, but it rolls nicely of the tongue, doesn't it?)

Edited by menneke

I was thinking of something along the lines of IntelliBook (but Microsoft will probably b*tch about it with their IntelliMouse). IntelliBook even includes the Intel name.

I wonder what PowerMac is gonna be...my guess is Macintosh Pro?

haha tough about the IntelliBook too, but I thought it'd sound too much as if it was some Intel product, after all the PowerBook wasn't nammed IBMBook. PentiBook then maybe? I still like PowerBook better

A few more suggestions from IRC:

appletop

notemac / iNotemac

iPortable

Mob-i-mac

BookIntosh

intellitosh

intellimac

& less seriously, perhaps:

iPricey

Snobbintosh

sMack

sMacMyBitchUp

macDaddyBook

BigMacAttack

MacGyver

So how hard can it be? how unimaginative is MacBook? I hope they didn't spend any money coming up with it ..

haha, i like the BookIntosh one, sounds somewhat silly. Just what I thought tho, so easy to come up with something less worse than MacBook. All of that just to make the transition clear I guess, pfff..

I also think that they still name them PowerBooks, maybe CoreBook LOL, DuoBook more LOL, BTW there was an Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo back in 1994.

Apple Core Book? Hmm... Macgirl, that's a great one! :)

I liked the suggestion of iBook Pro then they wouldn't have had to modify the name of the iBook when it gets intel'd. But if apple really do want the name mac in every product i guess the ibook is going to become the macbook. I hope somebody has words with steve about that one it just sucks!!