A real SB600 .kext/patch, please?

43 posts in this topic

Hi all can anyone tell me how to go about installing ATI SB600 ATA/SATA .kext coz I am a new to all this I installed Leopard on my IDE but wanna use my xp data which is on SATA ... so how to go abt it. Thanks in advance ... please guide me the complete procedure .. i hv downloaded ATI SB600 ATA/SATA .kext

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question to ANYONE who can help me. I've tried to install many versions of Mac OS X and all of them would boot off the DVD but would fail to recognise the HDD from the disk utilities menu. It would only list the 4 gig DVD drive. This has been driving me absolutly crazy. I dont know if it's only ment for XP or not but I have a Vista Home Premium. (Man i hate Vista) :P I partitioned the drive too with Acronis Disk Director. I dont know what other information to list for my laptop so here is what i got. If you need more information just let me know.

My computer specs are:

HP Pavillion dv6748us

ACPI x86-Based PC (Mobile)

Mobile Dual Core AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-60 2000MHz

NVIDIA GeForce 7150m/ nForce 630m

Someone PLEASE help me figure out how to put Mac on my PC lol (I'm too cheap to buy a Mac :))

THANK YOU!!!!!

got it!!! i used the method provided by dcat and have now ata and sata-support at full speed.

see below for downloading the two extensions. all credits go to dcat

as always do

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

and remove the kext-cache and boot with -f

Hi, can you upload the file again? it gives me an error when i try to download it from the forum!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i just want some info on how to patch a install dvd with this using windows, i don't have a functioning osx build cause i can't get any of them to load!!! i get still waiting for root device on all. this really seems to be an issue with a lot of people on here! would be nice if someone could add this to future builds of osx or at least make a patch for current iso's!

impulsion>I have the same problem. I tried 10.5.2 for AMD (32-bit), Zephyroth 10.5.2.revision 1 and revision 2, but with no success. We should patch DVD with .kext files, right?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a problem related to this kext, but I'll post it anyways.

My Hackintosh used to detect and mount DVDs properly before applying this patch. I applied this patch so that I won't be switching between AHCI and IDE mode everytime I switched between Windoze and Mac.

Now something happened, both my CD and DVD drives are detected (well, sometimes they don't), but the OS don't automatically mount discs whenever I insert a disc to any of the drives. (I haven't tried to mount them manually though)\

Any solutions?

(Of course, I have SB600 chipset, and both optical drives are IDE)

I patched the Zephyroth 10.5.1 AMD image with this and installed on my SB600 SATA drive successfully. After the installation, I copied both kexts to the hard drive (using the install DVD) and chmod'd them recursively to 755 and chown'd them recursively to root:wheel, then booted with -f. After some FireWire messages, the dis{c,k} drives stop and the message "Still waiting for root device" repeats at one-minute intervals, and the system does not boot. Any suggestions for fixing this? Do I need to delete Extensions.mkext (or the like) rather than boot with -f?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just one small problem with this,

The ATA works great with AppleServerWorksATA ,

But, using the VIAATA for SB600 Sata Support, is defeating the purpose, the VIAATA only supports sata-150 not sata-300.

ZZ

I have looked at the code but can't figure out what to do. ....

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hi

i have managed to install them correctly. thank you for your great work. it works now but with a little flaw:

iokitwaitquiet: .... timed out to writing kernel symbols..

if i don't encounter this error ide drives are not detected.. and this error slows down the boot sequence. i have found the forum post regarding this error but when i apply that solution, again the ide drives lost. any suggestions?

• 3 months later...