Acer 5920 Laptop / Ethernet / Wireless

Emirism

27 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I have installed Mac Os X 10.4.10.

But i cannot find driver of my ethernet and wireless card. It's first time i'm using mac.

Please help me.

Wireless Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

Ethernet Broadcom NetLink BCM5787M PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller PCI

Acer Aspire 9420

Sucesfully installed OS X from Kalyway 10.4.10.Intel,

Video probs with NVidia 7300 Go using nvidia mobile drivers,

no WLan (Intel)

No Mic (Intel Realtec HDA)

No Midi

LAN Perfect (Realtec RTL 8168B Gigabit ethernet)

No Logitech Webcam.

Problems with suspend resume.

Any Help or advice?

Thanx.

Acer Aspire 9420

Sucesfully installed OS X from Kalyway 10.4.10.Intel,

Video probs with NVidia 7300 Go using nvidia mobile drivers,

no WLan (Intel)

No Mic (Intel Realtec HDA)

No Midi

LAN Perfect (Realtec RTL 8168B Gigabit ethernet)

No Logitech Webcam.

Problems with suspend resume.

Any Help or advice?

Your laptop is running about as well as it can. There are no drivers for wireless intel, or microphone...The webcam might work, somehow...

You can get compatible usb or mini-pci card if you really need wireless

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use the same laptop and I'm sorry but I didn't find anything at all regarding all the problems mentionned on your posts.

About the Keybord, I used to have problems with it but I just had to rebbot when it wasn't responding.

The Geforce 8600 is obviously not working (low resolution, incorrect redrawing/scrolling)

The Broadcom Lan chip is deactivated

The Wifi driver is on development but I haven't tried the svn sources from the site project

The webcam is reckognised but with a black picture

No Mic

oh and btw I use an old uphuck 10.4.9 disk, don't know which version though.

2 EmirismIs it works normal? Does sound card work? GF 8600GT works good?

The sound works (I used azalia driver), except for the mic (no device detected)

• 3 weeks later...

Installed Kalyway 10.5 on 5920G.

Work after install:

keyboard, trackpad, sound

Things that aren't working:

8600m GT 512MB (changed resolution from 1024x768 -> Native 1280x800 by defining it in com.apple.Boot.plist)

Wifi Intel 4965AGN

Eth Broadcom BCM5787M

Please let me know if solution(s) exist for the above non working hardware.

Keep you posted on my progress.

Hi, I also have an Acer Aspire 5920G. The Geforce 8600M GT can be used if you install this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78033. The scrolling/redrawing issue can be 'solved' by just starting Exposé everytime it happens and after a while it doesn't happen anymore, I'm not sure if the drivers above fix it but I think so.

I don't have (W)LAN though, so if someone has a solution, please help? ;)

Hi all,

I'm posting from Leopard on 5920 Laptop:

- 8600 is working quite good with 19.5.2 kexts;

- DVD burner seems ok (I'm burning a DVD-RW right now);

- Sound is ok;

- Webcam is ok with some software (with Skype seems ok, with others no);

- Network is not ok, I'm using a USB-WIFI dongle with ZD1211 chipset.

Just to let you know.

Regards,

Petz

Hi, I also have an Acer Aspire 5920G. The Geforce 8600M GT can be used if you install this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78033. The scrolling/redrawing issue can be 'solved' by just starting Exposé everytime it happens and after a while it doesn't happen anymore, I'm not sure if the drivers above fix it but I think so.

I don't have (W)LAN though, so if someone has a solution, please help? :)

Thanks for the link...worked as stated. :thumbsup_anim: Except of one thing...only 256 of 512 memory is recognized. :wallbash:

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I'm posting from Leopard on 5920 Laptop:

- 8600 is working quite good with 19.5.2 kexts;

- DVD burner seems ok (I'm burning a DVD-RW right now);

- Sound is ok;

- Webcam is ok with some software (with Skype seems ok, with others no);

- Network is not ok, I'm using a USB-WIFI dongle with ZD1211 chipset.

Just to let you know.

Regards,

Petz

hi,

how did you manage to get the webcam working?I get green picture...and does your bluetooth work?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have a 5920G also.

Working:

Keyboard

Trackpad

USB Ports

Sound (no output, only internal speakers)

GeForce 8600M GT 256MB (used the installer above)

DVD-Burner

Not working:

Ethernet

WiFi

I tried the AppleHDA solution, but then after I installed my codec, I can only use the output jack, with no internal speakers =.=

I also tried editing the 5751 kext to match my 5787, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe it's some errors or something.

Still waiting for 4965 file.

• 4 months later...

go to osx86 homepage, and it clearly states that there are no fully working drivers for 3945 or 4965 Intel chips. Broadcom should have a driver though, I'm not sure. Also, if during the kalyway install you chose both Azalia options, the original and the OUTPUT, the headphones should work. As for the green webcam, install macam, which should allow ichat to connect to your webcam. I have yet to find a way to change default webcam in photobooth to an external webcam nor get macam to work with photobooth. Anybody find a way?

I have a (somewhat) similar laptop, the Acer Extensa 5620. It uses the Intel wireless family and the Gigabit Ethernet controller, anyway.

There's no working solution for our Gigabit Ethernet controllers. I don't know if it's an Acer thing or what, but it's a no-go. There's a lot of hacked kext's, manual workarounds, and wacky things you can try- but none of them work. No, not even the "Working BC57xx Driver" thread has a working driver. The best you can do is get OS X to realise there's a card there... but it'll either say that the cable is disconnected, or give you an unusable 00:00:00:00:00 Mac address. It often locks up your system, too.

There's no working solution for the Intel 3945 / 4965 Wifi. Period. There's a cobbled-together psuedo Ethernet-to-Wifi-with-extra-config-app driver being worked on, but it doesn't work. Installing it actually makes your system quite unstable. There's no point in trying it unless you want to offer error feedback to the author. I yanked my 3945 card out and tossed in an Atheros 5007EG I pulled from a dead Toshiba A135 (anyone need parts?). I now have perfectly working Wifi, detected as an Airport Extreme.

On a side note, this budget Best Buy laptop does quite well on OS X 10.5.2. The X3100 is now supported with QI/QE accelleration (using iAtkos 2.0!, most recently). Battery is detected and shows fine by default. Shame about the Ethernet, I really wish someone could get that going for us. I'd probably use OS X all the time if that functioned.

• 3 months later...

Hello there i have an acer aspire 5920 i dont ind replacing my wifi card however i have already tried with a dell dw1390 and the laptop wont boot, after some research i think the bios is whitelisting it.

Can any one confirm they have changed the wifi card in a 5920 and its working, if you could send me the name and model i will buy one rite away????

Thanks

Hello there i have an acer aspire 5920 i dont ind replacing my wifi card however i have already tried with a dell dw1390 and the laptop wont boot, after some research i think the bios is whitelisting it.

Thanks

I already changed some wifi card in Acer laptops (others models diferent that you) without problems, i think that Acer still not blacklist any card, your card is working ? do you have another laptop only for that you test if your wireless is good or not ?

Another thing this driver works fine (BCM5787M only promisc mode) :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127903

regards.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

New to the whole mac os on my acer 5920.

Just thought I would add to the list of good usb wifi cards.

I'm using the D-Link DWA-140 with great success!

Any news on the audio drivers? Mic Functionality? Sound Input/Headphone capabilties?

Seems to me to be the only thing left to fix!

DC