Getting DG33TL to work

ive scene enough

133 posts in this topic

i was really hoping they would dump some "old" 975xbx2s on us.

i want to try and figure as much out about this as possible before i get my hands on the mobo, as if its new in box i think i can trade it/sell and buy something useful more easily that other wise.

hopefully my intel rep will be at my store tomorrow.

i might talk with him and see if i cant just swap them out on the side.... unlikely, but im an ass and i will ask.

I will also be participating in the Intel program.

I wish this board can be figured out so that Leopard 10.5 is going to run on it. I just finished pricing out a system with this board and it looks like for under $800 I can put together Q6600 Quad Core, 8GB of RAM, 250GB HD, and DVD Burner along with a sound-proof case. I was thinking about using my ATI x1650 512MB video card if that too can be figured out soon, if not I'll have to either use the on-board graphics or buy something else.

Though I suppose with those kinds of specs even MacOS under VMWare or some other emulation software would run as smooth as native!

Not getting the intel board to work and having to buy a whole new board will add to the cost signifiantly which I do not want to do if its at all possible to avoid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it'll work.

I managed to install a version of 10.4.10 with Serial ATA DVD drive and with nvidia 7300gt.

LAN doesn't work but i use wifi (asus wl 138g v2), and i couldn't get to work the Sigmatel 9271D audiochip yet...

OK, DG33TL sound is working now, kexts for Sigmatel STAC9271D are attached but they are for testing only. Watch Taruga's AppleHDA topic for future reference.

I used Kext Helper b7 to install the kexts:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=54098

I ran Kext Helper then dragged the two kexts onto the window. I had to type my password in the window and click Install button. If you don't have a password just type something then delete it and the Install button will activate.

After the first restart OS X didn't start - it stucked at the grey startup screen with the apple logo but after that i started OS X with -v switch.

STAC9271D_0x83847627_testing.zip

I too am participating in the Intel bundle and was really hoping to build a mac with it, has there been any word on if this is possible using this mobo? I was hoping to instal leo on this setup, but from what some of the other posts have stated I am assuming I will need lan, sound, and gfx?

i too got the bundle and have tried installing leopard. mine stops at BSM auditing present. it does this for a -dd flat image install and the patched install dvd.

it apears at first that intel has put a little chip on out board so apple can stop it from working by default. every google search turns up nothing to relate to this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys !

I'm a total noob at this but I just installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 on my Q6700 + DG33TL Bundle.

Install went fine. I just don't have any sound or Network.

Anybody know if network drivers are available for this mobo? Or what's the best PCI gigabit NIC supported ?

My Specs (Quadzilla)

Intel Q6700

DG33TL Mobo

4 Gig Crucial Balistix PC-8500

ATI Radeon X1900 Pro

Pioneer DVR-212 SATA dvdrw

Seagate 7200.11 500Gig

Hi Guys !

I'm a total noob at this but I just installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 on my Q6700 + DG33TL Bundle.

Install went fine. I just don't have any sound or Network.

Anybody know if network drivers are available for this mobo? Or what's the best PCI gigabit NIC supported ?

My Specs (Quadzilla)

Intel Q6700

DG33TL Mobo

4 Gig Crucial Balistix PC-8500

ATI Radeon X1900 Pro

Pioneer DVR-212 SATA dvdrw

Seagate 7200.11 500Gig

I've tried installing Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 on my system, which is basically the same as your system except I have 2GB of RAM and am using on board video. However when it boots all I get is the Grey Apple Logo and I get no further. What did you do in order to actually get to the installer?