Dell XPS M1330 Hardware

smellyshoes90

322 posts in this topic

blindspot: did you install with Jas DVD or uphuck? I think that th uphuck does not install the kexts for the ICH8

khull, no I could ran Kunbuntu Live CD, it uses the ALSA driver that gives you sound on the speakers and detetcts if you plug a headphone, I think someone could loot at the ALSA driver and see if a patch could be done to get sund on the speakers.

The dump of core#0 with the latest Kubuntu gives another sound port that I think is the digital output, but I cannot test it until I figure how to connect the HDMI to my Home Theatre (Digital receiver).

I installed uphuck, would you recommend reinstalling Jas or updating the current install? Thanks!

khull, Yes, right now I´m playing iTunes with my old Apple speakers. if you wnat the dump file look at the most recent of my posts on the AppleHDA thread on Hardware/Drivers forum

blindspot: To update you need a running system, only if you have another PC or Mac that it is running Mac OS X, you can take the Internal disk and connect to that machine (I did it with my Desktop PC) fortunately SATA disk have the same connectors on 2.5" and 3.5" drives, then update to that disk.

I've found that the "sure-thing" install is with the xXx 10.4.10 install disc. No kernel panics or anthing post-install. The only things I had to repair were the airport and usb drivers.

Oh, quicj question: What apps use the camera? (I* want to test if it works properly)

Thanks

Hi i m also a M1330 user, i have installes the 10.4.9 upchuck 1.4i, and it is working fine, but i have the same trouble as yoy all no audio, no wireless, video card, i read in this posts that there is a broadcom pci express card that is compatible with os x, is this correct or i missed something, do someone know wich model is it? thanks in advance and i thank you all for all the efforts on making the m1330 work with os x.

Hi i m also a M1330 user, i have installes the 10.4.9 upchuck 1.4i, and it is working fine, but i have the same trouble as yoy all no audio, no wireless, video card, i read in this posts that there is a broadcom pci express card that is compatible with os x, is this correct or i missed something, do someone know wich model is it? thanks in advance and i thank you all for all the efforts on making the m1330 work with os x.
I haven't fixed my audio yet on my tiger install but the for the wireless, I would recommend the Dell wiireless 1490. Works just fine for meVideo, on the other hand, was a different case entirely. I have the 8400m in my machine and when I installed the mobility drivers on the uphuck 10..9 r1.4i release, it was tearing. I am using the xXx 10.4.10 release right now and video works just fine. If you have the Intel onboard graphics, I think you should be just fine now. The only catch with the xXx release is that you have to reinstall usb drivers and edit your network plist to make "almost" everything workHas anyone tried putting Leopard on their m1330 yet?I tried it using Brazilmac's method and let's just say all is not well.I haven't had one successful boot yet....no cosmic wallpaper for me.....

I have the nvidia card, the problem i have with the video is when i scroll with the side bar it dosent work properly, i have to scroll using the arrow keys, the sound only works with headphones, and having no network card makes os almost usless for me, is the 1490 working with a special driver or it is working just after installing the OSX? does it work with the airport, or with other software? thanks

Well, When I want to install leopard on my xps m1330. The installer doesn't recognize my HD

i tried to set 1 partition to FAT32, no succes

also tried to set my hd to ata and ahc1 - no succes.

any suggestions?

Greetz

Installer coud not reognize your FAT32 partition, you once theinstaller is running you need to run Disk Utility from the utilities menu, in Disk Utility erase that partition as HFS+ Journaled the quit Disk Utility and the Installer should see the partition.

I have somewhat succesfully installed OS X on my m1330. I used Jas 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3. OS X loads (I have to do the cd eject trick macgirl spoke of), but when I try to boot to vista (using F8 and selecting the vista partition) the computer reboots. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Any possibility to download IOATAFamili.kext and put it on USB drive. And then include in the installer or something? or does the installer automaticly recognize the patch on my usb drive?

Weird thing is, my usb en cd/dvd drive is being recognized

DVD drive is of the type ATA says the installer.

XcAbAr: is it possible to upgrade to Leopard osx86 from the Tiger installation? also can you please kindly outline how the installation steps of installing Tiger using the xXx release from start to fixing the usb and network?

mair,

I had the same issue with Nvidia on my FX5500 using Jas 10.4.8. Using Natit, I was able to get it to work, but I believe I had to change my Boot.plist file to specify I was only using one core rather than two. My installation always had a problem with that, and it wasn't until I set it to one core that my mouse worked normally, and scrolling with the sidebar worked like a charm.