Dell XPS M1330 Hardware

smellyshoes90

322 posts in this topic

Nope, doesn t make a difference. The sound seems to be in windows too but it takes much longer till the hdd "shuts off" (???). So you don t hear that sound all the time. In osx it takes only a few seconds. Maybe i m just imagining. Have to test it a bit longer.

Everything seems to work quite fine now. Installed everything except of speedstep. i will try that later.

One little question left. When i install the nvidia driver the bootprocess seems to take much longer than before. The loading indicator just stops spinning and than it takes 30 seconds or so till something happens. Normal or not normal?

There is a setting in the BIOS for make th HD more silent, maybe that.

I have a quick question, did anyone else have trouble finding their keyboard layout after install iAtkos? I'm just curious because myhome key and others don't work...

In which program, becaus I use a spanish "custom" keyboard layout, not the one that came with Mac OS because my Lappy has Latinamerican Spanish layout and the one from Mac OS is European Spanish, anyway in Finder some keys are not working, like you said home/end etc. but in Safari they all work just fine.

I first installed the NVinject without deleting NVDAResman.kext or something else and then i used your "gfx string" file. maybe i missed a step?

I would even do a clean install when i get it to work properly. So what steps are nessesary after installing kalyway 10.5.1 and the 10.5.2 update to install the nvidia drivers? thanks again, you are a big help. :(

Yes, the steps should be:

1- install 10.5.1 (Kaly or iATKOS) but without Nvidia kexts (or delete them after install)

2- install 10.5.2 update

3- install NVinject

4- install Graphics Update

5- install the gfx string, then remove NVinject

of course 3 and 4 could be just one step if you use johnniecarcinogen or Punk92 installer.

hi Macgirl

Iatkos running 1.0r2 works ok with efi boot etc [m1330 dell 2gb 200gb 7200rpm, led]

But after installing the 10.5.2 updater mouse and KB hangs...

Punk installer for graphics works great though...

So what's the key thing in order the iatkos installer up n running to 10.5.2?

[speedstep, reboot, shutdown etc is not my pririty right now :-) ]

Laterz

Hi

I installes iatkos 1,0r2 with efi boot [all bootloaders]

Nvidia via seperate installer for 128mb card...

Every works ok.

But :

- i installed 9.2 kernel : no reboot, shutdown fix etc

- how to install 2 finger scroll [ffscroll wont boot in pref panel]

- how do I get a battery status

- how to get real speedstep or via an app or such?? [let's say scaling the cpu with a app slider or such??]

Ps I installed dif acpi files and kext but is very crashy , and Im happy to have 10.5.2 stable now :-0

Anyone?

• 1 month later...

Great, there is a topic for the m1330 so i put here the same question.

Hi,

I have a problem with my new m1330.

the spec :

T8100 2ghz

3go ram

200go 7200rpm

geforce 6800 gs

I have 3 rlz, the kalyway 10.5.1, the newest 10.5.2 and iaktos.

The kalyway version 10.5.1, install boot when he want, maybe crash, maybe ok for install, but when the os reboot after installing, i can't boot on leopard, i have a grey screen with please shutdown.

With the newest kalyway version 10.5.2, install boot, but crash with grey screen with please shutdown.. just after darwin.

The iaktos version, install boot work fine, however after the finish install rebooting, i have the same error like the kalyway version 10.5.1

I had testing with one cpu, double core off, and my system crash again and again.

I have one primary partition for xp (40go), second primary partition with hfs+ for leopard and third logycal in ntfs.

I need some help, its 20 times that i try to install with differents feartures.

thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

First of all I'd like to say thank you for this great forum. Without this I'd never got any idea what to do to get a MacDell ;-).

My problem looks very similar to that of alx2k5. What I did:

- First Install with exactly the same results as alex. Booting with option -v I found out that the grafics driver had a problem that resulted in a panic...

- I removed the grafics driver and booted again with options -v -f -x.

- Now the system opened the GUI asking me for the language and keyboard. After some seconds with intensive disk accesses it repeated these questions in a loop. That's it.

It took me many hours to get this far, but now I'm pretty desperated. Could it be that OS X doesn't like the latest CPU generation? I'd be happy for any ideas.

This is my configuration:

- Dell XPS M1330

- T9300 2.5GHz

- 3 GB RAM (1x2GB, 1x1GB, 667 MHz)

- Intel GMA X3100 (I selected this just to be compatible with Leopard)

- 320 GB SATA (5400rpm)

- iATKOS 1.0 ir 2

Again, please let me know of *any* idea you have. I'll be more than happy to give my feedback here as well.

Have a nice day!

Thomas

Unless you are installing Tiger foolow this thread, to install Leopard I'll suggest you that you read the guide at mi signature.

The latest generation of processors are better for Mac OS, you can use less modded binaries with them.

Hi I have xps 1330 and i'm stuck because when get to the point ERASE my drive is not visible so i can't install jas mac os x 10.4

thanks

YES, I'm using Mac OS on my XPS M1330.

Method of install:

Made a FAT32 partition.

Jas 10.4.8 10.4.8 DVD

Upgrade to 10.4.10 with Pascalw packacge

When I installed I booted with cpus=1 and -s option (Single User mode)

then when i got the Prompt I hit control-D, it stalls at a point so I hit the eject button so it continues (I put back the DVD again).

Once the installer is running I use the Disk Utility and erase (format) the FAT32 partition to a HFS+ Journaled, back to the Installer I choose the new partition, I select only the JAS ATA option, wait to the installer ends.

Once Mac OS is installed every boot until upgrade to 10.4.10 I did the eject trick (you need a cd or dvd inside).

I made the upgrade to 10.4.10

Before the upgrade the screen shows trailing of things, also I could set Graphics Mode to 1280x800x32 on the com.apple.Boot.plist

Things that works:

Keyboard an Trackpad,

USB and FireWire ports,

webcam, (does not need iChatUSBCam)

Media buttons works flaswlesly,

Bluetooth,

Graphics card in VESA mode only (but is very fast thoug),

External VGA port works with the fn-f8 keys,

I don't have a DVI-HDMI cable or monitor yet, so I don't know if that port works.

Things that doesn't work:

Ethernet (broadcom 59xx)

Wireless Intel Card 4935ABG

Card Reader.

The Fingerprint reader is recognized, so with proper software can be used.

I use a Ralink based chip C-Net USB Wireless and a Linksys USB to Ethernet to connect to Internet.

I got sound with AppleHDA patch but only trhu headphones jack, other usb sound cards works.

Since I have no QE/CI I use Toast 7 instead of 8 version,

VMware works great, even it recognizes Vista partition as Boot Camp, but does not allow 3d aceleration.

More to come...

You need to reformat the fat32 partition to a mac partition (HFS+ Journaled) with Disk Utility.

but I suggest you that you install Leopard (10.5.) instead of Tiger (10.4.x), because with Tiger you end with a cripled Hackintosh (most of the hardware will not work).

MacGirl....

Can I start by stating that you are simply brilliant. Your setup with Vista/Leopard/Kubuntu and a successful data partition is a dream to me and something I would like to work towards.

I have an m1330 with the T7300, 4Gb ram, NVidia 8400m graphics, Dell 1505n, Bluetooth, FPR, as well as a new Samsung SATA II ssd and this is running Vista Ultimate in 64 bit mode. Can you offer a thought as to the difficulty I would have in doing a transition to a system similar to yours?

I also have registered versions of Acronis Disk Director Suite and True Image Home, the first of which has an OS Selector and can set partitions easily for dual boot environments apparently.

I have no problem purchasing the newest version of Mac to do this project but also question whether it would be simpler to seek bittorent or similar downloads of the TOH version as they seem to be a completely setup .iso

Is there anything that will not work and can I get your initial thoughts if possible?

flamenko.

Check the other thread (the one at my signature).

I see that Kalyway has better results than other DVDs, but the users on that thread can tell you more because I installed with a more "manual mode" method (BrazilMAC method btw) since I don't like very much Kalyway, iATKOS or Leo4All installation DVDs, and when I installed there weren't those such DVDs.

Im downloading the most recent Leo4All as it seems to be getting the most support. Its only going to be for trial and then I will purchase once I can understand the mechanics and get everything up.

Do you foresee me having troubles running a dual boot of Vista Ult 64Bit and Mac OS 10.5 x86?

Can you advise as to whether it is poss to start Vista with the power button and Mac with the MediaDirect button?