• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

DrDeath

DrDeath

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't there already a mac installer for that game or am I thinking linux?

There is a native Mac version.

PueloCesar

PueloCesar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hi all, did someone managed to get mouse working with GTA SA?

Now that's Demonoid is down I can't find mouse-fix anymore.. Some missions are impossible to play without a mouse or an analogic controller

Thanks

xFex

xFex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Hacking-Gaming-Hardware-Networking-Blogging and more...
Anybody tried with some soccer game? like FIFA or PES ??

cantstandable

cantstandable

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Here's the updated Cider/Oblivion.app thread
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=75237

I've figured out how to make Oblivion work and didn't want to cross post both instructions and what not, so here's the Oblivion thread.
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=75692

No mouse tearing, jerking or annoying {censored}. I'm not sure the other games that experience the mouse problems will be fixed by this version but let me know or whatever. I'll take requests.

Edited by cantstandable, 10 December 2007 - 11:10 PM.

dangx

dangx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, im having problems with NFSU2, everything works but i everytime i run the game my controls reset, any idea?

PueloCesar

PueloCesar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Here's the updated Cider/Oblivion.app thread
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=75237

I've figured out how to make Oblivion work and didn't want to cross post both instructions and what not, so here's the Oblivion thread.
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=75692

No mouse tearing, jerking or annoying {censored}. I'm not sure the other games that experience the mouse problems will be fixed by this version but let me know or whatever. I'll take requests.

So basically I can use other versions of Cider by just replacing the current one on GTA-SA.app?

I will try that then. Hope it works on GTA SA, it's just a pain to play the game without a mouse :D

Oh, and I installed the game on Windows to see if it haves better graphics, or if it runs smoother, but it's almost the same thing! Windows XP or Hackintosh Tiger, i have almost the same gaming experience.. that was a surprise for me..

I remember when I played a Windows game on Linux using Cedega and the game was much faster on Linux than on Windows :D (The game was UFO)

PueloCesar

PueloCesar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I tried copying the Frameworks and MacOS from Oblivion.app to my San Andreas.app, but it didn't work. I even corrected the Version.plist with the correct versions but it still don't works..

How can I see error logs? So I can see what's the problem?

joeysefika

joeysefika

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
anyone know about call of duty 4?? does it work or not.
i cant seem to get it to work using Game tap cider

Headrush69

Headrush69

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Tried need for speed hot persuit - but on the mac side it only shows textures on the left side of the screen, the right side is just white/grey shaded polygons.

Turn off pixel shaders or set to version 1.0 and it should fix that issue.

Kevin Sherman

Kevin Sherman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Anyone tried Puzzle Quest? I tried running it in Parallels, and no dice. I wanted to see what all the hubub is around this game.

Jose_CH

Jose_CH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
How do I install a cider game? I'm new in the mac gaming scene.
And I thought about it, but one thing I dont under stand, how do I install an exe file in OSX? oO

For example Oblivion...
I've got the windows version of oblivion and crossover....
what's to do?
I know, theres already a thread about it. But there is only a explanation for how to make it run, but not the first steps, how to install it :unsure:

You don't have to explain it at the example of oblivion. Please give me an explanation for a general example.

Thank you very much

shetty

shetty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Battlefield 1942 (with BF2142 Cider)

Could you perhaps upload the BF2142 Cider Version? It would be great to play Forgotten Hope on OS X.

yan.kun

yan.kun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Yesterday just tested Call of Duty for fun, could play it at 640x480 but when I changed resolution, the game crashed.

dnjmarlboro

dnjmarlboro

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Any success with Cider and CoD4? Playing this game directly under OSX would be really great...

CLiDE FTW!!1

CLiDE FTW!!1

Lay off the pipe.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

So basically I can use other versions of Cider by just replacing the current one on GTA-SA.app?

I will try that then. Hope it works on GTA SA, it's just a pain to play the game without a mouse ;)

Oh, and I installed the game on Windows to see if it haves better graphics, or if it runs smoother, but it's almost the same thing! Windows XP or Hackintosh Tiger, i have almost the same gaming experience.. that was a surprise for me..

I remember when I played a Windows game on Linux using Cedega and the game was much faster on Linux than on Windows :D (The game was UFO)

That is, unless Intel's windows' drivers are better than macs, like my x3100.

krazee.eyez

krazee.eyez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Has anyone tried Vice City with Leopard?
It seems to work fine, but when I try a mission, and it cuts to the video, it goes to black and basically crashes....

Any one else had the same? :)

Anybody?.......... :(

4F2E4A2E

4F2E4A2E

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
hi guys! first of all thank you so much! this is much easier and better then whith crossover.. i mean did get it to run with wine and crossover on my leopard, but with gametap is just so easy.

now. i did fix it how to play dow online and with all races...
gus its so easy...

1. bring the game to run like already described in this thread...
2. go to: /Library/Preferences/GameTap/
3. add this to it:

[Software\\THQ] 1201696027
@=""

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn Of War] 1201696027
"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"CDKEY_WXP"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"DawnOfWar_ver"="1.50"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Programme\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\"

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade] 1201696020
"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"W40KCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"WXPCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

4. play online :unsure:

hope i could help

goive

goive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Anyone got Counter-Strike Source working?

I have tried several non-steam versions, and I found one that "works" (google CSSfull_v28.rar ;) )

But there is always a catch :( The font rendering is not working, there is no text visible at all, which is very sad when the game actually runs pretty well. 100 fps, much better than Crossover and Parallels.

It also seams like some dx9 effects are working, but sometimes the framerate drops to 3 in special locations on the map, probably due to lack of dx9 shaders. This can probably be solved by setting the gfx level to 8, if you cold see that freekin' menu :thanks_speechbubble:

I have tried to copy all fonts from my winows installation to the transgaming windows/fonts dir, but without success. Help appreciated.

Hi, I know it's a long time since you posted but I'm about to embark on the same journey as you - downloading that wonderful copy of CSS (my oh my such large files shared by HTTP (there is a God)). So yeah I will tell you about my experiences... And by the way my download speeds are atrocious because of school network blah blah blah...

manolazza

manolazza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi to All,

Someone was be able to play Dark Age of Camelot with Cider ??????

Please let me know.

Manolazza

tazxen

tazxen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi guys,

I got Neverwinter Nights (diamond edition with both expansions, plus some hakpaks) running under Cider very easily, using the GameTap version.

I had originally installed it under Parallels. It was simple as copying the game files into c_drive\Program Files\, and editing Info.plist:

CedegaGameDir: "C:\Program Files\NWN"
CedegaGameName: "C:\Program Files\NWN\nwmain.exe"
PrefsFolderName: "NeverwinterNights"

Thanks to all the hints and tips on this forum.

The graphic performance is great, much better than Parallels. However, I'm getting an audio crackle, with or without music on. Has anyone encountered this particular problem with a Cider port before? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy