Official Unofficial Cider Game thread

Suzuka

243 posts in this topic

Legend of Norrath, anyone dare to try?

download_client_banner.jpg

Heya! I'm very noob in this forum and Cider thing. So, I'm a very InsaneMac user

:)

Recently I've been addicted to a card game from Everquest creators. You can have a look.

The application is a simple one, no big effects or requirements, it looks like java to me.

So, I would ask any of you (nice souls) if you have the knowledge to try to port it.

I'm not aware of the Cider limitations, in online games. But sure I hear that it's posible.

Let me know if you have any succes or need anything!

asharae.pngThanks mates!

• 5 months later...

Howzit, I've just got cider working and tested with two of my games so far... before I tell what games I tried I'll say the version of cider I'm using is v1. I got warcraft III frozen throne working perfectly. I realise there is a mac version, but I wanted to see if my windows version would work... Second game i've tried is counter-strike v1.6 and that doesn't work... I'll download the GT version and see if that is maybe better...

• 3 weeks later...
BF2's system.reg as I have it, works online, sometimes; Note that the "ergc" lines are your serial number, not sure if rest is even neccessary, but I know it won't play online without "ergc", even in Windows. Look in a windows install for the correct lines for your version, mine has mods, and they work too. BTW, if you try to copy/paste these lines, it may fail. I am only posting to show the format. I added these to the bottom of the "system.reg" file in preferences. Note that once you run the app, it created a preferences folder, should be in your user folder. You will either have to delete this new folder, or alter the files inside it.

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA CORE\\INSTALLED GAMES\\EAGAMES\\BF2-2006\\ONLINE_CONTENT\\BF2-EP1]

"GameLauncherParameters"="+menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1"

"GameLauncherPath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2\\bf2.exe"

"DisplayName"="Battlefield 2 Special Forces"

"Version"="1.1"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games]

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2]

"Language"="English"

"Locale"="en_US"

"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2"

"Version"="1.4"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2\\ergc]

@="x9392<buncha numbers>"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2\\wdc]

@="true"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 Hard Justice]

"Version"="1.21"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 HardJusticeMapPack1]

"Version"="1.2"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 HardJusticeMapPack2]

"Version"="1.2"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 HardJusticeMapPack3]

"Version"="1.2"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 Special Forces]

"Language"="English"

"Locale"="en_US"

"Version"="1.4"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 Special Forces\\ergc]

@="x9392<buncha numbers>"

[sOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Battlefield 2 Special Forces\\wdc]

@="true"

[sYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\BF2\\Parameters]

"Application"="<\"C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2\\BF2.exe\" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +modPath mods/HardJustice> \\ <application.ext>"

[sYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\BF2\\Enum]

"0"="Root\\LEGACY_BF200"

"Count"=dword:00000001

"NextInstance"=dword:00000001

how did u get bf2 to work?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GTA SA works fine (slight mouse glitch) but i cidered GUN and it works BEAUtifully with no hiccups or glitches

on both Macbook pro Aluminium unibody 13" and 15" Old Macbook Pro 15" and old white and black macbooks

tried it on all of them runs fine not slowly at all I also dont think i saw sims 3 up there (or sims 2 or 1) i have sims 3 mac and have seen macbooks running both 2 and 1

• 2 months later...

If anyone could find the time, could you please wrap Borderlands, with the 1.30 patch, and all three dlc's, zip it up, post it on a direct download site, and send me the link? OR teach me how to do it myself? Except for the sharing part, i'm new to cider and i want to learn how to wrap my games.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys..I am pretty new to Mac and a complete n00b to mac gaming..I downloaded Counter Strike Source for Mac, but whenever I try and launch it an icon appears in the dock for a moment and disappears and nothing happens. I am not sure how to run the game or if I am missing something. I own the Windows version of this game, not sure if it helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...