World of Warcraft

blitha

76 posts in this topic

Doug, would it be possible to just torrent as well the "exe" file, which is actually that "World of Warcraft.app" folder within your WoW dir ? Should be like 15MB which is way less than 5GB or something :D.

I am asking you for this since you can just patch the game to 1.9.3 in XP (and most of you should have XP on some hard drive out there :)) and copy that .app file into your WoW dir., it'll work perfectly :) (I know, I did try this with the 1.9.2 beta UB patch since they only sent me the .app file and not the patching program).

Basically, the only thing that changes when you patch the game is the modification of 3 files : World of Warcraft.app which is of course patched to have the 1.9.3 executable, and patch.mpq & patch-2.mpq in your WoW dir.

All the other files remain the same, so it's useless to even seed them if you are planning on seeding the whole game.

cyclone, are you saying that if I just copy my WoW folder from my XP install to my Mac drive, and run the updater, it'll be OK? I'm confused what you're asking.

All I want to torrent are the following:

1.x->1.9 (the big 250MB patch required to update to 1.9, which is needed to follow the rest of the trail)

1.9->1.9.1

1.9.1->1.9.2

1.9.2->1.9.3

This way you can have a clean installation and the torrent would be about 275MB at most (since it'd be a compressed DMG)

cyclone, are you saying that if I just copy my WoW folder from my XP install to my Mac drive, and run the updater, it'll be OK? I'm confused what you're asking.

All I want to torrent are the following:

1.x->1.9 (the big 250MB patch required to update to 1.9, which is needed to follow the rest of the trail)

1.9->1.9.1

1.9.1->1.9.2

1.9.2->1.9.3

This way you can have a clean installation and the torrent would be about 275MB at most (since it'd be a compressed DMG)

It's a nice idea you have there but I (and many foreigners here) would be stuck since I have the french version of WoW and your patches are specific to the US version of the game.

No, I am not saying this : I just said you can do this (ie, copy a Windows WoW patched to 1.9.3 UNDER WINDOWS) AND copy the 1.9.3 "World of Warcraft.app" from an already 100% patched version from your G4 for example.

Again, the only thing that differs from WoW MAC and WoW PC is the root of the game containing all the DLLs/EXE file on the PC version and a single World of Warcraft.app folder, containing all the mac binaries in it (and this is what we need there then).

But you cannot patch a XP installation with a MAC patcher, this won't work.

So I want you to seed that .app file (you might not see extensions on your OSX installation, but you can notice that folder easily since this is the folder (or file whatever you wanna call it) you are used to click on it in your WoW dir. to launch the game : the one that displays the BIG W icon.

I have a mac version of 1.9.0. Ie. I install from the dvd. Then use WoW-1.9.0-enUS-patch.dmg which is available from fileplanet. Then I am missing everything I need to get me from 1.9.0 to 1.9.2. I have the WoW-1.9.2.4996-to-1.9.3.5059-enUS-patch.dmg to get me to the current revision but I am missing the:

1.9.0->1.9.1 patch

and

1.9.1->1.9.2 patch

Can anyone throw either of those two up onto rapidshare or something?

I can even put up WoW-1.9.2.4996-to-1.9.3.5059-enUS-patch.dmg if anyone needs that one. The WoW-1.9.0-enUS-patch.dmg patch is very big... ~300mb and is available on fileplanet.

Links:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.0 -> 1.9.0 patch:

http://www.fileplanet.com/154314/150000/fi...---Macintosh-US

1.9.0 -> 1.9.1 patch:

MISSING!

1.9.1 -> 1.9.2 patch:

MISSING!

1.9.2 -> 1.9.3 patch:

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JGGAH4...O73OZ5HNV4ZBRHH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll continue adding as we get them.

Okay, so I've been waiting for the 1.9.3 patch of WoW, hoping that it will somehow work on my mac - no go. I can start up WoW, but as soon as I enter a realm everything freezes and my entire system crashes. Before I actually enter the realm everything works fine (i.e. the pregame realm picking, character making, etc.). After patching to 1.9.3 it acts the same as before, crashing just after entering. Same install works fine on XP (using the same hardware).

Also, should the WoW icon now read Intel, PowerPC - because it still just reads "PowerPC", though it does show 1.9.3 as the version...

Any ideas?

my hardware:

osx 10.4.3 8f111g

asus p5ld2-vm motherboard (945g w/950 onboard video)

pentium D 820 (2.8ghz x2)

sata 250gb x3

2gb dual channel ddr2 667

I don't have any idea why, but could you post the patches that are missing above or atleast post your 1.9.3 binary so we could see if the problem exists for other people? I have an SSE2 set up yours is SSE3, did you patch using the 1.9.0 installer above or did you patch up on the pc or something?

Here's the contents of my config.wtf:

SET hwDetect "0"

SET gxColorBits "24"

SET gxDepthBits "24"

SET gxResolution "1024x768"

SET gxRefresh "60"

SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"

SET gxFixLag "0"

SET fullAlpha "1"

SET doodadAnim "0"

SET lodDist "80.000000"

SET SmallCull "0.080000"

SET DistCull "350.000000"

SET frillDensity "8"

SET farclip "200.000000"

SET particleDensity "0.300000"

SET movie "0"

SET readTOS "1"

SET readEULA "1"

SET realmName "Vek'nilash"

SET gameTip "1"

No interface mods on this box. And by post the binary - what'd you mean - just the 15mb .app file?

joksus, I don't understand : you are saying it just crashes the same way as before : did the game WORK on your setup on 1111 using Rosetta, i mean, did it show the menu at least ? Because NO one, including SSE3 users could even reach the menu...

Could be interesting...

Don't think it's because you have a GMA900 since Doug has one and a SSE3 processor and the game crashes while launching.

So if you can actually run the game under Rosetta, really this should be STUDIED by the pros around there :thumbsdown_anim:

And indeed, it should show INTEL/POWERPC...

cyclonefr... do you have the 1.9.3 binary after patching from your *beta* 1.9.2 or are you patched up and good to go, because I could really use either those two patch apps that are missing above, or the 1.9.3 or 1.9.2 world of warcraft app, I can get 1.9.0 to almost patch to 1.9.3 by updating installing the base mac version that I posted above, then copying my windows version of WoW over it and then editing the World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Info.plist to appear as though it is 1.9.2. After this it almost completely patches me up to 1.9.3 except it fails the info.plist CRC check at the end. If I had your 1.9.2 binary or 1.9.3 binary I'm certain it would patch correctly with some simple modifications.

--cyclonefr-- Yes, the game starts up for me. I'll briefly explain the game booting process: you click on the icon, icon bounces etc., then I get the initial login screen where I enter my login/pass, then the screen w/ my character hanging out - it's here that when I click "enter world" that it freezes. A couple of times it even let me enter the world for a minute or so before freezing up. And when I say freezing, I mean full panic - and I need to reboot to use my system. But up until then it works - automatically downloading updates, logging in, etc.

--joskus-- did you try changing/adding both of those settings to your config.wtf? Also were you successful in uploading the WoW.app?

Do this and paste back the output...

Start up Applications/Utilities/Console

it should show console.log... paste back whatever happens from wow starting to crashing... there should be debug info in there... I don't care about the info in the wow error reporter, just the console.log info.

I added the info to the .wtf file and it doesn't seem to do anything differently. As far as posting my console log - WoW completely takes my system out so the console log is empty when I reboot. And looking in console it appears that the WoW crash.log stopped reporting for 1.9.3 - but it did log the 1.9.2 crashes.

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2O3VS7E...X53OKX1K2SY9NMK ----1.9.3 app

with that and a fully patched windows 1.9.3 installation copied over my 1.9.0 mac installation, I have a working version, however I do have major stability issues as you reported. Mine seem a bit more erratic sometimes I make it completely into the game sometimes just past log in. I think I'm going to try copying the 10.4.4 drivers tomorrow and see how that works.

im having the same problems as joskus and moomoo.. though i was able to patch from within rosetta... hmm...

i was also able to run the game in rosetta, only very slow with some graphical glitches. froze up the same way then too. the intel version does this exact same thing.

maybe we gotta wait until we get some updated GL stuff..

i tryed working fine but about 20 to 25 FPS

Do you all use a GMA900 to run the game anyway ? (by you, I mean you that have major instabilities)

Else it might be the problem, where paradoxically you can run the game under Rosetta while we can't, us, ATI users but we can 100% run the Intel version (yep it doesn't crash at all in game or entering the world).

Just an idea but maybe games will depend on 10.4.4 files specifically and wont or dont work with 10.4.3 ones

considering these games are compiled for the new mactels and obviously they run 10.4.4

Is like the same as the drivers for ati how they dont work in 10.4.4 well maybe just maybe games and applications will be the same.....

i dunno cos i aint got a clue about stuff like that but its just a thought

Another point dont know if anyone else has noticed but when i was running just 8f1111 a simple game like bricks of egypt worked perfect windowed and fullscreen but after updating to 8f1111f/g gme still runs but nothing but gfx corruption so maybe clutching at straws but its might be another factor but without that 8f111a/g patch i wouldnt be able to run aperture or toast titanium 7

(TPM patched only)

intel p4 3.0 HT,emt64 (prescott)

ati x600 pcie

2 x 150 sata

erthernet realtek 8139

Oh also even with gma 900 i still had corruption after the update to 8f1111a

Another point dont know if anyone else has noticed but when i was running just 8f1111 a simple game like bricks of egypt worked perfect windowed and fullscreen but after updating to 8f1111f/g gme still runs but nothing but gfx corruption so maybe clutching at straws but its might be another factor but without that 8f111a/g patch i wouldnt be able to run aperture or toast titanium 7

(TPM patched only)

intel p4 3.0 HT,emt64 (prescott)

ati x600 pcie

2 x 150 sata

erthernet realtek 8139

Oh also even with gma 900 i still had corruption after the update to 8f1111a

Didn't try "simple" games so I don't know. The only games I really tried are UT 2004, World of Warcraft, Harry Potter 2 and Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne : all of them work perfectly with no artifacts or something like that (by this, I mean like in Windows).

About WoW crashing on some PC out there, I can't say for sure the GMA is behind this but it seems it is :(

Waiting for other reports from the others !

Anyway, again, it works fine with my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (I guess every ATI card that uses the ATIRadeon9700.kext and 1600.kext), I played it for a while and it was really fine. But I cannot play it using Rosetta (Yep, it's useless, but it's not normal since you, GMA 9xx users (or so it seems) can play more PPC games then us, ATI users).

Or, you could buy an ATI card to do some more tests to have some confirmations, it's not as if it wasn't worth buying since that GMA chip sucks, even in Windows and WoW will surely run better (it uses the GPU a lot, as well as the CPU).

Waiting for some more reports there !

PS : Could you guys try Diablo 2 OSX or StarCraft OSX if you have those games and tell me if it runs under Rosetta ? (Only you who can launch WoW under Rosetta)

Got my 1.9.3 WoW up and running on my OSx86 box, no stability issues (so far). This is what I did:

1. Copied over already patched 1.9.3 XP WoW folder to /Applications Folder on OSx86 side.

2. Downloaded and Extracted the 1.9.3 WoW .app file linked in Post #39 to that same WoW folder I copied over.

3. Double-Clicked the WoW .app file I just downloaded.

Worked fine, like I said, no stability issues so far. Only issue I've had so far is that when you play it in Windowed Mode, the game still believes it's in resolution I set in the Boot parameters (1280x1024). Big resolution game in a smaller resolution = small, sometimes blurred text. It's really only a annoyance, because I can drag the bottom right corner of the window to make it bigger, or just play it in Full Screen Mode.

Sager 5680 (Notebook)

3.2 GHz HT, 1 GB RAM, ATI Raedon 9600 128MB

Dual Boot Win Xp / 10.4.3 8f1111a (Native) installed via GRUB

How do you enable the showing of FPS within WoW, so I can see how much difference there is between xp/osx86 versions?

Edit: Found that Auctioneer and Enchantrix don't load up autmatically anymore on the OSx86 side. Clearing SavedVariables associated with those two AddOns, removing those two AddOn folders, and re d/l'ing & installing them seems to have fixed it, though.