Leopard Gold Master in 5 days?

fordee

35 posts in this topic

Yeh!.. Got a friend that works at the right part of the right company that said Leo goes GM in 5 days.. Just played with his Iphone for a bit.. awsome.. just trying to justify the cost in my head, but i'm already sold :wacko: My Friend's got a stock of 10 Turbo sims arriving shortly so one has been 'set aside'..

So.. How long do you think it will take to go from "Leo GM" to a patched generic Install "soon appearing at a torrent site near you?" :thumbsup_anim:

I have a Hackintosh, G5, and old G3 notebook. --

I'm fully planning on buying a copy of Leo.

We all want it, and without Apple, we wouldn't have it. They deserve our $$.. They've Earned it. Buy it.

Can you tell your find that they might want to look into why NTFS-3g and MacFuse no longer works? I know they don't support 3rd parties but just incase he knows of a fix or knows a guy who knows a guy that knows how to get NTFS write and read working with current 3rd party apps or a work around, then I'd appreciate it =). Ask him why I have a -n in front of my Volume name, if I can get rid of that I might be able to get it working.

Well I hope they do not launch soon ive almost downloaded 9a559, lol, now curse my name.... well I am going to wait a while before I update to Leopard Legally! till than i will be using 91559 and will be hoping they let us update to the gold version, will that be possible through software update guys? for 9a559 users to update to Gold..?

do guys think 9a559, is stable enough to use till i am convinced that I want to buy leopard? .... which will be when I buy a new Macbook Pro, which could be after they release new versions of em i guess by Macworld 2008, so 9a559 should be stable enough to get leo features but runned as second os?

I am doubting this within 5 days myself. Wait and see for me. Apple is probably working overtime, but I am sure they don't want to rush and ensure that things work right or strive to by GM. I think they were really embarrassed by all the issues that appeared immediately after Tiger got out. This release (Leopard) is especially critical since its the first major universal upgrade of Leopard and Apple wants it to look good upgrading, installing (clean) and working properly without a tonne load of corrective patches needed the same day.

i think its possible for the 5days... cos thats all the time they have left even with overtime... they need time to press the DVDs and ship them all overseas... i think they have to do code cleanup now cos there's still a large chunk of debug code left....

but any case, i think GM is 5 days is possible...

If release date is October 26th, then I guess yes GM should be in 5 Days.

This reminds me, I saw a pic of Bill Gates looking extremely {censored} holding up a Gold Master of 98 or maybe XP. It came in the newspaper and he looked really {censored}. I can never imagine Steve doing that though.

If release date is October 26th, then I guess yes GM should be in 5 Days.

This reminds me, I saw a pic of Bill Gates looking extremely {censored} holding up a Gold Master of 98 or maybe XP. It came in the newspaper and he looked really {censored}. I can never imagine Steve doing that though.

Not that I have anything against {censored} people, but its rather stupid and derogative of you to say Bill Gates looked {censored} because he held up the RTM code of 5,000 developers plus 5,000 JDPs who worked tirelessly on it. It was a celebration that was held on the lawns at Microsoft with all the MS employees so he could officially deliver the GM to the various OEMs to press and ship on the many brand computers in the fall of 2001.

You can't imagine Steve Jobs doing that? Hmm, well take a look at him with an OS X box (mind you, someone altered it, but it was a box OS X box, but its no different:

liger.jpg

i think they have to do code cleanup now cos there's still a large chunk of debug code left....

Seemingly, this mythical "debug code" has been in every single 10.X.0 version. Remember the original 10.0 debug-code shenanigans, the 10.1 debug-code, etc? You'd think after 6-7 years, they'd take it out already ^_^.

It's pretty much my favorite operating system. LOL!!!!!!!!!

There are ungay classes for menimums. Someone should tell Bill before it affects his career.

Not that I have anything against {censored} people, but its rather stupid and derogative of you to say Bill Gates looked {censored} because he held up the RTM code of 5,000 developers plus 5,000 JDPs who worked tirelessly on it. It was a celebration that was held on the lawns at Microsoft with all the MS employees so he could officially deliver the GM to the various OEMs to press and ship on the many brand computers in the fall of 2001.

You can't imagine Steve Jobs doing that? Hmm, well take a look at him with an OS X box (mind you, someone altered it, but it was a box OS X box, but its no different:

liger.jpg

Hmm, well take a look at him with an OS X box (mind you, someone altered it, but it was a box OS X box, but its no different:

liger.jpg

Here is the original photogragh

Tom.jpg

... and NO I have not got a clue of

a. where is the Torrent

b. will it run on PPC

c. what are the minimum specs

:)

liger.jpg

That is some of the worst photoshopping i've seen...and I'm not talking about the box. He would have to be an alien to have that body

@MrDee : I dont mean {censored} as in a homosexual sense, just as a very simple abuse. Like stupid, etc. I dont care who worked on it, but the thing is Bill Gates looked stupid(or {censored}) holding the Gold Master. Steve Jobs doesnot look stupid(or {censored}) holding the box of Tiger.

I dont wanna start a flame war or anything, but that was just my Point Of View and what I remembered at the time.

i think they will launch it on 21st so the GM Should be out by now, thats my opinion and I guess im wrong, it is more likely they will release it on 26th. Though I am going to stick to 21st as thats when they launched Ipod, Tiger Release was annouced exactly 17 days before the launch and if the whole 26th thing is right than its got to be today the 9th Of October Guys...... either way they are running late........ for october release that is.....