So who's gonna BUY it?

graphxks

41 posts in this topic

Apple deserves the money for their efforts, and the fact that it's only $129 (vs $500 for Vista Ultimate) makes me think it is a great deal.

Well, I was thinking that until Tiger was released but since, for each release, Apple announce new features that are never achieved (quartz 2D extreme announced for Tiger is not even present in Leopard).

I don't know if I will buy leopard, because I will feel to pay for a part of the iPhone; do not forget why leopard has been pushed back, and perhaps why some features are missing in Leopard: Apple puts every engineer available to work on it at the expense of Mac OS X.

Although i think 559 is pretty much GM and stable enough in every day use, i will buy leopard on the day it will be released.

since i live in a small town/germany i will have to order online....unfortunally...'cos i'll miss the experience of being in a row with other fanboys^^

apple deserves the money for their efforts to make us all happy...

I'm definitely buying it. With the edu discount to which I am entitled it comes out to ~$30 :P

$30?!? My edu price is $69!

I forgot I can get a discount on that! Thanks for the reminder, mine is $69 too. Still a lot better than the regular price :D

I will buy it but I won't do anything with it for at least a month. This is a major change to the OS and could very well break my current install.

On another note... I would hope Apple & Co. would not come after me for a hackintosh with leopard on it when I have a legit copy. However... if it came down to it... would I go toe to toe with them on the issue? I mean If I owned a legit copy, does that extend the license of it to a hacked regular intel - am I really violating copyright issues? I wouldn't be selling it. I would think I am allowed to make modifications to my own piece of software in order to run it in the privacy of my own home.

I lay awake at night wondering these things...