4 replies to this topic

kle500

kle500

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Hello everybody.
I've got some captured dv avi files from Edius in XP, but i can't load them in FinalCut.
Is there any way, codec or something that allow the file to be imported in FinalCut?

When i try to play the file, it opes as a white clip, and quicktime ask for some codec.

Anyone has a solution, other than open the file in XP (edius) and export using the MS codec?
Cause it's time consuming that way.

Regards

jonokti

jonokti

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Try MPEG streamclip to convert it to DV quicktime file. Still takes some time but a lot less than recapturing it.

kle500

kle500

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I tried MPEG Streamclip, but is not working either.
Audio is present, but not video.
I googled about this, and it seems there is no workaround, except to re-export from edius as a MS avi file.
But then, i must Manage clips inside Final Cut, due to slow response of the avi files.
Unfortunately too much time and HDD space.

ArkaPro

ArkaPro

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hi, I just started taking my first steps in FCPS2.
I mostly work on a PC Premiere pro.

I needed material to test on the FCP, so I too tried to import Canopus DV, and I god the White screen as well.

I have on my Windows a great conversion program - that every editor must have:
Canapus Procoder - version 3 can be found cracked.

basically it can convert everything to almost everything, with the abillity to tweak a lot.

one of the presets supports Editing software > FCP quick time... that should do the job.

tell me how its going on...

sravanisirish

sravanisirish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi,
Just convert the video in canopus procoder , your problem solve , canopus pro coder is a great software & Powerfull program , but you must select FCP or AVID Which you want to convert the file into, You can,t find the pro coder for mac just convert the video in xp , save the file in the hard disk then you capture the video through Fire wire Cable, Any doubts feel free to mail me, i will guide you Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy