Apple Releases Leopard 9A557/9A559 Seed Update

vassillios

23 posts in this topic

"Apple has released a new seed update to developers running the latest versions of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard via Mac OS X's Software Update mechanism.

The 9A557/9A559 Seed Update includes fixes to wireless networking and RAW image viewing in the latest development build of Mac OS X Leopard. The update is also being used to test new features with in the Software Update mechanism itself.

Apple seeded 9A559 to developers 10 days ago, which introduced a number of bug fixes and user interface tweaks. Today's update does not change the Leopard seed number.

Apple had previously announced that it was going to be releasing Leopard in October, but no specific release date has been set. Several reports have suggested that Apple is considering these latest builds as release candidates for the final version of Leopard."

I edited the title because macrumors labeled it as 9a599 in the title instead of 9a559.

This is -really- weird. I'm a Firefox user but opened Safari to show a friend web clip and after updating, Safari doesn't seem to have that functionality. In addition, the buttons have been reverted from the metal Leopard look to how they look in Tiger. Picture below.

post-113796-1191277271_thumb.png

This is -really- weird. I'm a Firefox user but opened Safari to show a friend web clip and after updating, Safari doesn't seem to have that functionality. In addition, the buttons have been reverted from the metal Leopard look to how they look in Tiger. Picture below.

Wow, I think I'll pass on this one as well.

I've ran the update, and Safari is unchanged. Looks the same, and WebClip is there too. I haven't noticed anything since the update.

Everything is nice and smooth still down here for me.. gonna run test on the safari downloading mechanism...

EDIT: For now, seems like downloading is fixed... i can hit pass 500kb without the whole network stalling on safari.. will stress test it more later..

I installed this update without issue. I'm not certain what it did exactly, but man, this puppy sure booted ALOT faster - it had to have shaved a least 5+ seconds off the boot time. Possible kernel change? I seem to think that the last kernel was 9.0.0b3 it's now 9.0.0b5. I could be wrong about that though...

I installed this update without issue. I'm not certain what it did exactly, but man, this puppy sure booted ALOT faster - it had to have shaved a least 5+ seconds off the boot time. Possible kernel change? I seem to think that the last kernel was 9.0.0b3 it's now 9.0.0b5. I could be wrong about that though...
original 559 kernel is b5.looking at the update, no kernel gets updated, the only kexts that do get updated at 802.11 related (wifi/airport) and most of the system files are airport related. other things that got changed looking at the update is RAW and other Network.

update: just rebooted after installing the update on my hackintosh, it's working fine.