boot loader not starting.

1 post in this topic

I had osx up and running great for a good 12 hours. The bootloader was working fine, switching back and forth from osx and xp. Anyway, the third or fourth time i booted, before i got to the boot loader, i hit return because i was in a rush. Then it went to a blank screen with a text bar on the top left. nothing. Restarted 10+ times. I just couldn't boot. I finally just re-installed xp. Everything in xp is working fine now, but i dont have osx any more. I dont have a xp disc, and i have to go to my universities tech center every time i need to reformat my computer, and it gets embarrassing after after the third or fourth time i screw up my computer. So if i somebody can give me an explination to whether hitting return at that exact moment screwed everything up, or my computer just crashed for something completely unrelated, or if was just from having osx on my computer made this happen. I would really like to have osx on (i hate windows and linux is to unsupported), but it's not worth loosing all my data for. Somebody know anything about this or should i just say whatever and forget about it?