Boot Camp drivers

HackerName

12 posts in this topic

Hey there.

As most of you, I installed Leopard by using the Restore method and not burning an expensive DL-DVD. But Boot Camp now won't let me burn a driver disk, instead saying I should use the Leopard installer disk to install the drivers. Any way I can get around this without burning the disk? :/

I got around it by doing this:

1) Install windows XP to boot camp partition, don't worry about drivers for now.

2) After windows is installed, restart back to mac

3) Create a Parallels setup using you boot camp partition

4) Boot from your boot camp partition using parallels, allowing parallels to install its tools

5) Attach leopard.dmg (or whatever its name is) as a dmg to the parallels cd/dvd drive

6) The disk containing the boot camp drivers will mount and try to run in windows. The install won't work though.

7) Drag the files on the Boot Camp CD to a folder on drive (a new folder on your desktop is convenient)

8) Restart into boot camp

9) Run the boot camp installer from the folder you made while in parllels

I just downloaded the beta from Apple's website, and you can get the drivers from that. Put 'em on a USB drive, and that was the end of it. That was a while ago though...Can't see any reason that it would be different...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an existing installed Vista partition with Boot Camp.

After upgrading to 'this release" of Leopard, is my Boot Camp automatically upgraded?

How do I know what version it is, or how do I upgrade the older version, keeping my Vista installation intact?

If I boot at startup to that partition, I get a blue screen of death, but I can access it via Parallels.

Do I go into the Vista partition via Parallels and upgrade the Boot Camp drivers there?

What if I didn't have Parallels, would I lose the installation?

BUT (and I DO appreciate the help), I still need to know, once I DO have 'those' drivers:

I have an existing installed Vista partition with Boot Camp.

After upgrading to 'this release" of Leopard, is my Boot Camp automatically upgraded?

How do I know what version it is, or how do I upgrade the older version, keeping my Vista installation intact?

If I boot at startup to that partition, I get a blue screen of death, but I can access it via Parallels.

Do I go into the Vista partition via Parallels and upgrade the Boot Camp drivers there?

What if I didn't have Parallels, would I lose the installation?

Get the drivers from TPB: APPLE.OSX.10.5.LEOPARD.BOOT.CAMP.FOR.VISTA.XP.PROPER. It was deleted for some reason. Anyone know why?

You can still get the Drivers from the Green Demon though: Drivers Windows for Boot Camp 2.0 (Leopard).

I am a bit confused by these drivers..

Every Mac needs different drivers, or am I wrong?