G4 Case Converted to Mactel

zfire89

22 posts in this topic

Today and yesterday i modded a g4 case to fit my Asrock P4Dual-915GL board, almost every thing worked except my cdrom wont fit because it hits the second ram stick when closed so i either need to find a shorter cd rom drive(which is not likely because the one i have is really short already) or trade my two 512mb sticks for one 1gb stick therefor not having a second stick in will allow the cd drive to fit, and i have to rewire the power button, restart button, and the power LED but other than that all went smooth and looks great.

I will post pics soon

Today and yesterday i modded a g4 case to fit my Asrock P4Dual-915GL board, almost every thing worked except my cdrom wont fit because it hits the second ram stick when closed so i either need to find a shorter cd rom drive(which is not likely because the one i have is really short already) or trade my two 512mb sticks for one 1gb stick therefor not having a second stick in will allow the cd drive to fit, and i have to rewire the power button, restart button, and the power LED but other than that all went smooth and looks great.

I will post pics soon

Picture???

Is the Fan from the CPU not to big??

it was very close but theres a bout a 2 centimeter gap between the cpu fan and the power supply, and i have great temps

pics will be up tomarrow im waiting to use a friend digital camera

I am very much interested!

:angry:

• 2 weeks later...
im still waiting for my friends camera because all i have is a camera phone and i dont think that would work for pictures lol, ill TRY to get his camera tonight

Picture.... Picture... Picture.... :)

The person im borrowing the camera from keeps forgeting to bring it over

And my motherboard is fastened down on custom mounts I made.

I have the same Mobo,

i can´t use of both ram!

dvd drive assembly obstructs both RAM :angel:

i need external dvd drive... :D

If there are anymore request for pics in any other areas or angles let me know now before I have to take the camera back to my friend.

how do you start mac?

how are the cables attached?

/edit: 16.02.06 - Here is my "G4" MacOSx86 Workstation :hysterical: It´s in german, i speak a little bit english :/