Why Microsoft must abandon Vista to save itself

Alessandro17

65 posts in this topic

They Should Abandon vista, Microsoft is going to be tredding water to survive when vista fails like Microsoft Bob

They should abandon NT its old as hell. Do what Apple did, sacrifice compatibility, but make a great product.

For an OS that was 5 years in the making, and is basically an attempt to copy OS X, i was pretty disappointed when you compare it to how good Leapord looks

Then again i can't afford a macbook :P

So that is why i resort to OSX86 :D

They should abandon NT its old as hell. Do what Apple did, sacrifice compatibility, but make a great product.

Absolutely. And besides they could put a compatibility layer on top of it. If Wine/Crossover can, Microsoft which has all the code, could do it a lot better.

Agree'd

Absolutely. And besides they could put a compatibility layer on top of it. If Wine/Crossover can, Microsoft which has all the code, could do it a lot better.

Agree'd

Thing is, how would a non-NT windows look like? I can't imagine anything without a wacky unorganized start menu.

Yeah, I think they should abandon NT too. It's become too messy to work with and modify to add new features. Just check the code that leaked from windows 2000. They should start from scratch and make a great new OS.

Microsoft should just take a build of Ubuntu and make it compatible with Windows' previous software.

And they'd call it, Windows Visbuntu.

Catchy, ain't it?

:P

The trouble with that is: everybody would want their favorite distribution. I want openSUSE :P

Yeah, but it's not going to happen. MS has invested too much time and money in Vista already.

Look how long and difficult it was for Apple to replace their OS. And tey had the advantage of controlling all their hardware.

Not going to happen, Apple will take over eventually.

I almost laughed out loud the other day when I saw how slow Vista was on my friends Core 2 Duo laptop.

I almost laughed out loud the other day when I saw how slow Vista was on my friends Core 2 Duo laptop.

Not to defend Microsoft or Vista in any way, but a clean version of Vista on my computer runs faster than any copy of OS X on any mac that I've ever seen.

I guess it depends on configuration, but on my rig Vista is unbelievably fast with the bells + whistles on (Aero).

It's probably all the {censored} that the manufactures bundle with the OS that make it slow.

Errr, or terrible drivers.

My mobo came with "Vista Premium drivers", what ever the heck that means.

Anyways, the whole "clumsyness" of Vista is a per-user experience.

I agree with the above.

I have a MacBook (see spec's in sig) and Vista Ultimate clean ran FASTER than OS X. And to be honest my OS X has more hiccups than Vista (random short lock-up moments).

And what bugs me is that people take old (pre-vista) hardware and complain when it goes slow. I have a 3.0GHz Pent. D, 4GB RAM, 600GB SATA HD, and Vista Ultimate runs PERFECT. People complain too much.

HERESY!!!

Just kidding, guys, I've actually heard similar comments, so I won't argue with you. I haven't even tried Vista on my rig yet, I will do and then I'll make some real comments.

However, even XP can get really slow when you install many programs. Windows starts out fast, and then gets slower. I'm happy coz with 2 harddrives nearly full and lotsa apps install, OS X still runs beautifully.

Anyway, I say when Leo comes around, Vista will get pwned.

HERESY!!!

Just kidding, guys, I've actually heard similar comments, so I won't argue with you. I haven't even tried Vista on my rig yet, I will do and then I'll make some real comments.

However, even XP can get really slow when you install many programs. Windows starts out fast, and then gets slower. I'm happy coz with 2 harddrives nearly full and lotsa apps install, OS X still runs beautifully.

Anyway, I say when Leo comes around, Vista will get pwned.

Not a chance in hell. A majority of PC users are afraid of Mac and will never switch. Sad reality, comments saying Leopard will take over are really taken with a grain of salt.

Microsoft is still a monopoly. They have been ramming inferior OS down the masses throats for years.... nothing will change....

Its like the big fat cat that everyone likes to kick off the couch. Its grown fat and lazy, so it feels good to kick it off (the Vista complaints), but it always comes back. And you always pay. Most people seem prefer a fat bloated tabby over a lean panther, tiger or leopard......

Vista is XP all over again, except its got makeup on......

...yup, she's still got a registry.... :D